• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise complete site overhaul announced!

quietrob

Extraordinary
Alisa runs QA AND is in charge of the forum cornfield? That is one busy gal! I've been fortunate to help out with QA-ing a couple of products. That's two levels of QA and indeed it pays off with the quality of the product. Nothing is as frustrating as finding flaws AFTER you've paid your shekels. As far as the products I've bought from CP. I haven't noticed any quality issues so I'm thinking the vendors that sold there do care about their creations. The other flaws with the website have been mentioned enough.

Tomorrow is Friday. Winter is coming.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Been Friday for less than three hours which means time to get off tablet and go back to doing what I am supposed to be doing at this time of the weeee morning.

raven

Admirable
I did see that, but I've never noticed this under it before. Does that mean it's free for over $10?

eds.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Well it is an improvement and a 25% sale on Poser and any order over 25% is not bad particularly as the prices seem very keen. Layout look fresh and a lot more appealing though there is little there that made me reach for my credit card but then I don't have Poser 11 and thus don't have Pauline and some of the stuff for her did look good.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
A little bit more testing seems to indicate the more you have the more the fee is under $10 you pay $1.68, over $10 you pay $3.68, over $25 the fee was $8.68.

James R.

Busy Bee
Everyone realizes that you're not forced to pay the extended download fee, right? No one puts you in a headlock or sticks a gun against your head and demands that you pay it.

You can ignore that fee, pay just for your item, download the shiny new product that you now own and then ...back it up to multiple devices yourself like you should be doing anyway because it's 2017, storage is cheap, and it is your responsibility to take care of your things just like they taught you in kindergarten.

I think the download fee is unnecessary. But perhaps if nothing else it's meant to encourage you to look after your own stuff?

Sorry to be grumpy about this, but if you're in constant fear of needing to download your purchased items, maybe your system of data storage needs to be reconsidered?

IMG_4195.JPG

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Everyone realizes that you're not forced to pay the extended download fee, right? No one puts you in a headlock or sticks a gun against your head and demands that you pay it.

You can ignore that fee, pay just for your item, download the shiny new product that you now own and then ...back it up to multiple devices yourself like you should be doing anyway because it's 2017, storage is cheap, and it is your responsibility to take care of your things just like they taught you in kindergarten.

I think the download fee is unnecessary. But perhaps if nothing else it's meant to encourage you to look after your own stuff?

Sorry to be grumpy about this, but if you're in constant fear of needing to download your purchased items, maybe your system of data storage needs to be reconsidered?

I do agree - just as no one is forcing me to shop there at all which is what I will continue to do.

James R.

Busy Bee
Well, this the first day. Hopefully that will change... along with a couple of other things.

Yep, I'd expect things to continue to evolve. I was told "it's a work in progress, but it's started and that's huge."

There are still issues, but IMHO it's already a big improvement over the previous design. Not a fan of those popup previews though...

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yep, I'd expect things to continue to evolve. I was told "it's a work in progress, but it's started and that's huge."

There are still issues, but IMHO it's already a big improvement over the previous design. Not a fan of those popup previews though...

I was a vendor for the big RDNA shop upgrade. While it was a PITA to go back and change some of the product images for the store changes, it was worth the effort. The customer response to the new store was very positive. Vendors got a deadline to make changes and if you didn't your products simply got deleted from the catalog.

And that's the bottom line, right? The customer experience.

James R.

Busy Bee
I was a vendor for the big RDNA shop upgrade. While it was a PITA to go back and change some of the product images for the store changes, it was worth the effort. The customer response to the new store was very positive. Vendors got a deadline to make changes and if you didn't your products simply got deleted from the catalog.

And that's the bottom line, right? The customer experience.

It is. I think the new design goes a long way towards a good customer experience, especially compared to the outdated and neglected old site.

James R.

Busy Bee
I love that I can actually see the items in the thumbnails now! (The popups are a holdover that I don't find too useful, though. They currently aren't much bigger than the tiles...and depending on the device I'm using, they get "stuck" and won't disappear. But I'm in touch with Marketing and letting them know these things.)

Overall though I'm feeling very positive about the redesign and am looking forward to seeing further development! I'm also looking forward to seeing vendors update their art to suit the new design. That will go a long way for both customers and the vendors.

Also...I really like that CP are selling products for a variety of 3D software. Not just Poser, but also Vue, 3DS Max, Studio etc. etc.

Admittedly it weirded me out at first, since CP is SMSI and SMSI is Poser...so why would they sell competing products with Poser products?

But then I realized that more products in the shop potentially means a larger customer base, and more customers means more revenue... which means more development money for Poser, which is excellent!