• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) See now why it was difficult to identify the age range of this group...so I just made it "approaching senior", with GG and Seliah being the "youngsters"....haha. Just wanted Maja to know she was safe, in a predominately older hen party.

Maja, I'm sure we'd all appreciate a tutorial on dynamics. Awhile back I was trying to run a sim on a garment that had tassels, and I never did get control of them...the garment itself looked fine, but the tassels were behaving as if they were caught in the wind, flying all over the place, and they'd even have different placement every time I ran a sim...so it did leave me wondering how to use the various groups. We like solving puzzles here, so go for it, if you feel you have time. No pressure here, but just want to make sure you know that you're welcome to contribute stuff too. Some days I have to take things slower as well, other days I have extra time or energy.

skylab

Esteemed
More Andy and Manny, for fun :)

ARTSY ANDY and MANNY

ARTSY ANDY 2.jpg

ARTSY MANNY 1.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everyone :) ...just stopping by to say hello....have to get extra rest this afternoon since I've been busy with real life stuff today, and have be rested up to do errands tomorrow morning. Have a good day and I'll see you next time :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Quick freebie that looks interesting...a unique character, and apparently texture, for M4.

It does look interesting. I would have concerns about the download, though, as it is in .pz3 format, which means he is most likely distributing a .cr2. (I believe a .pz3 contains the .cr2 files? As well as anything else in the scene? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

As I understand it, that's not allowed (cr2 distribution)... if it were, we would not need to jump through hoops to produce INJ poses for morphs...

More Andy and Manny, for fun :)

And these poses are CUTE, Sky! Very fun and light-hearted indeed. Thank you. :D

Don't worry, Skylab. It's hard to pressure me, even for my boss .... ;)

I would definitely appreciate a tut on the cloth room for Poser. That's one area I haven't even touched yet. But like Sky said, there's no rush. If you get to it, you get to it. :)

Maja

Eager
It's said and done. Poser Cloth Room Tut has arrived. Touches only basics. Hope it helps however. If I missed something or something is wrong, please tell me.

Feel free to spread the file.

Have a nice and relaxing weekend everybody! :inlove:

Attachments

• Poser-dynamic-clothes.pdf
    895.9 KB · Views: 3,588

skylab

Esteemed
I'm fixing dinner and taking phone calls, but wanted to pop in and say thanks to Maja for the tutorial she's created :) I know it will be helpful to everyone.

And thanks for the info about the download Seliah. You were the one I was thinking of, since you like various older model characters....but you would know if things were not right, as far as distribution, so thanks for that input. And...hope you enjoy the poses...was in a light-hearted mood, sorta felt like dancing, so on-screen was the only option :)

Well, I'm on the phone with someone who can talk like a radio...haha...so see you all later :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's said and done. Poser Cloth Room Tut has arrived. Touches only basics. Hope it helps however. If I missed something or something is wrong, please tell me.

The basics is actually perfect for me, because I am literally starting at Zero when it comes to Poser's cloth room. :) Thank you very much, Ma'am. ^_^

And thanks for the info about the download Seliah. You were the one I was thinking of, since you like various older model characters....but you would know if things were not right, as far as distribution, so thanks for that input.

Well, I do like the way he looks. I just don't want to see the creator get into trouble! I may send him an email or something and let him know how to distribute safely. IPB works beautifully for the Gen3 and Gen4 figures, and it's simple to use. I really just don't want to see him run afoul of you-know-who is all. The last thing any creator needs is that kind of a headache.

Well, I'm on the phone with someone who can talk like a radio...haha...so see you all later

I know how that is. LOL. Talk with you later. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thank you from me too Maja. I've dabbled a little in the Cloth Room, but any and all "hints", no matter how basic or detailed, are greatly appreciated. :)

skylab

Esteemed
I checked back to the ShareCG download page, just to see if there have been any issues with the M4 character, and sure enough, folks are reporting an error when loading, and the creator has responded that it is only his second upload, so he is probably indeed unaware of what he needs to do for distribution. He may also be having problems filling out the upload information...example being, it defaults to "all rights reserved", and he has to choose whether it will be both noncommercial or commercial, and even the file choice of .pz3 is a choice selected during the upload process. So yeah, Seliah, looks like this guy could use a helping hand by someone who is experienced :)

Have a good evening everyone :sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Maja...or for you I should say good evening. It's the truth...that person who was on the phone has been a "radio" for about 20 years now...conversations are relatively easy, I just have to remember to say "yeah" and "uh-ha" every now and then :)