• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Gadget Girl's products at Hivewire

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone. I learned so much working on this particular outfit, especially trying to add in some helpful scripts. Hopefully it means the next project will go smoother.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So if you haven't seen it yet @CWRW and I have just released a product we've been working on together:

Tribal Ornaments for Dusk - A CWRW & Gadget Girl Games Collaboration at HiveWire 3D

She did the beautiful textures (and promo images) and I did the geometry and rigging. So my first piece of conforming clothing for both Poser and DS is now in the store.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yay, congrats on your first DS & Poser item - great collaboration!!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Congrats on the Elemental Elves !! They look very very cool!! Thanks so much for doing something for Zan and Taji!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I plan on doing a texture set for them at some point sort of a Peter Pan, Lost Boys type feel, but have a few things to get out of the way first.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks great! I hate to ask but if IIRC these are only going to be for Poser? I debating whether to buy or wait and see...thanks!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Looks great! I hate to ask but if IIRC these are only going to be for Poser? I debating whether to buy or wait and see...thanks!

So the two main items of the outfit (the vest and skirt) are dynamic, so I don't have any plans to make a DS version.

Just to give you an idea of what you'd need to do to use this is DS (since I know you've played with dynamics). . .

The textures for the leather pieces are all created through image maps. Theres a colored image map, a bump and a normal map for each section.
The metal pieces will be trickier. They all use the same base image map but the different metal colors are created through some Poser procedural stuff. If however you have any nice metal shaders, you could use those.

Also the bracer and greaves are both smart props. I'm not sure if any adjustments would be needed to load them into the right place in DS, or if the Poser information there will transfer. However I will give you one warning on the bracer. Because Dawn and her morphs are wonderful weight mapped figures that bend realistically, when you twist the forearm the shape of the forearm deforms and becomes bulkier near the elbow where the muscle bulges. In Poser I created an MCM to adjust the bracers to account for this, but I'm pretty sure that won't translate to DS, so depending on the pose you use, you might have to manually adjust them.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hmmm...thanks for the info GG...I'll think about it. I could probably dial in the mcm in poser and export it then rehook it in DS...I haven't been totally happy with the recent dynamic plugins for DS. VW's is promising but it still has a lot of bugs.