• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Now now... check this out!!

To visually represent what we're doing here. This is indeed ground breaking!! Can your other animal models do this? Can ANY other base figure be morphed into this type of variety of animal breeds? Keep in mind this is just the start. The dragon with have others spawn from this one, the big cat with have other breeds, the dog with have many other options such as the chihuahua, and the house cat with have many breeds as well. All of these are morphed from our big cat, and will have the same UVs, so maps can be shared. Also these animals will all start with the same rig, and morphs can be shared between all of these. And we've repeated this with our Horse product for the ungulate animals.

Please share this concept with your friends. Not only is the concept solid, but these figures are, and will be top notch with attention to anatomical details, not just resolution to state that detail is added in. But appropriate and needed surface anatomy detail of each of these animals. Also the texture maps of each animal with be of a superior quality. Just look at the map that CWRW is creating for this big cat.

View attachment 11040

These look great Chris.
I am still pining for Harry to Bull Redo. I am a Taurus and that bull I first saw so long ago now got under my skin and I gotsta haves it! :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
These look great Chris.
I am still pining for Harry to Bull Redo. I am a Taurus and that bull I first saw so long ago now got under my skin and I gotsta haves it! :)

I'm with you on that. We'd love to have that Bull out also. Right now we have Laurie so busy with the Big Cat. She's juggling several projects as we all are. I know for sure that it is definitely still on her list, as well as about 8 or 10 more projects, like the Big Horn Sheep, Mule deer family, Thistle, Thoroughbred and more horse maps and still more.

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
It's probably already been talked about, but being new to the thread, going through 50 pages is daunting.

Will there be the small, wild cat breeds like Linx and Ocelot?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
It's probably already been talked about, but being new to the thread, going through 50 pages is daunting.

Will there be the small, wild cat breeds like Linx and Ocelot?

Most definitely. In fact we already have some beautiful photo reference for the Bobcat and Lynx. We do indeed plan for other smaller wild cat breeds.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
OMG I didn't know these were all morphs from the SAME mesh and UVs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow:

Darryl

Adventurous
Dare I say these figures are the Genesis 1 of animals? Able to use the same skin and infinitely morphable. I thought I saw a post earlier mixing the gorilla with. . . something. I'm sure some wise guy (or gal) will figure out how to inject morphs into Harry's tack and ride off on a lion.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Dare I say these figures are the Genesis 1 of animals? Able to use the same skin and infinitely morphable. I thought I saw a post earlier mixing the gorilla with. . . something. I'm sure some wise guy (or gal) will figure out how to inject morphs into Harry's tack and ride off on a lion.

That's funny, and I bet you're right!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So............ about the dragon..... The wings are detachable then so the original UV's for the base are still valid? How will the wings be attached? Conformer? Geo-graphed?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So............ about the dragon..... The wings are detachable then so the original UV's for the base are still valid? How will the wings be attached? Conformer? Geo-graphed?

The wings fit on the Dragon shapes, Big Cat, Dogs, House Cat and so on. Right now I have them set up to be geo-graphed, but will leave it to Paul to determine what will work best for Poser and Studio.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Willow...

@Ken, yes geografting is just DS but I imagine that Chris has it set up so that he can geograft it in DS and do it as conforming in Poser. Having it set up for Geografting just means that certain polys will match up against the figure so they can replace the original polys on the figure. It won't stop it from being made into conforming for Poser at least to my knowledge...