• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Hornet3d

Renowned
My health took a nose-dive (again), so not done much of anything for a while. I am now recovering (well, as much as I can recover). Not sure if I am allowed out at the moment due to more local lock-downs(UK). So it looks like my outdoor activities will be virtual lol

Hope everyone doing fine, I need to catch up on forum posts. I will be back!
Sorry to hear about the nose-dive but happier news that you are recovering. I am also based in the UK and our town is on the watch list for a possible shutdown after the numbers rose. Even without the lockdown I am male, the wrong age (or the right age for Covid), have type two diabetes and I am overweight, put simply, at risk. My outdoor activities are heavily restricted so have some idea of what you are experiencing although I have to say I still fairly well and active so getting some stuff done and not finding the time to get bored.

Your health is the most important factor so stay safe and let the recovery continue. I look forward to seeing you back in the forum but make sure it is only when you are comfortable to do.

Look after yourself.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Even without the lockdown I am male, the wrong age (or the right age for Covid), have type two diabetes and I am overweight, put simply, at risk.
I am 60+ with severe COPD (lung functions at 15%), so a nose-dive (or "exacerbation" as the consultant calls them) is a problem. My weight is OK, I execise every day(well, when not in nose-dive mode lol). It is a case of get on with whatever, whenever I can.
I am not looking for sympathy when mentioning that, just a case of letting the forum know why my sparadic presence.

By the way, I like the "Hydraulic Remote Arm"

Off to play with blender 2.9.

Hornet3d

Renowned
I am 60+ with severe COPD (lung functions at 15%), so a nose-dive (or "exacerbation" as the consultant calls them) is a problem. My weight is OK, I execise every day(well, when not in nose-dive mode lol). It is a case of get on with whatever, whenever I can.
I am not looking for sympathy when mentioning that, just a case of letting the forum know why my sparadic presence.

By the way, I like the "Hydraulic Remote Arm"

Off to play with blender 2.9.
Not sympathy but empathy, I am not one of these people that thinks that life should be pain free and every ailment has a cure to make you 100%. I have long accepted that the cost of staying alive has a price to pay the longer it goes on.

Glad you like the Hydraulic Remote Arm, it was fun to build.

Stay safe and I hope you get back to a place you are happy with soon.

Hornet3d

Renowned
I know it is wrong to attribute emotions and traits to a virus but the impact of Coronavirus is nothing short of evil. Sadly my wife is in hospital at the moment after collapsing while walking the dog. When I went to find her it was like a scene from a TV drama with her flat out on the floor with the dog, alert and barking next to her, like the stories you hear of dogs refusing to leave their owners. Her collapse was nothing to do with the virus but after booking her in to Accident and Emergency I was told I was not allowed to stay with her. She was in there over five hours before they decided to admit her. So I had to leave her in the condition where she was in so much pain that she was really not aware of what was going on around her. Now I totally understand the rational of not having more people in A&E than is absolutely necessary and the staff really looked after her, however, it meant my wife was alone, other than medical staff of course. When we married it was for better of worse and I somehow feel I was not allowed to fulfil my wedding vows. Happily she is now more comfortable but to be able to visit her I need to book a 1 hour slot, with only one slot allowed each day. That does not seem to be an issue except that the booking is via the telephone with the booking noted on a clip board in each ward, it does not take a rocket scientist to work out just how difficult it is to implement this system as patients are moved from ward to ward each, with their own booking list. It also begins to look as though my wife will not receive the operation she needs, again due to the virus, but instead will return home with some strong painkilling drugs.

Of course my experience is insect bite in comparison to what many are having to go through thanks to the virus but somehow that does not help the guilt and frustration I feel at the present moment.