• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Why? Were the boots made of goat leather? Or is it something else?
Nothing to do with the boots, but the hats was made from goat skin ;)
I know Poland very well, but never seen there Goats in boots. Where did you find them? Should look closer :cautious::roflmao:
Not much to do with Poland , the name is derived from the Turkic kazak (free man), meaning anyone who could not find his appropriate place in society and went into the steppes, where he acknowledged no authority. By the end of the 15th century the name acquired a wider sense and was applied to those Ukrainians who went into the steppes to practice various trades and engage in hunting, fishing, beekeeping, the collection of salt and saltpeter, and so on.
For that reason they call them Goats as they were living free in the steps by their own rules, plus the name resample polish word Koza for goat so it was bad nickname . The whole history is long and not always pretty, Ukraine was partially polish until WW2 since at the time the other part belongs to Soviet Union.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Wow, I will never see Cossacks the same now that I know this story! Whether it is true or not, it was worth the paintings. :roflmao:
there is more to the store, they were very brave people and warriors , they keeps the Tatars away from Europe, fighting the Turkish army , they just prefer the barbarian lifestyle and be free.
there is a long history about Cossacks ! and I am still thinking if the polish word for boots was influenced by Cossacks , because that would make sense. Long time ago Poland and Ukraine was united as one kingdom fighting the same enemies. East Tatars and South Turkish , but Cossacks was always independent warriors .
I remember back in time people calling others Cossacks if they acting odd or try to prove they are more brave than others..
they were saying: Oh look pretending to be a Cossack ! like saying, don't be too much up-front or you will have not enough in the back ..

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There so many interesting hidden stories about Europe, like the Germanic Vandals from southern Poland. They have crossed Europe from one side to the other, settling down in southern Spain, creating such a unique culture in Andalusia that it's like a country inside a country. Some claim they were the ones who brought down the Roman empire. Though not more destructive than other barbarian invaders, they are the ones who got their name associated with "vandalism" worldwide much later for having plundered the city of Rome for 2 weeks in a row back in 455.

I have found out about the Vandals when I composed a Flamenco music track for an animation, and put the Spain flag on it. Well, a Spaniard called me back claiming that music is NOT from Spain, but instead from Andalusia, which has its own flag. I was perplexed, since Andalusia is IN Spain, but he told me they have their own music and culture that is quite different from the rest of Spain. It was like he was almost offended by my claim that Flamenco would be music from Spain. My mistake! Living and learning. :)

PS: Putting things in perspective, Gaucho cowboys here in southern Brazil have a unique culture and music that is radically different from the rest of the country, so if someone from outside would claim that Gaucho music would represent all of Brazilian music, I would also disagree.

Last edited:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Nothing to do with the boots, but the hats was made from goat skin
Yes, I know. Have ancestor from Hungarian and know from there Hussar very well. They fight with Cossacks during the turbulent History from Europe many times. They was feared because incredible skilled and brave .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I just finished 51 round around the sun today , feeling good , the new journey started just wonderful! ;)
My favor, B-day present of today , thank you to my big brother , just right in time for my new project
Amazing book !

Attachments

• DSC_0493.JPG
    DSC_0493.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_0494.JPG
    DSC_0494.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There is also the "Stop Staring" book by Osipa and it's very good for modeling and face topology and making expressions. :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
There is also the "Stop Staring" book by Osipa and it's very good for modeling and face topology and making expressions. :)
I know the book , but I love this serie as I have couple of them already , for realistic modeling , based on what I learned in college just now with pictures ;)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I just finished 51 round around the sun today , feeling good , the new journey started just wonderful! ;)
My favor, B-day present of today , thank you to my big brother , just right in time for my new project
Amazing book !
I gifted this book a few months ago to my little Zoé. She is drawing since she can hold a pen and since Covid lockdowns she begin to draw realistic human. Before she was drawing Dragons and Anime/Manga. For a 15 year old she is very, very good, so I decided to buy her anatomic books for Artists. Good invest.
Amazing book.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Belated birthday wishes to you Cath. I hope your special day was filled with much love and laughter. That book looks intense. ENJOY! :balloon03: