• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
That looks awesome with some colour!

(now I want to play with some flames up the side hahaha)

You are more than welcome to make textures, but I should make sure Hivewire wants this thing first.

Looking good. You did a nice job with the treads on the tire.

Thanks, I put thought into it, I wanted something that would be good for road and slightly off road, but not too rough on the road like an offroad tire, and not a slick street tire that would spin in the wet grass.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha so its you I'm channelling today Miss B :p

I can't see why they wouldn't AOM, as far as I know there's nothing built like that just for Dawn.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually, I don't think HW has anything like this for any character, so I think it would be welcome in the store.

Hmmmm, now I wonder if it would work for Dusk as well. Hmmmm . . . .

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Ahhhhhh, territorial isn't she. :)

lol

-

Okay, reworked the one boot that didn't look right.
Is this good enough to call done?
If so I'll move on to other things.

1.png

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Nice! I was a huge fan of Emma Peel and the Avengers. Diana Rigg could wear just about anything and make it look good. ;)

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the comments and likes!

Done until next weekend, if I get time then?
Here is a test render I just did, showing the sky soldier. This is the first time I seen the set all put together. I think the sky board needs to be increased in size by about double. I also have an idea to make her a remote control unit to hold in her other hand that controlls the sky board; and just as I was watching this image render I got the idea to make her a shield, and the handle of the shield is the remote controll.

6.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think the sky board does need to be bigger, but not sure about double the size, unless you want it to be large enough for her to lay down on it.

You're idea of the remote control for the sky board is a good one, but I'm not sure about the shield. Then again, I might change my mind once I see what you come up with. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It may not need to be bigger considering it's a personal skyboard, right?

This is Kevin Inkster's Airboard
upload_2017-3-26_16-21-14.png

Granted, this is a hoverboard, but the concept would be the same, right?

The Flyboard Air is even smaller. It can fly up to 10,000 feet high and can reach speeds of over 100 mph.
upload_2017-3-26_16-29-46.png

Gosh. With the Flyboard Air, it wouldn't take me an hour to get to work anymore!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Gosh. With the Flyboard Air, it wouldn't take me an hour to get to work anymore!
Now THAT's a selfie I'd love to see. ;)

Seriously though, you've got a good point. I'm liking that small Flyboard Air, though I'd probably be a bit nervous of having so small a space for my feet, even if my feet were "strapped in" so to speak. Having a little room to move if you need to when turning, etc. I certainly wouldn't want my foot to slip off just because it moved slightly.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Zapata Medevac would be awesome. No more waiting for an ambulance to make it's way through congested traffic. Instead, the hospital would send out a medevac to fly out and pick up the patient.

Now, to be honest, I'd rather fly the Jet Bike than the Flyboard. I'm not quite keen on wearing a backpack of fuel to power the Flyboard. I would think the Jet Bike would have the fuel in a tank on the bike. Still, it is totally amazing that personal flight units are a reality. Even if they aren't going to be commercially available for another year or so.