• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise complete site overhaul announced!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know Miss B, on my journeys through the seedy underbelly of Poser Contentland, There are a couple of advanced option library managers you might be interested in. Now I've never used them, so all I can do is point you to them if you like.
Sure, if you don't want to put the links here on the forum, PM them to me. I'd be interested in seeing them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Did you know you can drag and drop Poser contents with Windows' File Explorer? I do that a lot because it's more convenient when creating new contents. If the runtime you are dragging from is registered as an external runtime in Poser, you can drag contents directly from File Explorer.
Ohhhhh, now that might work for P9. I'll have to try that out.

What I like about my PP11 External Library is, all I need to do is double-click the item in my browser, and it loads in the scene just as if the Library were right there in Poser, and it brings Poser back into view, so you don't have to do it manually. I think there's a key combo you can use to go from one to the other, and back again, but I don't remember off-hand what it is.

Edited to Add: I just found my notes, and the key combo for switching back and forth between Poser 11 and an External Library in your browser is Alt + Tab.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sure, if you don't want to put the links here on the forum, PM them to me. I'd be interested in seeing them.

If you are referring to Shaderworks "Advanced Library Manager 2", it seems to be incompatible with Poser 11. Nearly all of Shaderworks plugins for Poser conflict with Poser 11.

What I like about my PP11 External Library is, all I need to do is double-click the item in my browser, and it loads in the scene just as if the Library were right there in Poser, and it brings Poser back into view, so you don't have to do it manually.

Double-clicking items in Windows will only open them in Poser if the file extension is associate with Poser. If they are, they can be opened directly into Poser from anywhere in Windows.

Miss B

CV-BEE
At least on the vendor tools, the interface doesn't show correctly unless I switch to IE. I have tried with Edge and Firefox, and it shows incorrectly. It has always been like this, and I have notified SMS at least once about that.
Then maybe it's the vendor interface that has something that needs IE because, even though it's been years since I've purchased anything from CP (other than P7 in 2011, and P9 in 2013), I never had a problem purchasing stuff from them (mostly freebies) years ago with my Firefox.

Miss B

CV-BEE
But CP does have my history all the way back to my first order from them in 2009.
Yes my History goes back to 2009 as well, but all the items I purchased before SM took over Poser are gone. Once upon a time they had a separate link to "archived" purchases for a while, but they did away with that as well.

If you are referring to Shaderworks "Advanced Library Manager 2", it seems to be incompatible with Poser 11. Nearly all of Shaderworks plugins for Poser conflict with Poser 11.
I had heard that as well, though I don't know that I have any Shaderworks plugins in any case, unless they're part of Poser's "Partners" scripts.

Double-clicking items in Windows will only open them in Poser if the file extension is associate with Poser. If they are, they can be opened directly into Poser from anywhere in Windows.
An interesting tidbit. I'll have to keep that in mind. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes my History goes back to 2009 as well, but all the items I purchased before SM took over Poser are gone. Once upon a time they had a separate link to "archived" purchases for a while, but they did away with that as well.
That was back when EFStar and Ratscloset, aka JohnCsaky were at CP. SHE left a while ago. Last I heard from John he was answering Tech support questions. Although i do believe he posted once or twice on the SM Forum.

Just checked the users list. Seems he was last online there about three days ago.

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Oh, OK, yes that is probably considered an External Library, but what I'm talking about is viewing the Library from totally outside of Poser which, I don't believe, has ever been available until now.
So sorry to ask. But how do you do that? I can't find any reference to doing this in the Poser Manual.

quietrob

Extraordinary
There was for a long time an incentive on spending. I can not remember the exact amount.
One thing I like about the new rewards over at Renderosity is that now your purchases carry over and accumulate. Spending a hundred dollars to get rewards every month can be frustrating. But now it accumulates and can be transferred to a gift certificate every 500 points. While I might not make the 500 points every month, every upload of art or content also contribute to this amount.

Miss B

CV-BEE
So sorry to ask. But how do you do that? I can't find any reference to doing this in the Poser Manual.
OK, Joe/Netherworks had posted a method on the old RDNA forums before it disappeared, and English Bob quoted it here on our forums at the following post:

Trying to get up to speed in P11

Also check out Seachnasaigh's comment right after it. I have the link set up in a handy place in my Firefox bookmarks, and it works great.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Then maybe it's the vendor interface that has something that needs IE because, even though it's been years since I've purchased anything from CP (other than P7 in 2011, and P9 in 2013), I never had a problem purchasing stuff from them (mostly freebies) years ago with my Firefox.

Yes, it might be only at he backend at CP.

I had heard that as well, though I don't know that I have any Shaderworks plugins in any case, unless they're part of Poser's "Partners" scripts.

Shaderworks has "retired" after the RDNA sellout, so his plugins are no longer updated. I use many of them, but they now fight Poser 11 changes after SR4. Either Poser won't start, or won't close, or crash when doing something with them. It still works, but at the cost of Poser 11 stability.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Shaderworks has "retired" after the RDNA sellout, so his plugins are no longer updated. I use many of them, but they now fight Poser 11 changes after SR4. Either Poser won't start, or won't close, or crash when doing something with them. It still works, but at the cost of Poser 11 stability.
Yes, that's what I had heard, and everyone was wondering why, as only one of his free scripts is over at DAZ.

quietrob

Extraordinary
OK, Joe/Netherworks had posted a method on the old RDNA forums before it disappeared, and English Bob quoted it here on our forums at the following post:

Trying to get up to speed in P11

Also check out Seachnasaigh's comment right after it. I have the link set up in a handy place in my Firefox bookmarks, and it works great.
Thank you, Miss B. A google search only got me a discussion at S&M that quickly disintegrated without my question being answered. I'll check it out right after I finish my chili dog dinner.

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
I remember it; so it was always been there. But my last purchase there was in 2014. I had a few months were I got cashback.

Thanks for the information, like you it has been a while since I have purchased there and the last couple of times it was below the $25 mark