• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I have a question… Since these seem to be morphs of the base Dawn then she does not have to be re-rigged, right? Hopefully this means we can see her in the store sooner rather than later :)
I don't think she will need rerigging Lyne. It's mainly extreme morphs like when I did Diva that need the rigging realigned.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Oh, no. It just occurred to me that I should not have made notes on Chris’s screengrab without asking. After I logged in just now I seen the image I made notes on in the random image roulette. I hope we’re cool, please don’t punch me in the face.

uh oh.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I have a question… Since these seem to be morphs of the base Dawn then she does not have to be re-rigged, right? Hopefully this means we can see her in the store sooner rather than later :)

Most definitely!!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Dawnime (or whatever her name will end up being), is actually a skoosh over 8 heads tall. I don't include the hair height, and only measure from top of head to bottom of her heel. Typical head measurements of idealized body proportions are head 2 to nipple line, head 3 to navel line, head 4 to pubic bone, and so on. The added height of Dawnime comes from her long legs.

AnimeDawn78.JPG
AnimeDawn79.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
A few name suggestions! All are Japanese!

Hikaru Cho (ray of light born at dawn)

Sakura ( cherry blossom) ( I can see the promo images using Lisa's cherry tree model)

Yoake (dawn)

Akatsuki (sunrise)

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A few name suggestions! All are Japanese!

Hikaru Cho (ray of light born at dawn)

Sakura ( cherry blossom) ( I can see the promo images using Lisa's cherry tree model)

Yoake (dawn)

Akatsuki (sunrise)

Yeah these are some nice ones. Yoake has been on my short list too. Mizuki was my pick but another product came out with that name. I'll present some more too here in a couple days.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Outfit is finished for the UV work now. Feel good about that. I just pushed over the boot so you can see it better here on the UV grid.

AnimeDawn80.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Needs a big weapon too right? Maybe a short double barrel shotgun.
NO not big GINORMOUS !! (LOL) How about a triple barrel?

or Triple barrel pistol or a pair of them? This actually is a flare gun! =P

You might could fashion a holster on the opposite side of the shells on the belt for a shotgun, or kind of odd but keeping with the Anime feel two boot holsters if you went with the pistols that would fit over the upper boot shaft.

P.S.: I like Mizuki (omen of hope) to bad it's already taken!

Last edited:

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I have to stop looking in this thread. It’s distracting me, I need to finish up my latest project. My latest project is almost finished for Dawn but I want to release it when Anime Dawn comes out so I can have it work for both versions of Dawn.

I’ve got ideas for the top neck part and weapons. I’m going to attach a sketch of my idea for a top piece. The clothing add-on is inspired by Voltron’s Princess Allura costume. Chris, if you want to take these ideas and run with them go for it. I’m really inspired and want to make these things as an add-on, but having a full time job I can only do so much on the weekends. I will love to do it, but if I do it I can guarantee you all will be waiting another month or longer. and I can only make DS versions :(

Ideas for the weapons too. The outfit she is currently wearing makes her unique. I don’t think anyone else mentioned she’s left handed. Those shells are on her right, she would hold the weapon in her left hand, reload with her right hand.

The sword should mirror her image. She is beautiful, tall and will hurt you in a hurry; the sword should mirror that. The sword should also be streamlined, sharp and clean.
What if she had a unique sword/gun, and the shells loaded into the sword? That would explain why she does not need too many shells, she prefers to fight toe to toe, but on the rare occasion she needs to hit something out of arms reach (boom) I’m feeling a streamlined futuristic version of a Japanese Nambu pistol sword. Only it’s crafted from a futuristic looking shotgun pistol instead of a world war 2 pistol. Japanese Nambu pistol sword - Google Search

The shells on her belt could also be removed and replaced with other things like knives, bombs, lipstick. Her whole persona just reads, I’m going to hurt you and look good doing it.

AnimeDawn67[3].JPG