• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
@eclark1894 : Panko's original texture for the hand grip on left, my procedural on right (I bulged out the finger rest, and made the checkered area a separate material zone):

The material nodework to get that checkering:

WOW!!!

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Well, I was going to say something about the boots. I did give the metallic boots some thought, but I think I would go with something more mechanical, like quick release and quick attach boot clamps.

I played with that idea in the beginning, but later decided on the magnetic boots, I was thinking it could be better for poses, if her feet were strapped to the board then she would be limited - but with magnet boots she could mover around a bit more. I plan to make a single hand (left) remote control for her. Remote she holds in left, and the gun in her right.
The sky glider has extra modeling built on it so that when texturing I can make some flames or fumes or something to give the impression of thrust; these are assigend seperate material zones so that it can be made that none are on, or just the back, or just the underneath, or just the front. Thrust up, forward, back/break or slowing down if you need to in a hurry. The remote would control, in theory the three different thrusters and the magnetic boots; locking them down or making them so one is free.
When flying this thing it is important to remember to lean left or right to turn left or right.

This thing is untextured, I just changed the diffuse color on all the material zones.
I just wanted to show the (green) area here, where I'll add in some flames or fumes or something to give the impression of thrust.

0.JPG

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I got the land soldier, boots far enough to show them. They are almost done, I'm most likely going to add an anklet to the boots. I need to add in the material zones and do a few other technical things but these are close enough done to show here now.

I can't show her ride yet, but hint - she is wearing biker boots for good reason.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

7.JPG

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the comments and likes.

I'm trying to make these sets read (not intended for civilian use) but what I can't decide is if they look like heros or villains.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I'm trying to make these sets read (not intended for civilian use) but what I can't decide is if they look like heros or villains.

I'm not sure I'd worry about that. After all, what if someone was using them for a story about some sort of academy were people were studying to use that glider, and maybe the villain is the school bully. So everyone is wearing the same uniform (maybe in different colors).

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure I'd worry about that. After all, what if someone was using them for a story about some sort of academy were people were studying to use that glider, and maybe the villain is the school bully. So everyone is wearing the same uniform (maybe in different colors).

BINGO!!!

Academy!

I've been trying to come up with a name for this stuff.

Apocalyptic Academy!
With three branches.
Land,
Water,
Sky,

What do you think?

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thank you all for following and making suggestions and making comments, it does help with creation.
I don't get much time during the week to do anything, here is a shirt I started a while back (still unfinished - but close) this is the shirt that will go with the shorts and boots, and I will make a biker jacket for it. The jacket is in production but it is a mess right now; still needs time to develope. Extremely quick renders showing the undershirt and a little exra trim I added to the thigh pieces. Stuff is still untextured, at a blank on colors, patterns, etc. no visions on that yet.

1.png

2.PNG

Last edited: