• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
two closeups
stuff is uv mapped but just a shader applied as before, no textures yet

0.png

1.png

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Done for the day, I might get an hour or so tomorrow, if so I'll finish this up.
I've decided to make a police style badge, to put on her left hip; so maybe she is a hero after all, or is she just pretending?
I might even make some small studded spikes to put on the belts? Any other suggestions before I wrap her up and move on to something else?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, if she is more police like then she probably needs a safety strap for the gun, so that a villain doesn't just grab it out of the holster. and maybe a small pouch for holding zip ties or cuffs on the back of the belt.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks as always for the feedback, I got busy here with Easter and all and didn't get a chance to work on this today, hope to have some time next weekend.

Well, if she is more police like then she probably needs a safety strap for the gun, so that a villain doesn't just grab it out of the holster. and maybe a small pouch for holding zip ties or cuffs on the back of the belt.

I'm not sure I would have the courage to try and grab her gun. I can put a lock on it though, zipties and cuffs? She rides a unicycle so I could not see her bringing anyone in, I think she just shoots and calls for cleanup. I'll see about getting her some restraints though, never know when she might need to interrogate a hostile witness. mmmm? How about a cattle prod instead of restraints? That would definitely be a way to restrain someone. I could actually give her two, so she would have a choice of using the double sword bayonets or double cattle prod bayonets.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Is anyone interested in teaming up. It would be great to find someone not interested in modeling. Someone that enjoys creating and saving out poses, making promo renders, and converting DS products over to Poser.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Is anyone interested in teaming up. It would be great to find someone not interested in modeling. Someone that enjoys creating and saving out poses, making promo renders, and converting DS products over to Poser.

Those are exactly the things I don't enjoy. :)

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yes, in fact I am most interested in modelling. Your post just made me laugh, since I am probably the opposite of what you are looking for. Sorry.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist

Well I don't enjoy poses or making promo renders, but actually I could maybe help convert stuff to Poser. I say maybe, because I want to be upfront with what I know I can do. I can definitely do the rigging part of the conversion for clothing, along with fixing/adjusting morphs. I'm not necessarily fast at it though. If you have good image maps, I can certainly set up the textures in Firefly and Superfly (I'm just not great with procedural stuff). However, I've never tried to rig something like your glider before (and I'm not sure what moving parts it would have or how well the skeleton from DS would transfer over). It's just not something I've tried.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Well I don't enjoy poses or making promo renders, but actually I could maybe help convert stuff to Poser. I say maybe, because I want to be upfront with what I know I can do. I can definitely do the rigging part of the conversion for clothing, along with fixing/adjusting morphs. I'm not necessarily fast at it though. If you have good image maps, I can certainly set up the textures in Firefly and Superfly (I'm just not great with procedural stuff). However, I've never tried to rig something like your glider before (and I'm not sure what moving parts it would have or how well the skeleton from DS would transfer over). It's just not something I've tried.

I'm about to start a private conversation with you.