• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Two beauties and that is what I call them, "Chocolate Beauty) in two settings just for fun renders.
Still too tired and weak to do any real work...sigh.

Chocolate-BeautyHWH_0002.jpg
hocolate

Chocolate-BeautyHWH_0001.jpg

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
So, quick question for the interested: Standard frame rates for video are 24, 30 or 60 frames per second, and Poser's default animation length is 30 frames. Frame numbers for game sprites range from 3 to 20+. Muybridge (who pioneered photography sequences of horses in motion) seems to have worked with 12 frames or so. What's your preferred number of individual poses for a complete gait loop?
I know the post is a few weeks old but just saw it and want to say I'm soooo happy to see you around Haigan! It's been billions of years it seems. :)
For your question: I use 12 to 20 frames for gaits and on occasion up to 100 for random idle animations. A choice of 12 and 24 frames would be the ideal in my case. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Beautiful renders everyone!!

This is an old render, but the wisteria is blooming in my neighbors yard and it's just lovely hanging from the trees and fills my patio with such a sweet fragrance.

Harry the great and magnificent
Unicorn Morph for the Hivewire horse
CWRW's Mane and Tail 3 + tutorial tips
Butterflies are from the Ultimate Butterfly collection
Flair and Haze effects for the unicorn light for PS
Sparkles are by Patlash
Wisteria and Background are from photos
Lisa's Botanicals Curious Grasses and Vines

One Last Wistful Glance
One Last.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So pretty! I love Wisteria (I think it was the first thing I bought of Lisa's). And this makes me want to use it. (I like your butterflies too)
I haven't done anything with it as I couldn't find it in my runtime (her cherry trees and poppies I can but not the wisteria for some reason).
I'm doing a re-install of everything so hopefully I'll find it this time :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Lovely render NA. I don't remember if I have Wisteria. I have so many of Lisa's products from back in the days of DAZ, that I'd have to check my Product Library to be sure.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the tip Pen, I do use DIM (I have 2500 products to install :eek:) but I bought the wisteria here at HW so I don't think that goes through DIM but I just checked and its for Poser so that's prob why I can't find it :D (when everything else is finished uploading I'll check the poser runtime, as I only use Daz I forget to look in there)

NA, is that the Unicorn texture? I haven't used it before, it gives a nice dreamy effect if it is :inlove:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone!

Yes, that's the unicorn texture ........I can't remember right off hand what light settings I used to give it that glossy glow. I think I added a few lights.... maybe a spotlight. I have Lisa's wisteria also and her roses which are nice background fillers and even up close that wont overload your processor.

@Rae134 ,if you want some really really kewl wisteria images, google Japanese wisteria gardens. The images make you want to cry they are so mesmerizing! I can't wait to see what you will come up with!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
OMG! why did you make me google that! They are so beautiful!
I so want to grow them now (I have a spot where a seat under them would be perfect) but they don't grow in my climate :cry:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I had a blue wisteria growing over a huge pergola at my groundgripping previous place of residence. The new owners pulled down the pergola and chopped out the wisteria. 20 years and I still can't bear to look at what they did. Bloody vandals!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My mum and dad have wisteria growing over their pergola at the front of the house...it's just gorgeous when it's in flower! I forgot to mention before NA what a lovely image that is...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
One of the suburban cities in the San Gabriel Valley is Sierra Madre. It holds a wisteria festival every spring.
The wisteria in question is an altogether common wisteria which was planted in the 1890s by the porch of a common frame house. It was, of course, encouraged to climb over the porch.

It eventually crushed the porch. The house no longer stands, and some subsequent owner of the property decided to encourage it, building an ever expanding framework for the wisteria to climb over. When I saw it about a decade ago, it covered two residential lots. I gather it was in the Guiness book of records as the largest single *flowering* plant in the world. Don't know if it still holds that record. But I think it's still alive.

The trunk was enormous.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Beautiful renders here. Love that wisteria, too. Where I used to live the houses were fifteen feet apart and right next to my tiny driveway was the neighbors wisteria bush. The neighbor was an older lady who loved English cottage gardens and she was so proud of her wisteria. And it was beautiful! It grew up over an arbor she had made especially for it. The bees loved it, it smelled like heaven and it glowed in certain light.

in the warmer months of the year I remember going out to the car to take the kids to school in the morning and seeing that not only had I left the windows open but the wisteria had grown into the car overnight! I loved it! My hubby wasn't so thrilled. Grace, the older lady would always offer me a "slip" as she called it. Just take one, she said. And I never did.

She's gone now. Her beautiful wisteria, her cherry trees and her clematis are gone, too. I should have taken a slip!