• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise complete site overhaul announced!

James R.

Busy Bee
I don't like that the fee is added automatically...that's akin to what cable TV companies up here in Canada got busted for doing a decade or more ago.

They called it "Negative Option Billing" -- where you are billed for all the optional channels and if you didn't want them, the onus was on you to call the company and tell them, "Hey I didn't ask for The Underwater Competitive Lamp Rewiring Channel!"

The difference here is that at CP the fee is optional and you're not being charged that fee unless you don't un-check the box for the fee. So it's kind of... "Semi Negative Option Annoying Billing Kinda"... or something... o_O

- - - - - - -

I also get the sense, like others have mentioned, that the CP crew is kind of a small team. I really don't think it has a specifically dedicated staff.

So maybe this is partly why I'm so impressed that they've done what they've done with the store in relatively short order, when the "previous administration" couldn't be bothered to do anything for years.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
when the "previous administration" couldn't be bothered to do anything for years.

Hehe that's probably because the previous admins were programmers who weren't being paid to be web masters, but had to do that anyway. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can't tell. The new Poser team has moved to Europe, and it's still understaffed. I think they are still hiring programmers, and I believe most of them don't know Poser good enough just yet. This is going to take some time to settle. At least at this point, throwing a web store on their backs could be too much.

James R.

Busy Bee
I can't tell. The new Poser team has moved to Europe, and it's still understaffed. I think they are still hiring programmers, and I believe most of them don't know Poser good enough just yet. This is going to take some time to settle. At least at this point, throwing a web store on their backs could be too much.

Don't panic. For all any of us knows, it could have just as well been put together by SMSI marketing in Pittsburgh.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am having difficulty signing in. Maybe it is just my computer being stupid. But I am also watching panthers though it is an ad but the ad break is over!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This is going to take some time to settle. At least at this point, throwing a web store on their backs could be too much.
I think that's the problem, as has been mentioned before, the team programming for Poser, isn't necessarily the team programming for the store. Well, at the very least it shouldn't be the same team, as software scripting is NOTHING like setting up an eCommerce site.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You mean the new store is only designed to work with IE? Well that let's me out, as I haven't used IE since version 4 came out.

Hornet3d

Wise
I can log in and go to my account but I can't check on downloads as I have never purchased any.

I did notice the monthly cashback of $1 for every $25 spent each month, has that always been there or is it new?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You mean the new store is only designed to work with IE? Well that let's me out, as I haven't used IE since version 4 came out.

At least on the vendor tools, the interface doesn't show correctly unless I switch to IE. I have tried with Edge and Firefox, and it shows incorrectly. It has always been like this, and I have notified SMS at least once about that. Even Poser itself requires IE to be installed to work properly, especially now that the library uses HTML5.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Even Poser itself requires IE to be installed to work properly, especially now that the library uses HTML5.
Yes, but I shut down IE back when version 11 first came out, as it really messed up my P9 Library. SM did come out with a fix not long afterwards, but I had already gone to Microsoft's Wiki and found out how to do it. It's still there somewhere, but it's no longer usable as a browser. IOW I, and anyone else using this laptop, CANNOT find it to load it up, which is fine by me.

Now with PP11 having the External Library option, I view my PP11 Library in my Firefox browser, and like it sooooo much better. I wish I could do that with P9, but External Library is a new option, or at least newer than P9. Not sure if it was available for P10/PP2014.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I wish I could do that with P9, but External Library is a new option

Did you know you can drag and drop Poser contents with Windows' File Explorer? I do that a lot because it's more convenient when creating new contents. If the runtime you are dragging from is registered as an external runtime in Poser, you can drag contents directly from File Explorer.

James R.

Busy Bee
Yes, but I shut down IE back when version 11 first came out, as it really messed up my P9 Library. SM did come out with a fix not long afterwards, but I had already gone to Microsoft's Wiki and found out how to do it. It's still there somewhere, but it's no longer usable as a browser. IOW I, and anyone else using this laptop, CANNOT find it to load it up, which is fine by me.

Now with PP11 having the External Library option, I view my PP11 Library in my Firefox browser, and like it sooooo much better. I wish I could do that with P9, but External Library is a new option, or at least newer than P9. Not sure if it was available for P10/PP2014.

I use the Poser External Library on macOS with Safari. It also works with Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Works a treat.

James R.

Busy Bee
I can log in and go to my account but I can't check on downloads as I have never purchased any.

I did notice the monthly cashback of $1 for every $25 spent each month, has that always been there or is it new?

I don't recall that cashback being there before, either, Mytho... but until yesterday morning I hadn't ordered anything from CP since 2016.

But CP does have my history all the way back to my first order from them in 2009.

eclark1894

Visionary

You know Miss B, on my journeys through the seedy underbelly of Poser Contentland, There are a couple of advanced option library managers you might be interested in. Now I've never used them, so all I can do is point you to them if you like.

eclark1894

Visionary
I just opened P9 today, which is still on my Mac. I was trying to find Blackhearted's Anastasia. So I could do a render. P9 has an external library. At least, it's called by an external script and appears in a separate window.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, OK, yes that is probably considered an External Library, but what I'm talking about is viewing the Library from totally outside of Poser which, I don't believe, has ever been available until now.

D

Deleted member 325

There was for a long time an incentive on spending. I can not remember the exact amount.