• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise complete site overhaul announced!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Also...I really like that CP are selling products for a variety of 3D software. Not just Poser, but also Vue, 3DS Max, Studio etc. etc.

Admittedly it weirded me out at first, since CP is SMSI and SMSI is Poser...so why would they sell competing products with Poser products?

But then I realized that more products in the shop potentially means a larger customer base, and more customers means more revenue... which means more development money for Poser, which is excellent!

Eh, that's the part I don't like. I hate wading through products I don't/won't/can't use. Hopefully, they'll give us the ability to sort for the products we can use, i.e., Poser only, Vue only, etc.

That's why I rarely bother going to DAZ in the past - wading through 19 pages of DS products to find one Poser product is not a productive use of my time. They have finally added a Poser only search feature.

James R.

Busy Bee
Eh, that's the part I don't like. I hate wading through products I don't/won't/can't use. Hopefully, they'll give us the ability to sort for the products we can use, i.e., Poser only, Vue only, etc.

That's why I rarely bother going to DAZ in the past - wading through 19 pages of DS products to find one Poser product is not a productive use of my time. They have finally added a Poser only search feature.

For now you could use Advanced Search. But maybe in the future they'll make it easier.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.44.12 AM.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Not sure why the left out the back and forward arrows for the larger previews. Seems like a dated thing to have to dismiss one pop up to activate another... click click click.... no thanks.

eclark1894

Visionary
Not sure why the left out the back and forward arrows for the larger previews. Seems like a dated thing to have to dismiss one pop up to activate another... click click click.... no thanks.
They want feedback, Richard. Go over to the SM Forum and give it to them.

eclark1894

Visionary
I was a vendor for the big RDNA shop upgrade. While it was a PITA to go back and change some of the product images for the store changes, it was worth the effort. The customer response to the new store was very positive. Vendors got a deadline to make changes and if you didn't your products simply got deleted from the catalog.

And that's the bottom line, right? The customer experience.
Maybe they should hire Syydd to run the site for them, as long as she doesn't sell it to DAZ.:sneaky:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
been Friday all day long here...... nothin' :confused:
That's because you're close to a full day ahead of us Stezza. Smith Micro's headquarters are located here in the US, so it's OUR Friday, Sept. 15th. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
For now you could use Advanced Search. But maybe in the future they'll make it easier.
Nice James, but . . . . where IS the Advanced Search??? I'm only seeing the general Search box at the top right. I don't see any link for an Advanced Search.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Maybe they should hire Syydd to run the site for them, as long as she doesn't sell it to DAZ.:sneaky:
Not likely, as Syyd doesn't work for DAZ anymore. She's only a PA in the DAZ3D store.

Besides, CP is part and parcel of Smith Micro, so it's NEVER going to be sold to DAZ. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I'm not seeing that. I'm only getting a popup for the main promo. When I click on the other promos, they just replace the main promo on the product page, NOT in the popup window.

I happen to prefer the popup window, IF it actually was the same size of the promo image and not a good deal bigger, AND with the right and left arrows to go through them, as other stores have them set up. Don't know if that will ever be updated, but that's what I'd like to see.

James R.

Busy Bee
Nice James, but . . . . where IS the Advanced Search??? I'm only seeing the general Search box at the top right. I don't see any link for an Advanced Search.

If you enter your term into the search box, then hit search, the resulting page gives you the option of Advanced Search.

It really ought to be available from the main page, though.

They weren't kidding when they said it is a work in progress... ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
If you enter your term into the search box, then hit search, the resulting page gives you the option of Advanced Search.

It really ought to be available from the main page, though.

They weren't kidding when they said it is a work in progress... ;)
Ohhhh, thanks. I didn't realize that was how you get to the Advanced Search, and yes, they should have a text link under the regular Search box so folks can choose it directly. Hmmmm, maybe a suggestion over at the SM Poser forum might get that in the works. ;)

The pop up window is annoying to me.
That's how all 3D stores I shop at work, THOUGH, I have to admit the better way is to have a plugin to just popup the promo images, rather than having an actual popup browser page you need to close manually. Renderosity has those as well when you download in their Freebies section, though in that case it's just advertisements, and not the links for the downloads.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Absolutely, HiveWire has a QAV team, and as Earl said, Alisa is the QAV bosslady.

HiveWire QAV is thorough, too.

That they are! :)

As with every store, primary responsibility for quality, consumer ready products falls to the vendor. But every other store, besides CP, has QA that products must pass as well.

Hivewire's is very thorough which can be confirmed by the fact that you see few posts saying "product x isn't behaving properly" by customers.

When you see customer's posting on forums and facebook, etc. about products that don't perform as advertised, that is a failure of QA to catch those issues before the products are posted for sale.

Alisa runs QA AND is in charge of the forum cornfield? That is one busy gal! I've been fortunate to help out with QA-ing a couple of products. That's two levels of QA and indeed it pays off with the quality of the product. Nothing is as frustrating as finding flaws AFTER you've paid your shekels.

Wait - we have a cornfield?????? :p

Yeah, busy gal indeed. Chris, Lisa, Paul & I all wear many different hats ;).

Thank you all for the compliments - we appreciate that! :). Usually the only time QAV is noticed by customers is when products are not working right.

Just FYI - there is a difference between Beta Testing and QAV. All vendors should have beta testers (we have our own team at HiveWire for all the HiveWire products, and it is a completely different group than QAV). QAV (Quality Control Verification) is something that is done after that, and needs to be done at the store level. We do a LOT behind the scenes at QAV, including verifying that everything does indeed work and look as expected, verifying file structure, making sure instructions are clear, correcting spelling and grammar, etc. We work in teams. Something else we do here, which is not the norm at other stores, is to look at products from a customer usability point of view and give feedback to our CAs on those things.

We're certainly not perfect, but I'm very proud of my team in that we don't miss too much! And when we do miss something, we pride ourselves on fixing it as soon as possible and updating the product.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Stores that specifically support Poser nowadays are few and sparse, so I support CP for the obvious reason that I want them to keep supporting Poser. I support SMS because they make the program I love. For once, DAZ has a long history of bad policies, but people still buy from them, making them the biggest content dealer, no matter what they do. CP has an extra fee that happens to be completely optional, and people want their head for it. It's perplexing.