• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
In the UK one official body recently had to reprimand the UK Government for inflating the figures in what appeared to be an attempt to make the facts justify their actions.

Trouble is the writing has been on the walls for years. Up until the pandemic the biggest compliant against social media was the stealing and misuse of peoples data, no one seemed to care much about the ability to wrap absurd and dangerous opinions up as facts. What is now called fake news looked dangerous, only now when it is helping to kill people in thousands are we beginning to understand it true power to corrupt. That is worrying enough but even before we can fully understand the danger of this the next threat is already with us...........Artificial Intelligence.

Could not agree more. I am on no one social media. Use You tube only for tutorials, music , education,or some silly stuff. Politique does not interest me much, read in the morning for 10-15 minutes Le Figaro and move on to Pinterest, Artstation.
I have no real political opinion, the last presidential election I vote for Fillon, after he get out, I vote blanc. So, nothing dramatique.
I care only about the environments , animal causes and I am supporting org. like Freedom United ( against child labour and slavery) I support
Rainforest org and many little shelter for animals.
When I want to find out facts, i almost never rely on news, I go to the official sites and download the PDF files with the numbers.
Cost a bit time , but there I can make up my own opinion without to get brainwashed from left and right.

Hornet3d

Wise
Could not agree more. I am on no one social media. Use You tube only for tutorials, music , education,or some silly stuff. Politique does not interest me much, read in the morning for 10-15 minutes Le Figaro and move on to Pinterest, Artstation.
I have no real political opinion, the last presidential election I vote for Fillon, after he get out, I vote blanc. So, nothing dramatique.
I care only about the environments , animal causes and I am supporting org. like Freedom United ( against child labour and slavery) I support
When I want to find out facts, i almost never rely on news, I go to the official sites and download the PDF files with the numbers.
Cost a bit time , but there I can make up my own opinion without to get brainwashed from left and right.

Not a million miles away from my views and habits, sadly I think we are heavily in the minority.

McGyver

Energetic
I have no words that can convey my horror at what I see in the USA, covid is a killer worldwide but there are ways that it can be limited at least. To look at the figure of those that have died and then try to imagine the number of people hurt by each death is unbearable to imagine. To fear that the peak has yet to be reached is a fear that is hard to cope with. I only hope and pray that, for whatever reason, that there is a better future than the one appears to likely. I hope those that have ignored the truth of the virus and who have either actively or passively allowed it to reach this level can live with themselves if it takes someone close to them.
Yeah... That it’s been allowed to come to this is unconscionable.
The most simple and effective preventive measure being turned into a “controversial topic“ is insane and immoral.

Back a few months ago I likened masks to mosquito nets helping to prevent malaria...
Will the nets eliminate malaria?
No, of course not... they don’t protect you from it when you are out walking, they can have a hole or be improperly set up and a mosquito might get in... But they do increase your odds of NOT getting it.
And that’s the same point about masks... you want to decrease your odds of getting it, because it’s infinitely stupid to increase your odds of dying from it or spreading it because the preventative measure is inconvenient or makes you look weak.

I didn’t bring it up when it happened, but back in January my father-in-law died of a respiratory illness...
My wife’s parents live with us in a separate addition they built onto our house, we all live together and they have been a wonderful influence on my children lives... on all our lives.
I was very close to my father-in-law, he was a wonderful person full of wisdom and logic and my wife and kids adored him...
But a few weeks before the pandemic officially began, at a point where some believe the pandemic already had arrived here, my father-in-law went for a routine doctor visit and noted how many people there were coughing and very ill...
Within a few days he was ill himself and within a few more he was taken off life support.
At that point there was probably no way of actually knowing if the virus was responsible, but in my life I’ve been to emergency rooms many, many times and I’ve never ever seen so many people with respiratory illness coughing as badly as that night in the ER... it was like a scene from a zombie movie where the ER is flooded with sick people, but nobody realizes there is a contagion...
It was alarming enough that I made sure we kept away from everyone there, trying our best to stay in a corner area.
I felt something was definitely up, even though the virus wasn’t “a thing” yet.
Regardless, my father-in-law’s death was devastating to everyone and given the timeframe, probably unavoidable...
It still caused everyone here and in my wife’s family, unimaginable pain and sorrow.

Yet, here in this country and many other places we see so many people arguing and fighting for their ability to visit this grief upon others for absolutely no reason other than common selfishness and arrogance.
They can dress the argument up any way they like it, but that is the underlying source... selfishness and arrogance.
If you want to dance on the rim of a volcano, raise murder hornets in your pants or bathe with hungry piranhas, then by all means go for it...
I’d prefer you don’t, but if someone is stubborn and unreasonable, you usually can’t stop them or convince them otherwise.
But if you want to risk dragging others along with you because you don’t care, then no, you don’t get to make that call for others.

Its like arguing you have the right to drive a school bus full of kids while completely intoxicated, because you don’t like being sober.
Screw that.
I look at the pain my family experienced and think of the families of the 200,000 plus people here in the U.S. that died*... the dead don’t suffer once they are gone, but those left behind do... for some those scars will never heal.
Many, if not most never got a chance to say goodbye or hold the hands of their loved ones.
I feel fortunate that at least because of when it occurred, we did.
How cruel and heartless is it to allow others, not just to lose their loved ones, but to know they won’t be able to hold their hands or say goodbye.
For no good reason.
None.
Even if one thinks they are immune or the chances are slim of them spreading it, it’s still selfish and to risk others, to risk lives to risk bringing misery and sorrow to others, all so you can feel a sense of having owned that argument or to have flipped someone else the bird in defiance.
My team won... yeah, we rule!... So what if families are ripped apart or others have to live with permanent illness... We showed those weakling!
For so many the results, the outcome could have been so much better, had some who stood in places where their words could save lives, not decided to turn a virtually effortless/painless and logical decision into a raging dumpster fire of division and vitriol.
Words could never fully express my contempt for that reasoning, for that behavior and lack of conscience.

After 9-11, I was truly proud of how so many people expressed support with us New Yorkers... the nation saw a threat and showed solidarity, the nation saw pain and destruction and gave support... it wasn’t an attack on a few people it was an attack on everyone...
Yet when a foe emerged that threatened everyone, that threatened all mankind... some instead saw an opportunity to turn a crisis for all into a chance to define sides.

Hopefully this will turn around soon, but even that I worry about because of how deep some decided to inflict division upon this nation and how this was turned into something it should never have been about.

I think of something my mother told me about when she was talking about the horrors she saw as a young girl during the bombardment of her city in WW2...

”If you are lucky, you can forget the carnage, the pain and destruction you witnessed... you have to do so to move on, to live... if you are even more lucky, you can still remember those you lost.
But never, never let yourself forget the path that lead to these horrors... if not for yourself, for those that were lost... so others may never again face that same kind of world.”

Sadly for her the choices others made set in motion events that would lead to a nightmare she could never forget, that which haunted her to her last days.

I hope that one day people will learn from the heartless mistakes and arrogant decisions made during this pandemic and when confronted by an opportunity to repeat those mistakes, find it in their hearts to think not of how they can benefit from the situation, but how they can make the world a better place for everyone.

Sorry for the long post.

May you all stay safe and healthy.

*I‘m not forgetting the rest of the world, but at the moment I’m speaking of something particular to the U.S.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yeah... That it’s been allowed to come to this is unconscionable.
The most simple and effective preventive measure being turned into a “controversial topic“ is insane and immoral.

Back a few months ago I likened masks to mosquito nets helping to prevent malaria...
Will the nets eliminate malaria?
No, of course not... they don’t protect you from it when you are out walking, they can have a hole or be improperly set up and a mosquito might get in... But they do increase your odds of NOT getting it.
And that’s the same point about masks... you want to decrease your odds of getting it, because it’s infinitely stupid to increase your odds of dying from it or spreading it because the preventative measure is inconvenient or makes you look weak.

I didn’t bring it up when it happened, but back in January my father-in-law died of a respiratory illness...
My wife’s parents live with us in a separate addition they built onto our house, we all live together and they have been a wonderful influence on my children lives... on all our lives.
I was very close to my father-in-law, he was a wonderful person full of wisdom and logic and my wife and kids adored him...
But a few weeks before the pandemic officially began, at a point where some believe the pandemic already had arrived here, my father-in-law went for a routine doctor visit and noted how many people there were coughing and very ill...
Within a few days he was ill himself and within a few more he was taken off life support.
At that point there was probably no way of actually knowing if the virus was responsible, but in my life I’ve been to emergency rooms many, many times and I’ve never ever seen so many people with respiratory illness coughing as badly as that night in the ER... it was like a scene from a zombie movie where the ER is flooded with sick people, but nobody realizes there is a contagion...
It was alarming enough that I made sure we kept away from everyone there, trying our best to stay in a corner area.
I felt something was definitely up, even though the virus wasn’t “a thing” yet.
Regardless, my father-in-law’s death was devastating to everyone and given the timeframe, probably unavoidable...
It still caused everyone here and in my wife’s family, unimaginable pain and sorrow.

Yet, here in this country and many other places we see so many people arguing and fighting for their ability to visit this grief upon others for absolutely no reason other than common selfishness and arrogance.
They can dress the argument up any way they like it, but that is the underlying source... selfishness and arrogance.
If you want to dance on the rim of a volcano, raise murder hornets in your pants or bathe with hungry piranhas, then by all means go for it...
I’d prefer you don’t, but if someone is stubborn and unreasonable, you usually can’t stop them or convince them otherwise.
But if you want to risk dragging others along with you because you don’t care, then no, you don’t get to make that call for others.

Its like arguing you have the right to drive a school bus full of kids while completely intoxicated, because you don’t like being sober.
Screw that.
I look at the pain my family experienced and think of the families of the 200,000 plus people here in the U.S. that died*... the dead don’t suffer once they are gone, but those left behind do... for some those scars will never heal.
Many, if not most never got a chance to say goodbye or hold the hands of their loved ones.
I feel fortunate that at least because of when it occurred, we did.
How cruel and heartless is it to allow others, not just to lose their loved ones, but to know they won’t be able to hold their hands or say goodbye.
For no good reason.
None.
Even if one thinks they are immune or the chances are slim of them spreading it, it’s still selfish and to risk others, to risk lives to risk bringing misery and sorrow to others, all so you can feel a sense of having owned that argument or to have flipped someone else the bird in defiance.
My team won... yeah, we rule!... So what if families are ripped apart or others have to live with permanent illness... We showed those weakling!
For so many the results, the outcome could have been so much better, had some who stood in places where their words could save lives, not decided to turn a virtually effortless/painless and logical decision into a raging dumpster fire of division and vitriol.
Words could never fully express my contempt for that reasoning, for that behavior and lack of conscience.

After 9-11, I was truly proud of how so many people expressed support with us New Yorkers... the nation saw a threat and showed solidarity, the nation saw pain and destruction and gave support... it wasn’t an attack on a few people it was an attack on everyone...
Yet when a foe emerged that threatened everyone, that threatened all mankind... some instead saw an opportunity to turn a crisis for all into a chance to define sides.

Hopefully this will turn around soon, but even that I worry about because of how deep some decided to inflict division upon this nation and how this was turned into something it should never have been about.

I think of something my mother told me about when she was talking about the horrors she saw as a young girl during the bombardment of her city in WW2...

”If you are lucky, you can forget the carnage, the pain and destruction you witnessed... you have to do so to move on, to live... if you are even more lucky, you can still remember those you lost.
But never, never let yourself forget the path that lead to these horrors... if not for yourself, for those that were lost... so others may never again face that same kind of world.”

Sadly for her the choices others made set in motion events that would lead to a nightmare she could never forget, that which haunted her to her last days.

I hope that one day people will learn from the heartless mistakes and arrogant decisions made during this pandemic and when confronted by an opportunity to repeat those mistakes, find it in their hearts to think not of how they can benefit from the situation, but how they can make the world a better place for everyone.

Sorry for the long post.

May you all stay safe and healthy.

*I‘m not forgetting the rest of the world, but at the moment I’m speaking of something particular to the U.S.

It is a problem in the whole world but you appear to have bigger problems in the U.S than most,. I well understand your focus. I pray for everyone every night even those who do not wear masks but I also pray they see the light before they pay the ultimate price.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
McG, so sad to hear about your Father-in-law :(.

It is my sincere hope that people will stop treating mask wearing as political statements, or "violations of their rights", and start to think of it as a way to protect their fellow citizens.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Condolences to you McG, your wife, your mother-in-law, and the kids.

Every time I see someone walking around in my neighborhood without a mask, I want to bang their head against the nearest tree in order to knock some sense into them. Unfortunately, I don't feel like getting arrested. Wearing a mask for long periods of time, especially when I'm out on one of my power walks, where I walk a bit faster than I normally do, it's hard, and I'm not happy with the extra burden of not being able to breathe as easily as when I'm not wearing a mask, but I refuse to jeopardize myself, or anyone I come in contact with, so I take it a little easier when I'm out walking, as I was about 20 mins. ago, and wish everyone who doesn't wear a mask doesn't become the next Covid-19 victim.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I do same thing. Never watch news. Look up stuff myself.

Masks have become a political statement but even so they just make sense.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I do same thing. Never watch news. Look up stuff myself.

Masks have become a political statement but even so they just make sense.
As far as I can see, in France, all the people wearing masks. In the big shopping center in Orléans where we use to shop, here in Sully/Saint-Benoît-sur-Loire where I live. When we had to travel to the Jura our new home, everybody I see on the road, in stores, wear masks.
When we was in holidays this summer Vendée/Atlantique ocean, in the little cities around, was mask obligatoire in the city center.
We wear masks when we go out for shopping. Only when we are in the fields we have none, because the possibility to infect or get infected is here Zero. Open empty fields , almost no people and when than so far away that you never meet them face to face.
For the first confinement,most of the people agree . They stayed at home and used the online shopping for their stuff. Like us, we used mostly the drive in shopping from the supermarket. (You order online and later pick the stuff up 2 hours later comfortable finished packed from the distribution center without to leave your car.(Most of the time at last) .
We , my husband and me had for 2 weeks full confinement because tested both positive. We comply without problem , even when we was even not able to make a short walk. Fortunately we have a garden for the dogs, otherwise it would be critical.
The problems is not that people are egoistic , most of them are not.
The problem is that the rules makes no sense and they are not willing to sacrifie anymore their live. To loose your job and income is not a little.
To don't know how to pay your bills next month, with children , to see how you loose your whole existence and get dumped in poverty is not a small sacrifie. The rules are absolutely silly and people just don't want to go further in misery.
This has nothing to do with egoism's, but desperation.
When a gov.comes to the conclusion the in the Métro you can not get infected :mad:, but when you visit a bookstore with maybe 2-3 people inside yes, than they have a credibility problem.
When they lock you up and you can not leave your home, but borders are wide open , where people from all over the world can enter, than people just don't believe them anymore.
No, people are not egoistic , the majority is not, but now they are desperate. They need to work to pay their bill, feed children. Little shop owner who worked their whole live to build up a small existence are ruined, desperate.
A shop owner from the Vosges where we lived before, he had a store with news magazine, little books and souvenirs. I used to buy in his shop when we lived there. He take his live last week . because bankrupt . He was 38 years old. He leaves back 3 children and his wife. Another side of Covid 19. :(

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I know right. What really made me wonder is how they pick and choose who can do what. Protesting in crowds no lock down. All others stay inside. Seriously what?

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I know right. What really made me wonder is how they pick and choose who can do what. Protesting in crowds no lock down. All others stay inside. Seriously what?

Janet, I have no idea. The rules makes no sense. Are hard to understand.
The shopping mall we use to go in Chécy - Orléans had to lock down all the small store. The huge supermarket is open and crowded.
I use to shop here my cosmetic stuff, store from Yves Rocher. They had very restrictive Covid rules, only 3 people allowed at the same time in the store, mask obligatoire, and you had to des-infect your hand before enter the store.
They are closed down too. Where is here the risk?
Why can people in Paris use the filthy, crowded Métro, but not go in parks?
No idea , honestly.

Hornet3d

Wise

“All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.

― Edmund Burke

I fear for everyone in the U.S. as I watch the pandemic numbers rise day after day with little restraint. I cannot understand how wearing a mask can be political and I am bewildered by what appears to paralysis and the apparent inability to work together.

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out because I was not a communist.
Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out because I was not a socialist.
Then they came for the labor leaders, but I did not speak out because I was not a unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
As one day became another and others disappeared, gypsies, mentally retarded, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, criminals, anti-socials and emigrants, I remained silent because I was not one of them.
Then it was they came for me, but no one spoke for me because by then there was no one left to speak.
Martin Niemoller,1945.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Why can people in Paris use the filthy, crowded Métro, but not go in parks?
No idea , honestly.
Here in NY they shut down all trains for several hours every day so they can all be cleaned and sanitized. The 2 or 3 times I've used the trains or buses in the past few months to go to doctor's appointments, I took a good look at the cars, seats, poles and such, and they all look clean. They weren't over crowded either, but then that may have been because of the early afternoon hours I was on the trains.

Still I had a light-weight jacket on over my shoulders during the warmer months so none of my bare skin was touching any part of the seats or poles, and I always wore vinyl gloves. I can't tell you how many times I've seen folks on the trains or buses around here with bare hands. ~shakes head~

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Here in NY they shut down all trains for several hours every day so they can all be cleaned and sanitized. The 2 or 3 times I've used the trains or buses in the past few months to go to doctor's appointments, I took a good look at the cars, seats, poles and such, and they all look clean. They weren't over crowded either, but then that may have been because of the early afternoon hours I was on the trains.

Still I had a light-weight jacket on over my shoulders during the warmer months so none of my bare skin was touching any part of the seats or poles, and I always wore vinyl gloves. I can't tell you how many times I've seen folks on the trains or buses around here with bare hands. ~shakes head~

They sanitize the Métro in Paris too a few times per day. But still filthy.
However today Macron and his team are searching for an exit from the confinement without to loose their face. Our économie is collapsing. Now they look for an equilibrium :whistling:

robert952

Brilliant
I have observed on many occasions that individually people tend to be smart. But put people in a crowd and they become stupid.

Best recent example, the fans storming the field after the Notre Dame v Clemson football game. A lot were wearing masks - smart individual choice. But they ran onto the field and threw social distancing out the window - so much for crowd wisdom.

If you watch the videos you can see the members of the two teams trying to run away from the crowd - again, smart. The president of Notre Dame mandated that everyone who was on the field must get COVID test. Like that can be enforced. (I don't expect it got a lot of international coverage. For those having not seen the video, from Los Angeles Times website: Field rush Notre Dame vs Clemson University. )

Interestingly, Volvo is running an ad that shows old videos of people talking about three-point seatbelts taking away personal freedom and such with one person saying "it's better to be thrown from the car." I thought it was going to be a PSA about masks - it would have been apropos. People are saying the same thing about masks.

The ad points out that they are introducing distraction detection in their cars as standard equipment. I am not sure how it will work. However, I am in support of that addition.

I am hunkering down and have restocked my TP supply.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I have observed on many occasions that individually people tend to be smart. But put people in a crowd and they become stupid.

Best recent example, the fans storming the field after the Notre Dame v Clemson football game. A lot were wearing masks - smart individual choice. But they ran onto the field and threw social distancing out the window - so much for crowd wisdom.

If you watch the videos you can see the members of the two teams trying to run away from the crowd - again, smart. The president of Notre Dame mandated that everyone who was on the field must get COVID test. Like that can be enforced. (I don't expect it got a lot of international coverage. For those having not seen the video, from Los Angeles Times website: Field rush Notre Dame vs Clemson University. )

Interestingly, Volvo is running an ad that shows old videos of people talking about three-point seatbelts taking away personal freedom and such with one person saying "it's better to be thrown from the car." I thought it was going to be a PSA about masks - it would have been apropos. People are saying the same thing about masks.

The ad points out that they are introducing distraction detection in their cars as standard equipment. I am not sure how it will work. However, I am in support of that addition.

I am hunkering down and have restocked my TP supply.
The fool has a great advantage over the witty man; he is always happy with himself. :whistling:
Napoleon Bonaparte

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Remember the myth that Ostriches bury their head in the sand when they are scared or threatened? The truth is that Ostriches do not bury their heads in the sand.

However, it certainly does seem that people do.

Wearing a mask/face covering when outside your home became mandatory in Philadelphia in late June. By late August, most people were in compliance with the mandate. Not so anymore. Apparently, as the city has eased restrictions, many people seem to think they no longer need to wear a mask and fewer people are now complying with the mask mandate.

We've all been warned repeatedly that with colder weather and people spending more time indoors, the risk of being exposed and becoming infected with COVID-19 will increase. We need to be more diligent, not less. Is it so difficult to assume everyone we encounter is contagious or is high risk? It's highly likely someone we encounter lives with or comes in close contact with someone who is high risk.

Just as with everywhere else, the number of cases in Philadelphia is increasing. We are at 700+ new cases per day compared to about 70 cases per day in September. The Philadelphia Health Commissioner is advising that everyone needs to take this seriously. Stay away from others. Wear a mask.

After two months of increasing cases, the City of Philadelphia is looking at implementing new restrictions. One of the options being considered is going back into full lockdown. If that happens, it will be because people couldn't be bothered to take the extremely simple step of wearing a mask/face covering when out in public.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE

After two months of increasing cases, the City of Philadelphia is looking at implementing new restrictions. One of the options being considered is going back into full lockdown. If that happens, it will be because people couldn't be bothered to take the extremely simple step of wearing a mask/face covering when out in public.

I don't think just wearing a mask would stop the resurgence, it may help but wouldn't stop the sprend completly.

Kerya

Brilliant
The intelligence quotient of a crowd is the intelligence quotient of the one with the lowest intelligence quotient - divided by the number of people in that crowd.
Sigh