• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I SAW A COYOTE.......A COYOTE!...IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA IN FAIRFAX VA. Very populated. I was shocked didn't expect to see one around here. You could tell by the cowering way it loped.
Even vultures are coming back...think they are turkey vultures who congregate along a main highway running right down the middle of the wealthiest most populated counties in Northern VA: Fairfax County.
I read a lot that the bears and Mountain Lions encroaching in ever increasing numbers into the residential areas in LA and San Diego causing real concerns for residents. They steal pets and have even attacked joggers and trail hikers. People with little children have to be ever vigilant. Over development and over population in their mountain/hill areas and the fires around these areas are forcing the poor animals into the valleys and people habitats. They are all over the place sneaking around at night foraging/hunting.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
here is the same...we have foxes ,wild boars and deer coming near of us...they have less fear each time...lately they have really no fear. Wolves are near too since a few of time and they killed dogs and sheeps in the near mountains.

Carey

Extraordinary
here is the same...we have foxes ,wild boars and deer coming near of us...they have less fear each time...lately they have really no fear. Wolves are near too since a few of time and they killed dogs and sheeps in the near mountains.
remember the golden rule, always walk with some one that runs slower then you do and that last kiss good bye is highly over rated...lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, when I was living in Arizona, there was a period of 3 years drought, which forced some of the wild life from the mountains to trail down into the cities in search of water. I remember a black bear and her baby ended up on top of a tree in downtown Phoenix. Poor things.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Bear lives here. We see it occasionally. But I live out in the woods. Bears are expected here. Along with mountain lions (one last summer...which I didn't see but heard about by someone who did see it), coyote packs (in yard yesterday), the occasional wolf, etc.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh I used to see coyotes, red foxes, grey wolves, jack rabbits, squirrels, moles, boars, and wild deer all over Arizona, as well as the infamous roadrunner, and also some occasional quail families interrupting the traffic as they cross the roads on their own pace. American bald eagles are hard to see, but we can occasionally hear their cry somewhere in the skies near the place I've lived. There are also rattlesnakes, but they are very shy creatures and do their best to stay out of sight.

Coyotes occasionally show up to snatch small pets if people are not careful. I was usually not afraid of them, unless they come in packs. Shop owners had to keep their dumpsters locked up, or else coyotes could make a mess. As opposed to coyotes, grey wolves are very shy and hard to see. I have never seen one in the city, but I did see a red fox once - the cutest thing. As a curiosity, in Japanese folklore, foxes and raccoons are considered magical beings, and bringers of good luck. You will commonly find raccoon statues near shop doors in Japan.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Apparently in the UK we get wild boar, I've never seen one though. I have seen an adder, that's probably one of the most dangerous wild animals here, at least on land, but unless you startle one it's more likely to get out of your way than to bite. The inhabitants here killed off all the large predators centuries ago. Plenty of foxes here though. The biggest I've seen was an urban dog fox which strolled across the path in front of me about ten feet away (when I was walking the dog, no less- and the dog was a bullmastiff). Bold as you please in broad daylight! The vixens used to bring their cubs out to play at night on a patch of grass right in the middle of the housing estate, I could watch them from the bedroom window.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It seems like foxes are less shy than other animals, because the one I saw (in Arizona) showed up in broad daylight at a Walmart parking lot. It was at the outskirts of a small town, but a populated area nonetheless. It stared at me for a short while, then lost interest and strolled away. Looks like it didn't care much for human presence. I am surprised I didn't see more red foxes in all those years, but again, I am not an outdoor person. ;p

Hornet3d

Wise
Apparently in the UK we get wild boar, I've never seen one though. I have seen an adder, that's probably one of the most dangerous wild animals here, at least on land, but unless you startle one it's more likely to get out of your way than to bite. The inhabitants here killed off all the large predators centuries ago. Plenty of foxes here though. The biggest I've seen was an urban dog fox which strolled across the path in front of me about ten feet away (when I was walking the dog, no less- and the dog was a bullmastiff). Bold as you please in broad daylight! The vixens used to bring their cubs out to play at night on a patch of grass right in the middle of the housing estate, I could watch them from the bedroom window.

There are reports of wild boar in the New Forest and a few other places close to where I live. Not seen one personally but local news reports have filmed them more than once. Lots of urban foxes in our neighbourhood but it was farmland so I guess we have invaded their territory. We see them on at least a weekly basis and they do not seem phased by the presence of a human close by.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
There are reports of wild boar in the New Forest and a few other places close to where I live. Not seen one personally but local news reports have filmed them more than once.

I said I'd never seen them, but strictly speaking I've never seen them in the wild. I did go to a place that kept a couple as domestic livestock. They were apparently very useful as plows: leave them in a field for a couple of months and the ground would be turned over into plantable tilth with all the weeds and roots grubbed up and eaten. And now I'll stop because I don't want to hijack the thread!

eclark1894

Visionary
Apparently in the UK we get wild boar, I've never seen one though. I have seen an adder, that's probably one of the most dangerous wild animals here, at least on land, but unless you startle one it's more likely to get out of your way than to bite.

A "Black" Adder??:sneaky:

Carey

Extraordinary
I live less then a mile from down town and often go out for midnight strolls in my electric wheel chair. One night I came across a coyote down by the park. He saw me and sat down by the curb to watch the curious sight of me and my talking parrot quietly conversing with one another as we rolled along in the bike lane. Now I know coyotes don't have pockets and don't carry smart phones, but it was plain to see that had he had one I would have been sent straight to the forest creatures version of face book...lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I live less then a mile from down town and often go out for midnight strolls in my electric wheel chair. One night I came across a coyote down by the park. He saw me and sat down by the curb to watch the curious sight of me and my talking parrot quietly conversing with one another as we rolled along in the bike lane. Now I know coyotes don't have pockets and don't carry smart phones, but it was plain to see that had he had one I would have been sent straight to the forest creatures version of face book...lol

You have entertained a coyote! LOL

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
I live in a city of 3.5 million. Downtown. Coyotes carry of at least 3 or 4 small pets a year and bite at least 2 or 3 kids a year within a few blocks of where I live. Black bears show up in the news a few times a summer being trapped in a tree in someone's backyard tree or swimming in their pool. I see red foxes on a regular basis and some off leash dog parks have warning signs that your little toy puppy makes a nice light snack for the local fauna.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have only ONE question - WHY can't we PET them?????? I don't care for the coyotes, but foxes and bears are so damn cute! I saw on YouTube that some people have foxes as domestic pets. How do they do that?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL I definitely diverted my thread:)

That said, our beautiful bobcat made another appearance (we got a trail cam for xmas and this is a still from the video footage we got...)

Bobcat.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Great story Carey! Love it!