• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise complete site overhaul announced!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes Janet, they changed their name to Aeon Soul, and have a store over at DAZ. I don't know if they have any stores anywhere else.

Miss B

CV-BEE
... And case made.:sneaky:
Aery Soul closed their own personal store years ago, and changed their name at the time because one of the the team left and, I think, another joined. I don't recall the actual details, but they haven't been Aery Soul in a very long time.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wasn't Aery Soul their first name then they went with Alpha Seed for a while?

eclark1894

Visionary
My point Miss B is that they built a name brand under one name, then, for whatever reason, they changed names. There are people now who didn't know they had changed names, didn't know they were operating under a new name or thought that they were no longer making content. In any case, those are potential lost sales for them.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Aery Soul, Awful Soul, Alpha Seed, Aeon Soul, they have had many names, but people have no problem recognizing them. Their brand is easily recognizable.

That someone didn't see that Tempesta3D and Tempestart were the same vendor frankly baffles me, that should be obvious. If it had been Tempesta3D and OverTheHill, I would have understood. But I guess that's just me..

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, I totally forgot about Alpha Seed. Awful Soul I don't remember, but the others I do, and yes, like Tempesta, and a lot of other vendors I'm familiar with, their style of products and promos are very recognizable, so I know who the vendors are without having to look at the names.

Of course, a lot of folks haven't been in the 3D universe for a long time, for one reason or another, so someone might mention Aeon Soul and they'll shrug and say "Who?????" simply because they remember them as Aery Soul, or they're brand new to 3D graphics and won't know who Aery Soul or Alpha Seed were, or that they're all basically the same group who just changed their vendor name for whatever reason.

As far as losing sales, I'm sure vendors who change their names go out of their way to make sure folks know who they are, or introduce themselves to the new folks who didn't know them before. If they don't, then losing sales is their problem.

As far as CP not combing both of Tempesta's stores into one, that may be on their To-Do list, but hasn't been done yet.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From what I remember, Aery Soul announced they were no longer making/selling content. It was much later I discovered they'd just changed names ... and that this was a common thing with them. I don't recall ever seeing a post or information from them regarding vendor name changes. It was posts from customers who knew or found out about the name change. I'm not terribly connected to the 3D rumor mill :wink:

I did stop buying their content, though it was a combination of factors rather than just that I "lost" them.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
From what I remember, Aery Soul announced they were no longer making/selling content.

That's what I remember reading too. That's why I had to ask where they were now. I love their work but I'd rather just use plain old clothes.

Willowisp

Adventurous
They also announced that they were leaving Deviantart for good, only to reappear a couple of weeks later. They are known for changing their minds quite frequently. I guess that is a sign of the true artist :p

quietrob

Extraordinary
It's been their modus operandi for some time. Announce they are leaving forever, then come back albeit with a different name. Limited releases. When they leave, they take everything with them and burn the copies. No past releases. I used to buy their releases until they went DAZ only. Joining the G3 and now G8 train. When she (?) starts making for Poser again, I'll consider buying her work.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have just purchased Tempesta's Monique character at CP. It's the only of her Dawn characters from CP that is not available here. Such a pity there are many more at RO that cannot be sold elsewhere because of exclusivity deals. Tempesta has many more Dawn characters at RO that are not available here.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Here at HW, exclusive does equate to a better sales percentage.

I would say a MUCH better sales percentage, to the point where it's not even worth selling the product otherwise. That's why all the products I sell here are exclusive.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So, I just finally got a chance to look the new website design over. Yup. The site overhaul looks nice. I'm actually very impressed with the overall look and feel that they've done. I hope it does well for those of you who sell there, and it's great that they're advertising some of the HW content now, too.

That said, they are still charging an extra fee for "extended" download. Yes, I do make backup copies, but I will bow out for reasons already discussed many pages ago. Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick to my usual 3D stores. Like HW. ;)