• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here it is.

First is base Dawnime, second is the larger eye morph.

AnimeDawn64.JPG
AnimeDawn65.JPG

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Doesn't look like much perhaps but it took some time for this flattened teeth morph. This is my stylized version for those asking for a single flat upper and lower sheet for traditional anime teeth. I don't want to have to provide an extra set, but am hoping this version with suffice. For this character I think it's more than fine.

Default teeth in the first image, and the flattened morph in the second screen grab.

By smoothing out the teeth like that you have opend the door for a tooth cover figure to be created.
A shell figure that could fit over the teeth to make them apear as they are not seperated.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I am not into this genre, but I love this figure! She will be a must-have for me to use as a fantasy fairy type character. :)

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Something I have not seen mention of yet, anime Dawn is eight heads tall and her shoulders and hips are the same width. Those proportions are great for the artistic, comic hero, fantasy, or other.

I know some (not all) people try for realism but there s a downside to trying for realism; especially when your looking at a model on a magazine cover, it is (usually) not a raw photo, it is photo-shopped to the point they are almost a cartoon. Then there are the real photos we take daily, they (usually) look terrible, blurred, pixilated, weird artifacts, not level, horrible lighting.

Even though this new Dawn has been dubbed Anime, she’s pushing towards artistic, comic hero, fantasy, or other. I believe this is the reason for some of the comments I’ve read about -not liking Anime, but likening this figure- comes from. Me personally, I don’t like anime at all. However, I love this new incarnation of Dawn. I hope she helps people to relax, loosen up and try something new.

AnimeDawn67[1].JPG

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I have a question… Since these seem to be morphs of the base Dawn then she does not have to be re-rigged, right? Hopefully this means we can see her in the store sooner rather than later :)