• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Childe of Fyre's Products

RobZhena

Adventurous
Well, he will come out for Poser eventually. I'm working on his materials right now. :)

FYI - converted clothing via Crossdresser for him will mostly work pretty well in Studio also. I do it all the time. When you conform the item to DS Dusk, Studio will pop up the autofit dialogue. That's normal - just hit "OK" and let it do it's thing. Anytime you use a Poser clothing on the Studio version of the figure, DS will do this. I've used Poser Dawn stuff on DS Dawn lots of times - same for Dusk and BabyLuna.

We don't yet have any templates for Dusk to improve the fit... but if you've converted something via Crossdresser for him in Poser, it usually will auto-fit just fine to his DS figure also. Mileage will vary depending on how well the initial XD conversion worked.

Here is Nitaani native in Poser with a Pauline figure of my own design. His pants look lousy, but I just threw them on to prevent embarrassment and knock out a quick render. I convert DAZ figures to Poser native all the time because of the limitations of DSON. Cheers!

Nitaani and Ling Ling.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice render Rob. I don't think Pauline's ever looked so good. I don't particularly like her default look at all, but here she looks nice.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Here is Nitaani native in Poser with a Pauline figure of my own design. His pants look lousy, but I just threw them on to prevent embarrassment and knock out a quick render. I convert DAZ figures to Poser native all the time because of the limitations of DSON. Cheers!

Hi, Rob! I don't think I've spoken with you before - so I wanted to first say welcome to the forums here. :)

This looks really nice. That hair looks good on him! Nice job with Pauline, too. I haven't had a chance to crack her box open yet, as I picked up P11 primarily so I could do the Poser conversion, but you did a good job with her in this, too!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey, folks - I just wanted to make a note here.

I got notice tonight that Nataani's specular maps have some seams in them... apparently, this is not an issue in 3Delight, or he would never have passed QAV, and since his mats were for 3Delight only, it would not have been caught in the QA process. But from what I've been told by an Iray user, Iray is extremely sensitive with seams, and apparently the spec maps have some seams. There were a couple of seam issues I had to fix on his texture maps during QA, but I never thought about the specular maps at the time! LOL

All this to say - that while I am NOT making Iray mats for him as I do not know HOW - I am going to (hopefully) update his specular maps so that they don't cause problems if someone uses him in Iray. It's going to be a little bit, as I still don't have DS reinstalled on the new hard drive yet.

Anyway - I just wanted to make that note. If you're using Iray and experiencing any seam issues, for the time being just remove his specular maps, and I think the issue will go away. I'll get the spec maps updated as soon as I'm able to. Sorry!

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Bruna will be done backwards. I'm doing her for iRay and then will downgrade the settings to 3Delight so I know all about picky picky picky iRay! lol

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Bruna will be done backwards. I'm doing her for iRay and then will downgrade the settings to 3Delight so I know all about picky picky picky iRay! lol

LOL! Yeah, I honestly had NO idea that Iray was that sensitive. When I got the notice last night, the person who ran into it sent me a couple of screen shots... holy cow! And he did mention that it was definitely an Iray thing, so he wasn't overly upset since I had only provided 3DL mats in the first place... but yeah, I am definitely going to want to update the spec maps because I'm sure there will be other folks who will do what he did and just figure they can set up their own Iray materials for him.

For those folks, I don't want them to have to fight with the seams. I can't make Iray mats, or test them, but I can at least make sure the maps play nice with it for the folks who do use that engine to render. We all know how picky I am about what I release... I can't let it slide.

I just need time enough to get DS installed and open the PSD files up so I can generate new spec maps. I have to admit I was really surprised that Iray was that picky. I had no idea! But at least now I know for the future, so I'm really glad he took the time to let me know. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
After a lot of pulling hairs out of my head (good thing I have a lot of hair to pull at), and an absolutely insane run between multiple versions of the program, Nataani has finally been released for use in Poser natively. No workarounds or jumping through hoops needed anymore by you Poser folks to get him into your chosen program and working. :) He really didn't want to leave home, but he's struck out on his own finally! :roflmao:

With many, MANY thanks to both Gadget Girl and Glitterati, he DOES have a single INJ/REM file to inject and remove his shape. It does both the head and body together. Sorry I couldn't pull off the partial INJ/REM's like I do in DS, but I just couldn't get those to work. But you have at least the main INJ/REM for his shape now with the help of the above-mentioned two wonderful ladies.

He has all the same texture options as the DS pack. There are the same number of base poses (10), with all of their partials available. (Partials are intended to function as modular so you can mix and match), but please note that most of the poses in the Poser version are different from the ones in the Daz Studio version.

His textures and materials work equally well in both Firefly and Superfly. (The main promo was a Superfly render - first image in this post.)

So, he's in the store and available as a Poser native file now. We've also done a product stack for him. If you missed the intro sale on the DS version, that version is also back on sale, as part of this release, and is included in the product stack.

Have fun!

COF Nataani for Dusk - POSER Version

COF Nataani for Dusk - Value Stack

Nataani's Development Thread

Nataani (Ps) Main Promo.jpg

Nataani (Ps) Popup 09.jpg

Nataani (Ps) Popup 02.jpg

Nataani (Ps) Popup 07.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I seriously hope that Poser users run to get this - not only because of all the insanity Seliah went through to create it and the amazing perseverance she had, but because it's an awesome set packed full of textures and poses and a great shape!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I seriously hope that Poser users run to get this - not only because of all the insanity Seliah went through to create it and the amazing perseverance she had, but because it's an awesome set packed full of textures and poses and a great shape!!

...including one internal hard drive, to boot! :rofl:

As Lorraine kept saying to me - the boy just did NOT want to leave home!

EEEK!!! FINALLY !! HUGS YOU AND YOUR HELPERS!!! YAY!!!

LOL, Lyne! You're always so enthusiastic. :) I'm glad to see you happy, though!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey folks, just as a heads up...

I noticed that all of the library folders are contained in the first zip file. The only folders that will have content are Pose, Materials, and the Runtime/Textures folders.

When you go to install him, those are the folders that he lives in. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here's the full-sized version of the Artistic Render I created while beta testing the Poser version of Natanni. I thought of posting in both Dusk and Harry's threads, but just checked with Seliah about posting it here, so without further ado . . .

Title: The Man and His Horse

TheManAndHisHorse.jpg

In case anyone's interested, the stables are part of Predatron's Northwell Horse Stables at DAZ.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hey folks, just as a heads up...

I noticed that all of the library folders are contained in the first zip file. The only folders that will have content are Pose, Materials, and the Runtime/Textures folders.

When you go to install him, those are the folders that he lives in. :)

*cough, cough*

er, oops.

I'll get that fixed and reuploaded, but won't be an oifficial update, so just delete them if you've already got it ;)