• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I saw a notice in my NY Times eNewsletter this morning. Definitely a sad day in country music. :(

The man was an institution.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I know the post is a few weeks old but just saw it and want to say I'm soooo happy to see you around Haigan! It's been billions of years it seems. :)
For your question: I use 12 to 20 frames for gaits and on occasion up to 100 for random idle animations. A choice of 12 and 24 frames would be the ideal in my case. :)
Thanks for chipping in, late or not, and thank you for the hello! It's been a few years, yes!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Portrait of My Paint II.
Remade the mane, tail and fetlocks textures and made a nw bump map.
This is what it looks like now.

paint-001b.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Portrait of My Paint II.
Remade the mane, tail and fetlocks textures and made a nw bump map.
This is what it looks like now.

View attachment 7708
You may wonder why I spend so much time looking at and enjoying other peoples work. I do it to keep my eye in training, old habit from college, to an artist it is all about hand eye coordination in life drawing class...In 3D it is all about training your eyes to see the details, so in a very real sense you are helping to train me....lol
Like in this picture the light source burnt out the shape that should be there just above the eye. Now I am not saying that is wrong, because it all depends on what the artist is trying to say, The important part is that I spotted it and now I can that the knowledge that I might want to look there in my own work. It is funny how the fight defined so nicely and washed things out in other areas just a bit, but that is life as an artist in 3D... I sure do love the face detail the hive wire horse has, it adds so much to the render....

Carey

Extraordinary
Yes, I saw a notice in my NY Times eNewsletter this morning. Definitely a sad day in country music. :(

The man was an institution.
In my house it was church, and country music every Sunday til supper time. Now me I am rock and roll, but after I turned fifty there abouts, Sunday became Old Country again, I laugh when I remember how I used to complain about having to listen to "mom's" music....all Sunday Afternoon.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I just used a seam checking light here because I wanted to show the mane.
But this light has no shadows and is not good for rendering for other purposes.
All the other lights seemed to cast such a heavy shadow that the mane looked almost black instead of white.
I also did not notice that somehow I put the coat texture on the cornea and that is why the eye looks odd.
I know it is that gremlin again doing that to try to drive me up the wall. :roflmao:

Carey

Extraordinary
I just used a seam checking light here because I wanted to show the mane.
But this light has no shadows and is not good for rendering for other purposes.
All the other lights seemed to cast such a heavy shadow that the mane looked almost black instead of white.
I also did not notice that somehow I put the coat texture on the cornea and that is why the eye looks odd.
I know it is that gremlin again doing that to try to drive me up the wall. :roflmao:
I can't believe you were able to make sense out of what I type, I was going to type it right, but then I got high....lol I have nights like that, my mind gets so far ahead of what my hands can do they just sort of go their own way for a moment...Getting old is so darn much fun... I am coming into my second childhood and typing like I am twelve years old again...lol

Thanks for sharing the information on the lighting and what you were highlighting, It allows me to understand better...

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The mane is still undergoing some work but is looking better.
I.ll be posting some images later in my WIP thread.