• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise complete site overhaul announced!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I've got an email from SMS last night announcing the complete overhaul of their CP store. I am not sure when they will release the new store version, but I was thinking that might be an opportunity to expand the HW figures horizons. I know we have tried in the past and they had some odd ideas on how to make a partnership, or how to sell HW products, but that was also a time when the CP store had been neglected for years. Apparently things have changed, so wouldn't this be a new opportunity?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yap join the club !! Not sure what all is in store, but shrug . Any kind of overhaul is good, and I have never purchased anything from there, but it's rather hard to navigate the site. Isn't that Dawn in the announcement image? It sure looks like her and the hunting leathers.

Aelin

Eager
Yap join the club !! Not sure what all is in store, but shrug . Any kind of overhaul is good, and I have never purchased anything from there, but it's rather hard to navigate the site. Isn't that Dawn in the announcement image? It sure looks like her and the hunting leathers.
Comparing with what I know from The Hunter outfit, yes you're probably right NPA.

I think it's this year that CP has started to change a bit the way to navigate. Before, when I opened a new tab, it was like if I was diconnected and I needed to enter again my IDs. Now, it seems I have no more this problem.

Hivewire already has a presence in the store.
Indeed, but when I follow Hivewire3D there, I see 0 products. Maybe for sooner?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Isn't that Dawn in the announcement image? It sure looks like her and the hunting leathers.

Now that you've mentioned it - it really looks like Dawn on the announcement ad. Is it her??

Hivewire already has a presence in the store.

Well, I have been there for over a decade! ^__^

Awesome! :D

I think it's this year that CP has started to change a bit the way to navigate. Before, when I opened a new tab, it was like if I was diconnected and I needed to enter again my IDs. Now, it seems I have no more this problem.

They seem to be referring to a complete site overhaul, not bug fixing if I got this right. CP has been using decade old code to run that place, and some features have already stopped working. It wasn't a few weeks ago when I was commenting how neglected CP has been since SMS took over. The new store is GREAT news for Poser users at this point, when we have already lost RDNA and Yurdigital. And if Dawn is featured at the cover ad, even BETTER! ^_____^

I have a product for Dawn there, the "China Blaze" outfit. :)

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Comparing with what I know from The Hunter outfit, yes you're probably right NPA.

Yes, I would get that issues as well.

Aelin

Eager
They seem to be referring to a complete site overhaul, not bug fixing if I got this right. CP has been using decade old code to run that place, and some features have already stopped working. It wasn't a few weeks ago when I was commenting how neglected CP has been since SMS took over. The new store is GREAT news for Poser users at this point, when we have already lost RDNA and PoserWorld. And if Dawn is featured at the cover ad, even BETTER! ^_____^
Yes I know, but I think they started by fixing the bug earlier in the year.
Now they are able to do better for site in general.

I hope indeed CP will restart in the good way, because it's a good thing for Poser users. And also for some other formats.
We'll see exactly what they want to do at the end, but a better site gives more envy to know Poser, and all other programs by Smith Micro I guess. Like a virtual window.

We lost RDNA and Yurdigital (I knew only by name PoserWorld). Time for CP to take more place.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Time for CP to take more place.

Definitely - we have been discussing how neglected CP has been since SMS took over. I understand they had no interest on running another store, since their business is already a store - but for software and not contents. This is a great change of attitude, and it took them these many years to take the decision. Not sure if it's a coincidence, but this is just a few months after SMS has rebooted the entire Poser team, and moved the Poser office to Europe.

Poser world is still around baked potato and all. It's good to see another poser site! I bought a cat figure there years ago.

Oops, that's what I get for taking 2nd hand information and not checking it. Like Aelin said, we already lost RDNA and Yurdigital, so the rebirth of CP from the ashes is definitely good news for Poser users. I still remember when I used to sell a lot there.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Here's the image they used in the official email announcement. Note Dawn on the bottom right, and also on the site header banner. Our wishes have come true - Dawn is getting the spotlight at the new CP store, assuming this is what it will look like when it opens. Some people were concerned that some other figure might get the spot (*cough*PE*cough*), but looks like Dawn was the figure they decided to feature. Wise decision!

CP.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Some people were concerned that some other figure might get the spot (*cough*PE*cough*)
If you're referring to the figure I think you're referring to, she's not ready to hit a store yet. I also don't think CP will be the creator's first choice of store, but I could be wrong about that. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, and the image in my email was the one with Dawn. Hmmmm, why would they send different images to their members?

quietrob

Extraordinary
If you're referring to the figure I think you're referring to, she's not ready to hit a store yet. I also don't think CP will be the creator's first choice of store, but I could be wrong about that. ;)
Not yet but this is a good start. I'm a Poser fan but I readily admit that DAZ's presentations of products is second to none. It MAKES you want to buy that content. If it wasn't for their other choices (Buy something I don't want to get a discount on something I do want) I'd still be visiting them daily as I used to do. I had no idea that some of the artists here had products there.

Now if they change their policy toward content already bought to the same as DAZ, Renderosity, Hivewire3d, and others, that would be great too!