• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You can also look at the Update thread here, Dak.

Product Updates - Main Notification

When I update products, I do 3 things there:

1-make a new post which tells what's changed in that version
2-update the first post in that thread to list the most current update
3-post in the numbered thread in that forum for that sku, where it will show ALL updates.

I also update the product page, as Laurie said, to indicate Render Engines supported.

Page 3 of that thread I linked above has 3 posts with the changes to various Horse products.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
You can also look at the Update thread here, Dak.

Product Updates - Main Notification

When I update products, I do 3 things there:

1-make a new post which tells what's changed in that version
2-update the first post in that thread to list the most current update
3-post in the numbered thread in that forum for that sku, where it will show ALL updates.

I also update the product page, as Laurie said, to indicate Render Engines supported.

Page 3 of that thread I linked above has 3 posts with the changes to various Horse products.
That's awesome! Thank you!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's still nice of you to share them for free! I have the full version of LAMH but my computer doesn't like it, I can use presets others have made fine, just crashes on me if I try and make one (I don't think my comp is gutsy enough or I don't have enough memory, or both :p)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Beautiful!
I love how well you texture, hoping to get as good as you. :)

I need to get a good 24 pxl camera and capture some shorts of these strays around here.
And some of the horses on farms around here.
There are so many different colors on the horses and I'm sure the farmers would let me get pictures.
Actually I'd have to let my daughter do it as I can't get out much now.
My animal library is sadly lacking.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's still nice of you to share them for free! I have the full version of LAMH but my computer doesn't like it, I can use presets others have made fine, just crashes on me if I try and make one (I don't think my comp is gutsy enough or I don't have enough memory, or both :p)

I've got it in my wish list at DAZ but too many medical bills hitting me.
I'm hoping to get it before I reach age 80...lol.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Beautiful!
I love how well you texture, hoping to get as good as you. :)

I need to get a good 24 pxl camera and capture some shorts of these strays around here.
And some of the horses on farms around here.
There are so many different colors on the horses and I'm sure the farmers would let me get pictures.
Actually I'd have to let my daughter do it as I can't get out much now.
My animal library is sadly lacking.

Thanks FL!

Hard to believe, but it's been 12 years now since I tried making my first Mil Horse coat. It was a total disaster:) Finally in 2008 I started to get the hang of it. The warp tool in PS was a HUGE help. LOL ask our Lyne - I called and emailed her several times in total frustration- that is how we met back then:)

For many years I just used my 2005 Canon Power Shot A610 5 MP. It has a very good Leica lens and the ability to shoot macro and manually. Most of my Mil Horse coats were done using that. Then in May 2014 I finally treated myself to a Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP DSLR and I love it. All I make now is done using that camera and for horses I mostly use the telephoto (75-300mm) lens that came with the kit, and the regular 35 mm lens for cats etc and finer details.

The big key to getting good texture photos is trying to find an area to shoot that has the flattest lighting possible. I prefer to use natural light as much as possible as flash shots tend to distort the details of fur etc in a way I don't like.

Edited to add: Honestly the quality of the camera lens is more important than the amount of MPs. Def one wants at least 5-10 MP in this day and age though.

Last edited: