• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Place to lay my head...

eclark1894

Visionary
Funny, I may have the tea set ready for DS before I do Poser. I have more work to do to get it ready for DS, so I'm concentrating on that first, Plus, since I don't have Superfly, I have to find someone who does to help me out with that. I'm not too worried about that though since it was created in Blender using Cycles. But I hope to have the tea set done before the end of the month for both Poser and DS.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I do have one problem with the Iray though. Can't figure out why the lids on the sugarbowl and teapot are so much whiter than the rest of the set.
Did you convert materials to Iray or use 3Delight materials?
Simple way to see difference in material settings: in surface tab select all needed surfaces - if lid and teapot is different objects select both in scene tab before - and see where <?> will be in options.
Like this
surfaces.png

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Funny, I may have the tea set ready for DS before I do Poser. I have more work to do to get it ready for DS, so I'm concentrating on that first, Plus, since I don't have Superfly, I have to find someone who does to help me out with that. I'm not too worried about that though since it was created in Blender using Cycles. But I hope to have the tea set done before the end of the month for both Poser and DS.

If you haven't done supper fancy things with the materials, you probably won't find much trouble with Superfly. You might have to tone down reflections a bit, but in my experience it's mostly things like skin that have issues. Plus like you said, you've been suing Cycles so it should translate over nicely.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hivewire sells some grass textures from Isource that i can use on the yard prop, but think I'll wait to see if it goes on sale.:)

eclark1894

Visionary
My latest render in Poser to show off the house so far, but having some issues with the imported Blender objects. They keep creating other material zones when they're imported into Poser.

house3.png

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
What sort of other material groups? Do the names match other objects, but are wrong (like leaves on the door). Or do they just have random names?

eclark1894

Visionary
Been up all night at work. Fortunately, I can work on my own stuff at night to pass the time. Last night and early this morning, I finished off a Dishwasher, and just polished off a trash compactor.

So this will be the complete list of large appliances bundled together..:
Refrigerator
Wall Ovens
Stove top/Range
Dishwasher
Trashcompactor
Washing Machine
Dryer

Bathroom fixtures:
Shower stall
toilet
vanity mirror/ wall lights
sink
tub

Small appliances:
TV (large screen)
Microwave
Coffee maker
Blender
Toaster (Does anyone even make toast anymore?)
Knives
Cutting board

Can anyone think of something I should or shouldn't add? I'm actually debating whether or not to do any of the small appliances at all. There are so many around. Most people probably already have most of them in their library, anyway.

Okay, off to bed I go.:sleep:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Only thing I can think to add, if you want to, is a sound system. You already have a TV, but often folks like to listen to music rather than watch TV. Just a thought.

Other than that, looks like you've about covered it all. Oh, and I "love" warm melted butter on a nice piece of toast with my morning tea. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Still, have to texture and articulate them, but all the modeling on the large appliances are done. Same thing with the house now. All the modeling on the structure is done. Just need to texture and install the doors and articulate them. And I say all that like I'm not going to make some changes on that front door again.;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Also, now that I've learned how to do it, as much as I can, I'm going to try and make all my models that have moving parts do just that.

eclark1894

Visionary
So as I said in another thread, I've finished modeling the large appliances, so I'm setting them up now for articulation so the doors will open and close. So far, i've done the oven, the refrigerator and just finished the washer. Right now, I'm trying to follow a shader for metal chrome that Bagginsbill put together, but I'm not doing something right yet, so I'm starting over from scratch to follow. Anyway, here's a failed shader attempt, but it still shows the door on the top load washer open and closed.

washers.png

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dang! This is going to be a gorgeous set when you have it all finished! Nice work on the articulation, Earl. Wish I could help with the shader thing, but well... I'm about as comfy with Poser shaders as you are with DS ones. LOL :D

eclark1894

Visionary
Dang! This is going to be a gorgeous set when you have it all finished! Nice work on the articulation, Earl. Wish I could help with the shader thing, but well... I'm about as comfy with Poser shaders as you are with DS ones. LOL :D
I'm going to try and keep this super simple with the shaders. Just the basics for both Poser and DS.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't blame you one bit! You have a massive set here... you'd be making shaders as they put you into the ground if you went through and got all fancy-dancy with a zillion shaders for each piece. LOL!