• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Looks like everyone's busy. :)
Meanwhile I'm going to be busier next week than I thought. The warehouse moved up the biggest part of the store remodel to the 1st of June from the 15th. This means that my vacation had to be moved form the week of the 4th-11th to the 19th-25th. Would have been nice to get my birthday off but that won't happen this year.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Geeze, don't you love when work messes with your plans? I'm sure you're going to be happy when it's all done.

Terre

Renowned
Verrry happy when it's all over. Part of what already got done is good for new customers. The relative locations of some things will make sense. TO those of used to the store as it has been it's going to take a while to get used to the changes.
The thing is if it was anyone else there wouldn't be a problem with having a vacation at the originally planned. I just happen to be the ONE individual who has to be on hand due to new items and such.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Of course. I know whenever my local stores change up the location of things it almost pisses me off. I like to get in, get what I need, and get out again as quickly as possible, so getting used to new locations drives me crazy until I remember where everything is.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) I tried it awhile back, interesting little program. I think there's a plug-in that makes it compatible with Blender, so that you can create your own characters easily for Blender...but I haven't tried that part :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Make Human is sort of an open source character creator. That's probably not really the way to put it. But it's a way of making human figures that you are allowed to use as you wish. So for instance you can distribute them and sell them.

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks GG....I was thinking that it was for the purpose of creating free to use characters, but I was not entirely certain and didn't want to say that and be wrong. That's what makes it kinda neat...totally free to create whatever, for whatever use.

Definitely useful for Blender users, so Miss B, you have the advantage over the rest of us :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Looking for 1.3. Videos are promising.

Yeah, that's what I thought also. It definitely looks like it has some real promise.
This is the download page for the current version (1.2.0) : Download

I've downloaded it, but have yet to play with it... there's some other stuff I want to get done first, before I start playing with new toys. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone :) I played with the MakeHuman program a little over a year ago, and I could see great potential in it, especially if more clothing could be created in Blender, or whatever program would be compatible. I thought that Blender users would be interested in this. In the video tutorials listed above on YouTube, there are descriptions about rigging and animation in Blender, and creating clothing. I'd be interested in seeing the results of "playing", once your time is freed up to do so :)