• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Depends who you talk to...Paul normally says to begin with DS...Ken 1170 says the other way. I think some of it depends on which program you are most used to.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Depends who you talk to...Paul normally says to begin with DS...Ken 1170 says the other way. I think some of it depends on which program you are most used to.

I think Pen is on the money here. What program you prefer to use is probably the biggest thing that makes a difference, especially since which ever program you prefer, you've probably spend time converting other peoples stuff made for the other program to work in the one you like (at least if you a content creator, I figure most content creators realized after fiddling with other people's stuff that either the thing they wanted just wasn't out there, or that they had picked up the skills to start making their own stuff).

That being said, even though I prefer Poser to DS, I will agree that the transfer utility and the auto-follow features in DS will usually make it easier to support other morphs on a figure. Poser's tools for these sorts of things aren't quite as good. On the other hand Poser's morph brush is like my favorite thing ever. I've definitely used some of DSs auto-follow transfer utility tools to make morphs, brought them into Poser, and then used Poser's morph brushes to clean them up/fix them.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think for Ken it's mainly the autogrouping from DS he doesn't like but he does also use the morph brush a lot from what he's posted.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Okay, here is what I worked on today, had to tighten some things up and prepare for the future.
Had a lot going on with her shorts, belts, holsters and such.. Removed the buttons on the front, she had a stylish button fly but the way she lays on the unicycle it was called to my attention that those needed to be removed. She now has a velcro fly, and buckles for the belts had to be placed on her hip, not the front, because this would be uncomfortable laying on them.
Spent a lot of time on the UV's this morning, very happy with them now. Set the material zones with good names. Generic rigging tests with the transfer tool.

3.png

0.png

1.png

2.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good to me AoM, and now that you mention it, the old button fly wouldn't have been very comfortable, so a good idea to change that to Velcro.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the comments.
I've spent the day tighting everything up on her outfit, looking everything over, material zone names, changed a few UV's.
The biker outfit is finished. Tomorrow I'll get back to work on the Unicycle, and hope to finish it.
I want to finish this up so I can move on to the water soldier; hopefully next weekend.
I wish I could do this everyday for a few hours, a few hours here and there on the weekend is not enough time. But the long breaks inbetween modeling sessions give me time to think about designs.
Until then, hope to be able to post more progress tomorrow.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Not much but here is what I did with what little time I had.
Made a new wheel for the unicycle, and extended the tail so her feet would not hang off the back. Also on the tail put some padding for her.
If I get time tomorrow I'm going to add some things so she can attach her swords to the unicycle and some extra clips for her gun.

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Got Dawn dressed in her new clothes, and positioned on her Unicycle.
Showing how her feet don't hang off anymore; before if she were to back into anything it would have hurt her feet so now they are protected. The new wheel gives it a little extra punch too.
Just got to figure out where I want to put her swords. Working on that right now.

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.PNG

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Got stuff to do so I'm going to shut down.
I played with the swords and clips trying to figure out where and how to place them.
Here is what I'm thinking of doing; swords where they are and the clips, maybe two or three on each side of the tail, one in place for a demo.
I'll have to sleep on the placement before I go and model some model extra parts that would hold the swords and clips in place.

Capture.PNG

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Count me as Sale +1 when these sets come out.

I'm not sure they will ever be released, I'm starting to get emotionally attached and might keep these sets all for myslef.

All jokes aside, I've not ran this stuff through Hivewire yet. Once I complete the obj files as best as I can I will send an inquiry to them. This set, the unicycle rider with ride and weapons is almost finished, so I will be inquiring soon. The Sky soldier is prety much finished too, but I want to give her some extra stuff to try and balance out the sets. I want the sets to be even with content and quality. I'm thinking of adding things (more parts) to the sky glider. Also thinking of adding some extras to her outfit. Open now for suggestions.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I'll be around for about two hours, don't know how much I'll get done though?
Wrapping up the unicylce and the rider outfit right now. I'm going to spend what time I have today on the sky soldier and try and finish her up. We'll see how it goes.
Added some brackets to the unicycle so we could get some extra clips and the swords attached.

Capture.PNG