• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire Gorilla for Dusk

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
HiveWire 3D and Virtual World are excited to present

HIVEWIRE GORILLA FOR DUSK!!

Take a gentle jungle giant home with you!

Highly intelligent and strong, but generally docile, peaceful, and very social, Gorillas share over 98% of their genetic code with humans, so what better than a Gorilla based on a human? Now, you can have a Gorilla based on Dusk with a click or a twist of a dial!

Includes Black and Silverback colors and separate materials/options for DAZ Studio's Iray & 3Delight and for Poser's Firefly and Superfly Render engines.

Requires DUSK

Darryl

Adventurous
Hey cool! Another high quality animal for Poser (and Studio). Certainly well needed as many of the Poser compatible animal figures are getting long in the tooth. Making him a morph of the currently free Dusk adds value to the figure.

I always thought it was a brilliant move to provide animal figures that are less reliant on content add ons and the whims of content creators. Hopefully they'll provide some revenue as the human figures pickup steam (which they seem to be). I'll patiently await the dog, cats, zebra and gazelle.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hey cool! Another high quality animal for Poser (and Studio). Certainly well needed as many of the Poser compatible animal figures are getting long in the tooth. Making him a morph of the currently free Dusk adds value to the figure.

I think it's super cool that this is a morph for Dusk. It makes sense, but also allows a lot of possibilities for creating other creatures, as well as making a clothes Ape, if Plant of the Apes is your thing. Not to mention he just looks awesome in his own right. Man those teeth. . .

Darryl

Adventurous
I think it's super cool that this is a morph for Dusk. It makes sense, but also allows a lot of possibilities for creating other creatures, as well as making a clothes Ape, if Plant of the Apes is your thing. Not to mention he just looks awesome in his own right. Man those teeth. . .

Combined with the creature morphs who knows what you might come up with. I'd really like to see another body morph pack for the family though, either creature or toon or whatever.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I got my gorilla to and immediately had an idea… Of injecting baby Luna into him to create a baby gorilla? I can't remember right now if there was talk of a baby gorilla but I thought there was… Forgive me it takes a lot of clicks with my bad hand to go looking back through the threads.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Urgent! I don't think a PZ 3 belongs in "characters"?! This is exactly how I unpacked it for poser in my temporary runtime and I discovered what I expected to find were CR2's but instead I stopped and realized that they are the wrong format! I want to use the gorilla right away and I'm going to risk changing the PZ3 to a CR2 myself but it may not work… And certainly it needs fixing ASAP! I'm posting this here because other poser users may discover it soon and I will put this in that urgent ticket too!
gorillaBooBoo.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
PS it is up easy three which would be a poser file format or rather as seen it would open poser as is saved scene file so it's still wrong as I'm sure we would not be expected to open a new session in poser. It should be a character file right?!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
It sure doesn't work it's trying to open my preferred state of poser so it's definitely as scene file and I never open a pz3 that somebody else made, it's hard enough to keep my UI of poser set up the way I want without opening somebody else's. It did load dusk with a dark skin and the morphs were definitely not working… I.e. he would not come in as the gorilla so my effort to change the file format definitely doesn't work. I was just so anxious so I'll have to wait for enough date.

wait minute!! it actually SAYS pz3 in the readme too?? Why do poser users have to open a new session of poser to use this character!? Sorry... I'm so confused!

oh wait, I can load DUSK and INJECT the "character" and apply materials myself... so I CAN USE HIM NOW... sheesh! I hate my brain!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
There was a reason it was set up that way. Paul can chime in here but that likely won't be until tomorrow morning.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I got my gorilla to and immediately had an idea… Of injecting baby Luna into him to create a baby gorilla? I can't remember right now if there was talk of a baby gorilla but I thought there was… Forgive me it takes a lot of clicks with my bad hand to go looking back through the threads.

We did mention creating a baby gorilla and would still love to do that. If you simply combine the gorilla with Baby Luna the limbs collapse due to the extreme shaping of both figures. We'll do a baby by dialing in a portion of the gorilla and finesse the rest to get the desired results.