• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Hornet3d

Wise
With the widely reported drop in male fertility, pandemics and an increase in suicide, perhaps the future will look very different.

Alone HD.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
My health took a nose-dive (again), so not done much of anything for a while. I am now recovering (well, as much as I can recover). Not sure if I am allowed out at the moment due to more local lock-downs(UK). So it looks like my outdoor activities will be virtual lol

Hope everyone doing fine, I need to catch up on forum posts. I will be back!

Sorry to hear about the nose-dive but happier news that you are recovering. I am also based in the UK and our town is on the watch list for a possible shutdown after the numbers rose. Even without the lockdown I am male, the wrong age (or the right age for Covid), have type two diabetes and I am overweight, put simply, at risk. My outdoor activities are heavily restricted so have some idea of what you are experiencing although I have to say I still fairly well and active so getting some stuff done and not finding the time to get bored.

Your health is the most important factor so stay safe and let the recovery continue. I look forward to seeing you back in the forum but make sure it is only when you are comfortable to do.

Look after yourself.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Even without the lockdown I am male, the wrong age (or the right age for Covid), have type two diabetes and I am overweight, put simply, at risk.

I am 60+ with severe COPD (lung functions at 15%), so a nose-dive (or "exacerbation" as the consultant calls them) is a problem. My weight is OK, I execise every day(well, when not in nose-dive mode lol). It is a case of get on with whatever, whenever I can.
I am not looking for sympathy when mentioning that, just a case of letting the forum know why my sparadic presence.

By the way, I like the "Hydraulic Remote Arm"

Off to play with blender 2.9.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am 60+ with severe COPD (lung functions at 15%), so a nose-dive (or "exacerbation" as the consultant calls them) is a problem. My weight is OK, I execise every day(well, when not in nose-dive mode lol). It is a case of get on with whatever, whenever I can.
I am not looking for sympathy when mentioning that, just a case of letting the forum know why my sparadic presence.

By the way, I like the "Hydraulic Remote Arm"

Off to play with blender 2.9.

Not sympathy but empathy, I am not one of these people that thinks that life should be pain free and every ailment has a cure to make you 100%. I have long accepted that the cost of staying alive has a price to pay the longer it goes on.

Glad you like the Hydraulic Remote Arm, it was fun to build.

Stay safe and I hope you get back to a place you are happy with soon.

Hornet3d

Wise
I know it is wrong to attribute emotions and traits to a virus but the impact of Coronavirus is nothing short of evil. Sadly my wife is in hospital at the moment after collapsing while walking the dog. When I went to find her it was like a scene from a TV drama with her flat out on the floor with the dog, alert and barking next to her, like the stories you hear of dogs refusing to leave their owners. Her collapse was nothing to do with the virus but after booking her in to Accident and Emergency I was told I was not allowed to stay with her. She was in there over five hours before they decided to admit her. So I had to leave her in the condition where she was in so much pain that she was really not aware of what was going on around her. Now I totally understand the rational of not having more people in A&E than is absolutely necessary and the staff really looked after her, however, it meant my wife was alone, other than medical staff of course. When we married it was for better of worse and I somehow feel I was not allowed to fulfil my wedding vows. Happily she is now more comfortable but to be able to visit her I need to book a 1 hour slot, with only one slot allowed each day. That does not seem to be an issue except that the booking is via the telephone with the booking noted on a clip board in each ward, it does not take a rocket scientist to work out just how difficult it is to implement this system as patients are moved from ward to ward each, with their own booking list. It also begins to look as though my wife will not receive the operation she needs, again due to the virus, but instead will return home with some strong painkilling drugs.

Of course my experience is insect bite in comparison to what many are having to go through thanks to the virus but somehow that does not help the guilt and frustration I feel at the present moment.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well the good news is that my wife is back home and taking things a lot easier. While she came home without her operation the episode has moved her up the waiting list but with Covid rates now rising again and a second lockdown being talked about that could still mean that there could be months of wait. One good repercussion though is that she now knows what can happen and, to her credit, she is adapting and taking it in her stride. She is doing far less and restricting any gardening and the like to thirty minutes spells, less if there is any sign of pain when she stops immediately. I know that sound logical but my wife is very headstrong and has moments when she thinks she is invincible, but then we all do at times, I guess.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you for the comments. I am still concerned obviously, not only regarding the operation, but also the fact that it could all happen again. Last time there was no warning she took the dog for a walk feeling fine but started feeling ill after about fifteen minutes and was collapsed on the floor in the next five. I am making sure she is not left alone which I know she understands but it is a problem for us both. We are lucky in that we love spending time together and we are never short of topics to discuss when we have time together, just as well as covid has stopped her amateur dramatics outings and other social outings so this is just a further restriction for her. Then again covid has meant the am dram group will not being doing a pantomime this year so, in one sense, she is not missing anything as that would have been out of the question for her this year.

There is never enough hours in the day for either of us so lockdown is no major problem for us but, until she has the operation at least, her condition is having a negative impact. Of course all that has to be seen against what is happening in other peoples lives and we still understand just how lucky we are that this is our only real worry at the moment.

McGyver

Energetic
Sorry to hear about your wife’s illness... I know it’s belated, but I hope she is feeling much better.
Good luck and stay safe.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry to hear about your wife’s illness... I know it’s belated, but I hope she is feeling much better.
Good luck and stay safe.

Thank you for the sentiment, she is managing to stay pain free at present and we are keeping our fingers crossed it will not be long until she reaches the top of the waiting list for the operation. Such lists are long enough in normal times but in a world ravaged by a pandemic they are much, much longer.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Here in France, the whole thing get out of control somehow.
We have somehow, some kind of lock-down. Schools are open, Universities , we can go to work, shopping.
But only 1 hour maximum outside in our freetime and only in a range from 1 square km......
We can not buy "not essential stuff" ,whatever they think is non essential for the people. No clothes,no underwear, socks etc. No cosmetics, kitchen utensils ,toys, decoration, books, magazines.No shoes . Yes, we can order online..but not buy it in the stores.
Now, many older people don't do online shopping ( like my mother in law) . What are those people are doing now when their kitchen utensils break? Like a coffee machine? When they can not buy their weekly magazines ? (Like she used to buy riddle magazines every week ) Bibliothèques are closed, little shops, in the shopping mal, every little store is closed, in the supermarket shelves with "non essential " stuff is covered.
And they want this till the end of the year. This is how you destroy a country.

Not to forget, we suppose to move in 2 weeks to our new home where my husband has his first day in his new work at the 1st of December.
We still waiting for the "special permission" to do so.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's sad how the Covid-19 pandemic has created such a mess of people's every day lives, but I can't complain, as it's helping to keep us safer than if we were to ignore all those things they aren't letting us do.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
It's sad how the Covid-19 pandemic has created such a mess of people's every day lives, but I can't complain, as it's helping to keep us safer than if we were to ignore all those things they aren't letting us do.

Miss B, not at all. What I can see , the people who should be concerned about Covid 19, the elderly , you see them all over the streets, supermarkets. I get yesterday so angry when on the supermarket casse an elderly woman was telling to the cassier " how nice is to shop now, because the supermarkets are so empty". :mad: ??????

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
And not to forget, if we can not move by time, we are simply bankrupt. With selling our house ( which we just buy new 1 year ago) we loose a lot of money. And when i say a lot, I mean it. No new job, a new house 500 km far away from here, one house sold where we have to move out till end of the year.