• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise complete site overhaul announced!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Since I haven't actually bought anything there in years, other than Poser 7 and Poser 9 (before SM instituted their Download Manager), the only issue really bugging me is their "fee" for having access to your purchased items for future downloads. I mean really????? No other site does that, but if they insist, then make it a year, not a month. ~sheesh~

quietrob

Extraordinary
Since I haven't actually bought anything there in years, other than Poser 7 and Poser 9 (before SM instituted their Download Manager), the only issue really bugging me is their "fee" for having access to your purchased items for future downloads. I mean really????? No other site does that, but if they insist, then make it a year, not a month. ~sheesh~
I've been saying that for years, Miss B. It feels like they are nickel and diming me. My last HD crash would've cost me Poser 9 had I not backed it up in 3 different locations. The real result was when it came time to upgrade to Poser Pro 11, I bought it at Rendo and not Content Paradise (CP). The cost was the same but this time Renderosity got a cut of the pie.

I will say that after my recent HD crash I re-bought some photoshop actions from CP. I used my birthday coupon. That, by the way, is something nice.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
SMS has changed the CP policies, and not for the better until now. It remains to be seen if the store will also have new policies.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I will say that after my recent HD crash I re-bought some photoshop actions from CP. I used my birthday coupon. That, by the way, is something nice.
It's been so long since I've bought anything there, I don't know if I even get the birthday coupon anymore. ~shrugs~

quietrob

Extraordinary
It's been so long since I've bought anything there, I don't know if I even get the birthday coupon anymore. ~shrugs~

I bet you do, Miss B. Right now they (CP) need all the customers they can get. DAZ tried to lure back in with a nice 10 dollar coupon....good as long as I bought one of their new items first. For Genesis 8.

Good Try, DAZ. I do appreciate it. When I see they have Poser stuff (and on occassion they do) as a new item, and I have that coupon, I'll go for it. I wonder if that strategy really works. On any item, whether it's bogo or a bundle, I decide what I want and where every dollar goes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I saw that link for the coupon, but I just deleted it, as I wasn't even interested.

I'll have to remember to check CP on my birthday this year, and see if I get one. I'm surprised they don't send an email saying it's available. OK, we shall see.

Aelin

Eager
Each coupon works only for a limited time - 3 months if I make no mistake.
The first time I had a coupon for bday, I was really surprised but happy :)

eclark1894

Visionary
I think SMs whole online corporate presence has been revamped. Including the SMS Forum. Curiously the only site I DON"T see a change is CP.

Aelin

Eager
Wasn't RDNA several years ago which made a change on the site? Site was offline during days.
Maybe SM changes everything and keep for the end CP.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
That's my Dawn render on the right. Rafael Torres asked me if he could use it a couple of months ago "on their Content Paradise site". I was surprised when she appeared where she did!
I think I commented on it in the media section and thought it looked rather familiar !! It's a beautiful image!! If you haven't checked out the full image I encourage you to check out the media section page 7!! James did a wonderful job with her.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I never knew that CP did birthday coupons, I must log in and check. It will be nice if they are all saved up for me.
$5.00 bday coupon and they do have an expiration date. Aelin is right about the 3 months. I think I have let my last two or three expire as there was not anything I found that really tickled my fancy!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, if I do get one this year, I'll probably pick up something for Pauline; probably one of Karanta's outfits, because the outfit(s) Poser has included are not anything I would choose to buy, if you know what I mean. ;)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I get my birthday coupon each year and then I go buy something to use it each year...

Bought Mr Puggles this year.... maybe the HiveWire dog will also have a pug then they can breed!

Can't wait to see what I'll buy next year :rolleyes:

Nod

Adventurous
I've always liked Miki. To me she always looked more realistic than Vicky. Vicky 7+ is starting to get there.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I got the email this afternoon. Can't wait to see if they incorporated everyone's wishes.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It will be good enough if the ones making the new site are NOT the Poser team programmers. LOL

Miss B

CV-BEE
True because that's two different knowledge bases, and software programmers haven't a clue about web site design.

They should leave that to website designer/developers. Let's just hope they ARE two separate teams.
FingersCrossed.png