• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise complete site overhaul announced!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Funny thing is, my second degree is in Computer Information Systems and Programming, but I was so into 2D graphics by then, I decided to combine both and steered my programming knowledge toward languages needed for web site design (2D Graphics) and development (Programming).

Even though I enjoyed my classes, I thought programming computer apps would be boring, and take too long to see the finished project, especially if you're only one person on a large team. At least with web design and development, I could work freelance, and on my own. That way I could argue with myself, and still win the argument. ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Now that you've mentioned it - it really looks like Dawn on the announcement ad. Is it her??

Well, I have been there for over a decade! ^__^

Awesome! :D

They seem to be referring to a complete site overhaul, not bug fixing if I got this right. CP has been using decade old code to run that place, and some features have already stopped working. It wasn't a few weeks ago when I was commenting how neglected CP has been since SMS took over. The new store is GREAT news for Poser users at this point, when we have already lost RDNA and Yurdigital. And if Dawn is featured at the cover ad, even BETTER! ^_____^

I have a product for Dawn there, the "China Blaze" outfit. :)
Except for a handful of vendors there a lot of the stuff is way long in the tooth and/or not so well made. Unless,they get some more quality products in their store to attract more modern users used to it,might as well just let,it languish. In the past the few items I ventured to purchase left a lot to be desired....animals for instance have been worse,than some of the animals,that came with.Poser 4 let alone anything sold here or at DAZ.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In good part that's because SMS took these many years until they finally decided to assume control of CP. It has been visibly neglected until now, so it's only natural that most of the contents are old stuff. If SMS showed no interest in CP, why would vendors be enthusiastic there? Maybe now things can change. I will be optimistic.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The clincher for me will be the nickle and diming of our purchases. If they still want to charge fees for "extended download" lengths, leaving one to pay again for an item they already bought, then it won't matter to me how nice the store looks, or how good the products are, I will continue to boycott it's store.

It doesn't matter to me if expiring downloads is the norm for the software markets. It is not the industry standard in 3D/Poser/Daz, and I will nit pay twice for the same product. Nor will I do business with a Poser/Daz company who operates that way.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's my main nitpick as well Seliah. I've always hated that extra charge, when no other 3D marketplace does that. Here's hoping they've heard us loud and clear, and finally do away with that option.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Let's not forget that the current CP still adds the extended download to your cart without our permission. That is still happening at CP right now. But the new store might be different. We will have to wait until Friday to find out.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well done James! Still very much a work in progress as far as I can gather but welcome news. When I first started with Poser, like others, CP became my first stop which soon became an 'avoid at all costs' sort of place as it deteriorated. I'll be more than happy to revise that opinion and look forward to the new, revamped CP with anticipation.

I had the same experience, back in the day when CP was just another tab within Poser and you could download straight to you 'Download' runtime.

Hornet3d

Wise
That's my Dawn render on the right. Rafael Torres asked me if he could use it a couple of months ago "on their Content Paradise site". I was surprised when she appeared where she did!

Very well deserved recognition James, also shows Rafael appreciates class when he sees it.

Hornet3d

Wise
I hope the revamp really works not only because it would be good to see CP relevant again it could also keep the competition on their toes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Let's not forget that the current CP still adds the extended download to your cart without our permission. That is still happening at CP right now. But the new store might be different. We will have to wait until Friday to find out.
All too true, but I consider this all part of the same nitpick. If they stop charging for re-downloading our purchases, then they won't have the charge automatically show up in our carts. Well, that's the way it SHOULD work, but as you say, we will have to wait until Friday to find out.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Not likely. I don't think CP kept a record of who bought what, and frankly someone would have to go though those records and key them in. I just don't see that happening.

I remember last time CP was restructured, they warned people that purchase history could be kind of lost, so I don't think they know NOW who bought what, unless you pay extra for them to "remember". One more reason to revamp the whole thing.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
yea, that extra for "extended download" is just a total rip off. I mean they have the files on their servers already and you have your download link so they rip you off by having you pay to access the file that you paid for already? It's not even a physical product. I really hope they let that go. ANOTHER reason why I stopped shopping there. :mad:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I believe most corporations do that. For example, Corel, Magix, and Ashampoo charge for extended downloads, so it's not something unique to SMS. One may say that it's not usual for Poser/DS content stores, but SMS was already a software retailer before they acquired Poser, and they sell many other softwares. I suppose that's how this came to be at CP.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ken, I understand what you're saying. But if they want to play in the Poser/Daz market, they need to follow the same rules.

I will not pay twice for the same product. I will not pay an extortion fee to have my download link valid "a little longer." And I will not do business with any company who operates this way.

3D content is not software. It is not full stsndalone programs. There is no good reason that SM should magically get a free pass on this.

I wi not do my Poser/Daz business with a company that operates their store like SM/CP does. Period, end of story. This is exactly the reason I left CP as a vendor, too. I refuse to help them nickle and dime customers.

If the small independently owned shops can keep our product links viable for the life of the shop without charging us extra fees to do so, then so can the much more advantaged SM/CP.