• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I'm thinking about suggesting a title change to the thread now that I'm actually developing products. In the beginning I was just goofing off. The first weapon on page one of the thread will never be released but I'm planning a harpoon gun that will be similar to it.

I don't know though a thread title change might confuse people that are already following, and I wouldn't want to loose them.

The things I'm trying to make I want to read, futuristic fantasy, not for civilians. I just don't think the thread title and first post have anything to do with the thread anymore.

Advice anyone?

Maybe this,
Zombie apocalypse gear.

Last edited:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I don't know though a thread title change might confuse people that are already following, and I wouldn't want to loose them.

Well I don't know about other people, but I start my Hivewire browsing by looking at the alerts that have threads I've posted in or are following. So a lot of times I don't even know the names of the threads I'm reading at the moment. I go back later and look at new posts to see if there's anything interesting I missed. So it wouldn't confuse me. But I don't know what other's browsing habits are.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As far as changing the title of the thread AoM, if you request it, the person who does the changing for you will have the option to notify anyone "watching" (or has participated in) the thread, so they would get an Alert about it.

That way folks would know it was changed, and can either bookmark it, or make a note of the new title change.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I had a little time this morning and worked some more on the bike for the ground unit.
I was keeping this off the forums until I was sure I could pull it off.
I'm making Dawn a crotch rocket unicycle.

0.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, I was wondering how she was going to sit on it. :lol: Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I really love everything you have going on here, and that's a very cool cycle. But, something about the way she's riding the unicycle looks uncomfortable.

It seems she'd be more aerodynamic if her back were rounded similar to this first picture.

upload_2017-3-18_21-4-17.png

This is the Uno, which seems closer to your design, but for high speed chasing, I'd think the upper body would be bent more like the photo above or the one below.
upload_2017-3-18_21-5-27.png

Then we have the Noah High Performance Personal Vehicle which has two front wheels. Will be cool if the Noah ever goes from design to street.

upload_2017-3-18_21-6-16.png

Regardless. It's a cool bike and the uniforms you've created are really cool. I look forward to seeing this in the store!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Now that I see the differences between them Satira, I think you're on to something.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I really love everything you have going on here, and that's a very cool cycle. But, something about the way she's riding the unicycle looks uncomfortable.

It seems she'd be more aerodynamic if her back were rounded similar to this first picture.

View attachment 24295

This is the Uno, which seems closer to your design, but for high speed chasing, I'd think the upper body would be bent more like the photo above or the one below.
View attachment 24296

Then we have the Noah High Performance Personal Vehicle which has two front wheels. Will be cool if the Noah ever goes from design to street.

View attachment 24297

Regardless. It's a cool bike and the uniforms you've created are really cool. I look forward to seeing this in the store!

Thanks for all the images and info. I think I'm in too far to make changes now; I can always make another one though. I was just trying to make something fun and different. I was thinking it would be okay for her legs to be in the position they are in because this is future tech and the thing will not tip all the way to the sides or over, sort of like a segway; so she don't have to put her feet down to keep it upright. Also I'm just making things for practice and fun, I will submit the finished products here at Hivewire3d first. If they do not want them I'll understand. If when where these things will be released I don't know. The plan is to make three outfits that come with a ride, three different sets to release at the same time. Each of the three sets will be a clothed Dawn from head to toe with weapons and a ride; big sets at a low price. It would almost be like buying the land soldier set of weapons and clothing and getting the unicycle free.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Okay, got Dawn dressed and loaded onto her ride, I'm thinking of naming the ride, the Cannon. Because it reminds me of and old cannon.
Added the handles and some axel/suspension. I'm thinking of putting one of those small widshields, very short, and a piece of trim on the back and calling the bike finished.
Everything on the bike UV'd now, just got to set all the material zones up. Hope to have some time next weekend to work on this some more. Until then, here is a few more screen grabs.

0.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Windscreen would be great. I think the unicycle is great. I hesitated to say anything, because I didn't want you to feel I was criticizing your bike!

It wasn't her legs that bothered me. It was her back and neck positioning. I felt a rounded back would flow better from her neck to the base of her spine. But, I'm sure for every picture we could find of a rider with a rounded back, we'd find one with an arched back like with your rider.

It certainly does look like a cannon, so Cannon would be a good name for the bike.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
added small windscreen and assigned the material zones, calling this one finished, except for the textures, all textures will be the last thing done,
throwed some shaders on it and did a few render test

0.JPG