• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
a few tests using the zones

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
The bladed weapon would go with the ground officer. Idea is, you got a pistol, close range weapon - the blades make it near impossible for anyone to grab the gun away from you. Also when you run out of bullets you still got two swords to detach and use. I also made a long range version of the weapon. No swords, just lots of bullets.
This is going to be three seperate outfits, complete from head to toe, with weapons, helmets, and a special item. The three different sets are to enforce the sky, land, and water.

So far the closets one to being finished is the sky soldier.
Pants
Helmet
Gun long range, with extra ammo
Boots - still not done, reworking the ones I shown before making them flat on the bottom. My logic, magnetic boots, and a magnetic plate in the sky glider (keeping Dawn from falling off)
Sky glider is the special item
All that remains for this one is the shirt, in the works and is long sleeve.

1.JPG

2.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

3.JPG

Last edited:

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I frequently teach people how to shoot, and one of the cardinal rules is "muzzle discipline"; imagine a red laser beam coming out of the gun barrel, and make sure that in moving the gun from here to there you *never* pass the muzzle across anyone whom you do not intend to kill.

My first thought was that while swinging the sword (parry, thrust, swing, etc), you would "laser" everybody and his brother.

However, this is virtual, so no real concern for accidental friendly fire incidents. ;) So, let your imagination take wing! :geek:
By the way, I've seen pics of real pistols with (shorter) blades, usually made in the pirate era. Being single-shot and relatively slow to reload, the blade wasn't a bad idea as a backup.

The long magazine which protrudes way out the bottom actually exists; those are usually made for what are generically called "camp carbines", which are short rifles that take pistol ammo.
But several pistols can happily accept the carbine magazines, albeit they will stick out the bottom.
I have several such magazines which fit the Israeli Jericho and Barak pistols; they hold 30 rounds of NATO 9mm.

In California and New York, the politicians are protected by standard full capacity magazines; the working folk may only have ten rounds and that only if they get permission. In Ohio, I can carry whatever capacity mag I wish. It is the long blade which would be illegal to carry in most US states, ironically. :confused:

Last edited:

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist

Thanks.

Zowie! That long magazine would be illegal in many states, to get back to your original question!

I'm thinking these are goverment officers of the future.. or maybe they need to be villians? There seems to be a lot of hero type stuff in the store, maybe I should make some villians to go against them, give them some hero work to do.

... In Ohio, I can carry whatever capacity mag I wish. It is the long blade which would be illegal to carry in most US states, ironically. :confused:

Those blades make it hard for someone to take it away from you.

How about dual-blade katar/rondash/bullpup combination? :)

Pick the one you like most, I'll see what I can do.

eclark1894

Visionary
I think I know what's bothering me personally about this weapon. I prefer a "full conversion mode" weapon. In other words, while it's a sword, it shouldn't look like a gun, and while it's a gun, it shouldn't look like a sword. At least it shouldn't be so obvious. If you could press a secret button and release a lever or something that would allow the gun handle to swing into line with the barrel and lock ( and back of course when you want to use it as a gun).