• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ok so big LOL- this is the weirdest reuse of my artwork I've ever seen:)

My now seriously viral "War Pony"...totally illegal of course.. but.. it is what is...

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.26.00 AM.png

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So wow- turns out that unicorn image on John Oliver was a shutterstock stock illus done by none other than Elle Arden! LOL small world- I def know she used my Mane N Tail products:)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Your art is so good CW, I'm not surprised it's stolen a lot. I would take it as a HUGE compliment. At least the tattoo link gave you credit.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Frustrating as it may be the internet is a double edged sword. Despite wishing I had access to the internet 20+ years ago when I had my studio and going door to door dragging my portfolios to art directors and marketing people hoping for a bone to pay my way through life, there is a high price for using it and that is THEFT! I have seen many of my pieces on other sites and asked to have them removed. some do but just as many do NOT and I can about see the finger with their lack of response. I guess it becomes something you just have to get used to so I keep in mind something I read somewhere that if someone is copying your work or lifting it take it as a form of flattery from talent-less wannabe's. It would just be nice if they credited me or didn't in many cases remove y signature from the front of the artwork!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Your art is so good CW, I'm not surprised it's stolen a lot. I would take it as a HUGE compliment. At least the tattoo link gave you credit.

Thanks Janet! It is a blessing and a curse....The downside are all the thefts by those actually selling my stuff illegally everywhere from Amazon to Etsy and Ebay. Those I do go after/send DMCAs to the offending sellers. But wow I waste hours of my time doing that. The upside of my stuff gong viral on the net is that I would never had gotten all my licensing contracts at Bradford and etc if my work hadn't been out there on the net/I would not have been "discovered". So yeah def a two-edged blade like Carmen says. And LOL yes I often have seen my work out there with my signature photoshopped out etc. Basically at this point I mainly go after those selling my stuff illegally. It would be the job of a lifetime to get it all removed. And I use big ugly watermarks on my newer works that get posted on the net that I care about being stolen. People grump about that but I don't care. I need to stop the bleeding. This IS how I make my living.

At least these days with all my art being digital I don't have to worry like I did when I was younger- I had several actual paintings etc physically stolen back then, never to be seen again. That truly makes me sad.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
For those asking: Yes I will be updating all remaining older CWRW & CWRW/HW textures for Harry to Iray and Superfly. I am aiming to get these done this year/sooner rather than later ideally:) I've done a lot of updating work on them already/just need to finish them up/get past a few little "stuck points".

Sets to be updated still are: (and likely order of release, given where I am on updating them at this point)
Ultra 2
Ultra 1
Unicorn
Friesian
Rocking Horse

In the meantime, yes- Rae's suggestion is a good one: "for the ones that haven't been updated is to use an updated coat closest in colour to the one I want to use then swap out the diffuse texture of the Coat/Hooves/Inner Ear for the coat I want." I'll add- that is true of the manes, tails and fetlocks too- especially in Superfly. The Firefly MATs for Harry's hair parts REALLY don't work well in Superfly at all.

Western and Classic Tack- though both work pretty well in Iray and Superfly as is- the main thing I've done for my own renders is to swap out the metal mat zone to an iray or Superfly metal shader as desired. But yes they will be updated as well this year.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
For those asking: Yes I will be updating all remaining older CWRW & CWRW/HW textures for Harry to Iray and Superfly. I am aiming to get these done this year/sooner rather than later ideally:) I've done a lot of updating work on them already/just need to finish them up/get past a few little "stuck points".

Sets to be updated still are: (and likely order of release, given where I am on updating them at this point)
Ultra 2
Ultra 1
Unicorn
Friesian
Rocking Horse

In the meantime, yes- Rae's suggestion is a good one: "for the ones that haven't been updated is to use an updated coat closest in colour to the one I want to use then swap out the diffuse texture of the Coat/Hooves/Inner Ear for the coat I want." I'll add- that is true of the manes, tails and fetlocks too- especially in Superfly. The Firefly MATs for Harry's hair parts REALLY don't work well in Superfly at all.

Western and Classic Tack- though both work pretty well in Iray and Superfly as is- the main thing I've done for my own renders is to swap out the metal mat zone to an iray or Superfly metal shader as desired. But yes they will be updated as well this year.
Is there a list somewhere of which ones HAVE been updated that I've missed?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Any CWRW or CWRW/HW animal product NOT listed above, either originally came with, or is updated to include Poser Firefly and Superfly, DS Iray and 3Delight.

My 3 Dusk characters are all current/updated as needed: Rodrigo, Rodrigo Morph Set, Taka and Dante.

My Dusk clothing products - some are, some aren't. Most work fine in SF or Iray. The cowboy boots and add on texture set are the big ones that need updating to SF ad Iray. Not sure when I will get to those.

All of my products/HW products do say on their product pages if they include SF and Iray MATs etc. So if in doubt, check the particular product page here. If Iray or SF MATs are not mentioned in the product description, then those products have not been updated yet.