• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
There's a quite lot of content for Dawn at Rendo, and I've bought a heap of it. Clothes, characters, poses and textures. A lot I needed to convert to DS but I didn't mind doing that. There hasn't been a lot released lately. But I still have a lot of things to get off my wishlist and adding the dynamic clothing to it as well.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh, then there *is* enough Dawn contents for Dawn at RO, and that stand alone Dawnime idea might actually work in those sites. It just seems a bit redundant here, though. :)

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Hmm, that might be related to the HW3D exclusivity deal, where royalties are cut down if we sell elsewhere. I remember Rosity also had a deal, where they give you extra advertisement privileges if you give them exclusivity. If not for that, vendors would probably also sell their products in other stores as well, making them more widely available. So sometimes vendors have to choose where they want to sell a product, except for Content Paradise, which has no exclusivity deals. That's why products I sell at CP are not here and vice-versa.

In a way that's bad, because if RO customers see Dawn, but no contents, chances are they will not buy it. I think that's the reason why the majority of Dawn contents are concentrated here. That might be one reason why it may not matter if Dawnime is sold as a morph or a stand alone figure, because people need to see contents to adopt a new figure, and it's mostly concentrated here. Based on what I've read from above, people who come here already have Dawn, so a stand alone version of Dawnime may serve no purpose in the end.
I also agree about the content and support make a figure more worth having. I also think from time to time that all the vendors here need to come together and collaborate on a theme and push out contents on that one theme and also have times where they make specific types of clothes for one figure. Content is what keeps figures alive. Look at V4. Even though she is now considered a bad character that's not workable out of the box without a number of fixes that you have to purchase separately, basically she is nothing more than an inferior figure now. The reason she is still going today is that she has loads of stuff that's available for her giving artists endless possibilities as to what they can make with her. Dawn in my opinion is a way better figure than V4 so if we gave her the kind of support and content that they gave V4 you would see Dawn's popularity explode. And as much as I hate saying it, because I love the more realistic figures, but a supermodel type Dawn would do really well I think. But they main thing is support and content.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And as much as I hate saying it, because I love the more realistic figures, but a supermodel type Dawn would do really well I think. But they main thing is support and content.

This has been proven over again with DAZ figures, from V3 all the way to Gen3F. They all had multiple "supermodel" morph packs that become the most rendered in galleries. One example in particular was Blackhearted's "Irina" morphs for Stephanie3, which brought a forgotten figure back from obscurity - and it STILL sells nowadays. More recently he did the same to unlikely default Poser figures such as Alyson2 and Ryan2, with his "Girl Next Door" morph series for them. Considering the results with such unlikely figures, imagine what could be done with a great one like Dawn! According to what I've seen from this market in the last 10 years, this is the way to go. But I understand HW3D has other priorities to broaden and diversify the company portfolio.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B I like that one too. It would be a blast if Dawn could have something like that. ^^

On theme collaboration, we have recently done that with the Tarzan themed campaign for Dusk. That is an ongoing project many of us are still working on. ^^

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Another thing I also see from the higher selling vendors is also they have a Deviant Art account and they promote their products there and they also promote their products in the Daz and Poser groups over at Facebook as well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't do social networking, so sites like Facebook and Twitter are not in my puriew. Deviant Art, however, I can see, though I had a friend years ago, when I was still just doing 2D graphics, who tried to get me to join, but the name of the site just turned me off. Now-a-days, it doesn't bother me, but back then I cringed and walked on by, if you know what I mean.

Of course, over the years I've visited the site for one reason or another, especially when I was playing with my fractal software constantly, so I know the site doesn't necessarily live up to the impression I first got from the name. It just sounds catchier than Diverse Art, so it doesn't bother me that much. Back then I only had one site with limited resources. Now I have 4, and one of them was an old blog site that has been sitting there waiting for me to turn it into a gallery. ;)

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
The reason I mentioned the Facebook groups is that they usually have alot of members who follow the groups and post so that would be alot of potential customers The Daz Studio Artist group has over 2,000 members alone. And if someone likes your product they are more likely to share the link on their timeline so more people are seeing your products. And you can also build a page and get fans and having a way of communicating with your customers. I have heard people say they sell more when they have a good way to communicate with their customers or fans who become potential or future customers. And most of those who specialize in Marketing will tell you that you should include social media in with your marketing plan.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I'm guilty of not uploading my renders to Facebook but mainly because they are on my computer and I mostly FB on my phone. I shall get into the habit of uploading to FB straight after I upload to here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I agree CG, and if I had a business, I would have that business featured on Facebook, but as a 3D products end user, I don't feel it necessary to have a personal page up on Facebook. I do my "socializing" on my forums and whatever chat app I'm currently using.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well as to a new release, the Dawn SE bundle turned up on Rendo within the last week or so. It's fairly pricy, but it looks good. Don't know whether it's generated many sales though.

Lisa and I have been contacted by Rendo starting last February I think. I mean we've done things with them in the past. They joined us on the release of Dawn in the beginning. But, when we were going to introduce Dusk we reached out to Rendo and other places and hit a road block at the time with Rendo on co-marketing Dusk. But just recently they've reached out to us wanting to do several projects together. So we've been framing those out and getting a feel for what that will look like. The latest project with them is creating products for Dawn S.E. So we repackaged our Dawn Community bundle to be a Dawn S.E. bundle and you'll see Rendo vendors creating content for our Dawn. More to come on when they'll release these combined products. But if it all goes well, we can hope to expect more will follow with our other core HiveWire figure products.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I have been reading the posts here all weekend. My wife and I have been out of town Friday, Saturday and most of today. It was great for she and I to get away. We went up to Park City to relax a bit. So a quick side note here, here's what my wife had for lunch today. I cracked it up and saved her from having to do that to the lobster.

Lorie's Lunch.jpg

I've really enjoyed reading what folks are saying and suggesting here. Still needing input from the HiveWire team and Lisa, but I would think we'll do one or the other and not both, that is, as far as the stand alone or a Dawn morphed character goes. I do believe now that we'll probably be creating this "Dawnime" as a morphed character based on the valuable input generated here by you kind folks. Great things being shared by experienced, wise and concerned people.

Sure appreciate your insights. Good, good!

Oh, and yeah... that lobster was awesome!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oh I agree CG, and if I had a business, I would have that business featured on Facebook, but as a 3D products end user, I don't feel it necessary to have a personal page up on Facebook. I do my "socializing" on my forums and whatever chat app I'm currently using.
I have avoided FB as I absolutely hate it but you're both right as a business it is necessary. My daughter's uni course is on communications(PR) and marketing and she had to sign back up to facebook(she had gotten rid of it).
Lisa and I have been contacted by Rendo starting last February I think. I mean we've done things with them in the past. They joined us on the release of Dawn in the beginning. But, when we were going to introduce Dusk we reached out to Rendo and other places and hit a road block at the time with Rendo on co-marketing Dusk. But just recently they've reached out to us wanting to do several projects together. So we've been framing those out and getting a feel for what that will look like. The latest project with them is creating products for Dawn S.E. So we repackaged our Dawn Community bundle to be a Dawn S.E. bundle and you'll see Rendo vendors creating content for our Dawn. More to come on when they'll release these combined products. But if it all goes well, we can hope to expect more will follow with our other core HiveWire figure products.
So pleased to hear this Chris...

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I have been reading the posts here all weekend. My wife and I have been out of town Friday, Saturday and most of today. It was great for she and I to get away. We went up to Park City to relax a bit. So a quick side note here, here's what my wife had for lunch today. I cracked it up and saved her from having to do that to the lobster.

View attachment 7362

I've really enjoyed reading what folks are saying and suggesting here. Still needing input from the HiveWire team and Lisa, but I would think we'll do one or the other and not both, that is, as far as the stand alone or a Dawn morphed character goes. I do believe now that we'll probably be creating this "Dawnime" as a morphed character based on the valuable input generated here by you kind folks. Great things being shared by experienced, wise and concerned people.

Sure appreciate your insights. Good, good!

Oh, and yeah... that lobster was awesome!

Oh man lobster. I'm drooling!! I hope we can pull of a crawfish boil for my birthday this month. It's coming up on the 17th. I haven't had boiled crawfish in years!