• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I'm worried about the sexy thing. She's developing a personality now, this looks more to be a custom outfit for an individual rather than a soldier. Not issue gear for an army; it reads her personal stuff. Who is she? She needs a code name.

Hmm, so the helmet kind of makes me thing of a space kitty. I'm trying to think up fire kitty names, but it's funny, fire kitties aren't really a thing (like fire birds are phoenixes). Hell-Cat doesn't quite seem to fit, but Phoenix is always an awesome code name.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I can't wait until Saturday morning when I'll have a few hours to work on this some more. Almost everything I've done in this thread has been in roughly three hour sessions on Saturday mornings.

There are actually three different helmets shown so far in this thread. The cat like helmet is designed for the unicycle. The unicycle rider will get the pistol with the the two swords attached to it. The fire soldier, I've not made anything for her yet. I plan to make her a ride that will have robotic spider legs to move her around.. we will see though.

But I do think the costumes and assories are starting to take on personalities as if these things belong to separate individuals rather than standard issued gear. I don't think they are looking friendly either.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Hmm, so the helmet kind of makes me thing of a space kitty. I'm trying to think up fire kitty names, but it's funny, fire kitties aren't really a thing (like fire birds are phoenixes). Hell-Cat doesn't quite seem to fit, but Phoenix is always an awesome code name.

Since the cat-like helmet goes with the unicycle we could call her rollerkitty

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I was hesitant to post but what the heck,
Didn't get much time to do anything today, was excited and wanted to but just couldn't, losts of other life stuff I had to do.
But I got to work a bit, and after being schooled in fashion this week about how you can't wear those shorts with that top because it makes her legs look short..
So, new shorts were made. No front pockets on purpose becuase she is laying down on that unicycle, if she has something in her front pocket it would not be comfortable. She has back pockets though.
The pouch things I had on her upper thighs have been removed as well and will be replaced with a holster for her pistol on one side and on the other side will be extra clips, so I hope next weekend I can make the belt and holsters.
These shorts are a different model, UV'd but no textures, just shaders for color.

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I love those shorts, but if you were riding something I'd hate to fall off - ouch

Special design, you would have to make yourself fall off, perfectly safe, take it for a spin. I did put thought into her saftey, she does have padding on her back, knees, elbows, and forarms.
So I've been told the Harley riders wear $2,000 worth of leather and a $20.00 helmet, and the crotch rocket riders wear $20.00 worth of clothing and a $2000 dolar helmet. I tried to put Dawn over the top, wearing $2,000 worth of leather and a $2000 dolar helmet.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Special design, you would have to make yourself fall off, perfectly safe, take it for a spin. I did put thought into her saftey, she does have padding on her back, knees, elbows, and forarms.
So I've been told the Harley riders wear $2,000 worth of leather and a $20.00 helmet, and the crotch rocket riders wear $20.00 worth of clothing and a $2000 dolar helmet. I tried to put Dawn over the top, wearing $2,000 worth of leather and a $2000 dolar helmet.

I feel like if you're riding some sort of hover craft, the solution is a small personal force field to protect your skin if you fall off.

And on the subject of fashion and shorts, I wouldn't worry about apologizing that she doesn't have pockets on the front. In real clothing, women rarely get pockets other than the back pockets. In fact I think half my jeans the front pockets are just stitching for looks, with no actual pocket there.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Okay, not a very productive weekend I just simply didn't have time to use the computer, got busy with other stuff.
I did get to re-model the shorts as seen above and got to sit down for a bit this evening and make the holster.
After doing a few renders I wonder if it would look better if the holster went up more so her shorts wend down over it, or if it went down further and tucked down in her boots, or both?
It needs some piping, straps or something else added to it to make it apear more finished too I think.
Also, not sure but I think this is the first time I put shaders on the gun and rendered it?

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just a suggestion, the gun looks heavy so I'd like to see a strap around the top of the holster that goes to a belt so it doesn't slip down the leg (your style would work well for a smaller gun). Similar to:
G4333-Gun-Leg-Holster-with-Belt-2main.jpg 2ae0153076e5007bcb462c7ad82aacc6.jpg
(thumbnails, click to view larger)

And these would be a cool idea for smaller guns too if you choose to do one :p
0b9f1fc990a860f4e81e409e20d8f142.jpg 447fecc91fa661ef3a00ebcbd106bb55.jpg

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Just a suggestion, the gun looks heavy so I'd like to see a strap around the top of the holster that goes to a belt so it doesn't slip down the leg (your style would work well for a smaller gun). Similar to:
View attachment 25286 View attachment 25284
(thumbnails, click to view larger)

And these would be a cool idea for smaller guns too if you choose to do one :p
View attachment 25283 View attachment 25285

Thanks for the feedback and images, I agree she needs a belt or two. I'll see what I can come up with.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I googled popular female cat names and found and liked the name Beatrice. Giving her a name inspired some ideas about her.

The outfit we are seeing develope on this page is for the unicycle rider, this is an individual's custom belongings; this is not issue gear for a squad. This individual, her first name is Beatrice, last name, unknown, code name, Lucky because she has never been captured. Few things are known about her, she avoids heights, possible fear of heights. She avoids water, possible fear of water, or she is not able to swim.

Last edited:

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Understand please that this is rough, just a draft.
But I could not stop thinking about this and managed to slip in 40 minutes to try and throw some shapes in place.
I like this direction. I think I can wrap this all up on this set this weekend with some luck. Any request for clothing or gear for the unicycle rider, the outfit we are seeing on this page?

0.png

1.png

2.png