• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The cats are coming along beautifully.

Sorry I keep loosing my email notifications for so many threads that I forget to come and look. Sorry. This wasn't an issue in the previous forums so not sure what switch needs to be turned off or on to keep notifications ON until **I** decide otherwise. :mad::mad::mad:

Maps are looking spectacular

Love that examples PhotoGG posted for the tongue.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Tempesta3d Me TOO!! But I think we all are !! =) Plus if Tiny gets a hold of him ............. he will be so much over the top!

P.S.: That's a fierce new V4 char you have there!! =)

Last edited:

Carey

Extraordinary
I love it when artists corroborate and ideas start to feed off each other...and I love this place!!!!!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*fluffs up cushions and puts out more snacks*

Carey

Extraordinary
You know your pupil is really a hole, yes it is a lens covered clear hollow spot... When you look into the lens your looking into the eyes...Now there is a reason I mention this..see in my sculpting days, yes back in the old days we used actual clay....lol Any way to get that slight reflection off the sides of the pupil and show the darkness that lies with in all our eyes I actually made a hole and then added a small piece of clay slightly inset to create the high light. No I didn't invent the technique, I learned it from the Romans. When you can't fake what mother nature has made, why not copy it. I know from my 2D work..If I couldn't sell the look of the eyes to the viewer the work was a total losss...One more thing...eye balls are not round.If you ever really look at the side view of a person you will plainly see the lens sticks out... I also suggest you converse with the person first though, it may prevent the court date....lol

Okay now that I have said that, I have no idea why I mention it here... lol

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Now now... check this out!!

To visually represent what we're doing here. This is indeed ground breaking!! Can your other animal models do this? Can ANY other base figure be morphed into this type of variety of animal breeds? Keep in mind this is just the start. The dragon with have others spawn from this one, the big cat with have other breeds, the dog with have many other options such as the chihuahua, and the house cat with have many breeds as well. All of these are morphed from our big cat, and will have the same UVs, so maps can be shared. Also these animals will all start with the same rig, and morphs can be shared between all of these. And we've repeated this with our Horse product for the ungulate animals.

Please share this concept with your friends. Not only is the concept solid, but these figures are, and will be top notch with attention to anatomical details, not just resolution to state that detail is added in. But appropriate and needed surface anatomy detail of each of these animals. Also the texture maps of each animal with be of a superior quality. Just look at the map that CWRW is creating for this big cat.

LabWork79.JPG

Darryl

Adventurous
Now now... check this out!!

To visually represent what we're doing here. This is indeed ground breaking!! Can your other animal models do this? Can ANY other base figure be morphed into this type of variety of animal breeds? Keep in mind this is just the start. The dragon with have others spawn from this one, the big cat with have other breeds, the dog with have many other options such as the chihuahua, and the house cat with have many breeds as well. All of these are morphed from our big cat, and will have the same UVs, so maps can be shared. Also these animals will all start with the same rig, and morphs can be shared between all of these. And we've repeated this with our Horse product for the ungulate animals.

Please share this concept with your friends. Not only is the concept solid, but these figures are, and will be top notch with attention to anatomical details, not just resolution to state that detail is added in. But appropriate and needed surface anatomy detail of each of these animals. Also the texture maps of each animal with be of a superior quality. Just look at the map that CWRW is creating for this big cat.

View attachment 11040

This is what I'm talkin' 'bout. An emphasis on value and flexibility for the customer rather than trying to squeeze the last penny out of them. Can't wait!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
:doesnotsuck: I think this is great. There's going to be so much potential for what people will be able to create with these. I can't wait.