• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
All the transport devices I'm making are perfectly safe, everything runs on batteries.

Have you tested though to make sure your batteries don't explode at altitude?

I do know how have comical image of a really long extension cord running from the back of it to the ground.

Of course I had a pilot friend who never flew without a 100ft extension cord. Because if his plane started to go down he knew that he could through the extension cord out the side and it was sure to tangle on something.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Really? Which part is she playing?

OK, out of curiosity I just checked and she played Lady Oleena Tyrell. Hmmmm, I read the books so long ago, and the name family name Tyrell is familiar, but I don't recall the name Oleena at all.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
She's Queen Margaery Tyrell's grandmother (once married to Joffry now to his brother, the queen that is not the grandmother :p)

Last edited:

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yesterday it occurred to me that the three soldiers represent Earth, Water, and Wind. Now I need to make one for Fire. So now on the list of things to do, new helmet, flame thrower, flame proof body suit.. but what type of ride would the Fire soldier have?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd have to look at all the vehicles you have so far, but you could always give the fire one the uni and make the water one a jet ski :p (haha more work!)

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist

You all really want to test my skills I see, if I made a dragon it would not be able to stand up to the one @Chris is making.

I'd have to look at all the vehicles you have so far, but you could always give the fire one the uni and make the water one a jet ski :p (haha more work!)

So far there are only two rides, the sky board and unicycle. I need to come up with something for the water soldier and fire soldier.
-
I have finished the Sky soldier up now, the obj's are at 100% completion. I'm going to need to give them a few more look overs and then I'll inquire to Hivewire if this is something they would want to sell, and if so see if I could get them to take a glance at the obj's because I would much rather make changes now with the meshes then later.
I made a few minor changes to the sky soldier's jacket, I thought her chest area looked too painted on and adjusted it, a bit looser, and the padded panel on her back flatened it out a bit, before it was shaped like a human back, now it is flat, looks more like a protective pad.
0.png

-
Land soldier, all that remains is her jacket and a few minor adjustments to the unicycle. If time is on my side this weeked I'll finish her.
-
Water soldier, I want swim flippers for her shoes; so I need to keep that in mind while designing her ride, I want something that can go on and under water; I'm thinking of swiping the seat off of the unicycle and modeling her ride on and around that seat. She'll get a harpoon gun too, and a trident.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So far there are only two rides, the sky board and unicycle. I need to come up with something for the water soldier and fire soldier.
You could just leave it as these 2 vehicles, say for the sky board you could paint it up to suit air and water (since it could skim over the water like a hovercraft) and the unicycle could double up for fire and land/earth (or you could do minor add ons to differentiate between them).

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is something along the lines of what I'm thinking. Something longer and sleek. Impressions of wings and a tail.

upload_2017-3-29_20-26-4.png

You could reuse this basic shape even, but instead of the spoiler on the back, elongate a tail like structure. Then expand the sides so they are more pointed and flare backwards. Though, I really like that sail like structure on the middle ship above.

upload_2017-3-29_20-27-53.png