• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, back then I was with a different web host I was growing disgusted with, and a friend who knew I was looking for a new web host, told me Dreamhost was having a huge sale, and I went and signed up, and got rid of the other web host.

I've been very happy with them the past 13 years.

eclark1894

Visionary
Me too. I would definitely not buy anything from a site that was flagged as I would assume my purchase info might be at risk.
Well, as you know, that's highly unlikely at my site as it's a directory. You don't do anything but click on links. Still, I'm having a bit of bother with it still.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Well, as you know, that's highly unlikely at my site as it's a directory..

Yes I knew that Earl. It's the sites selling stuff and throwing up invalid cert warnings I do be wary of. Up to now I didn't know what the warnings really meant but they scared me off. Now I know it's just a matter of the site owner enabling a setting to fix it.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm leery even of sites that don't sell anything. Too easy for any site to be infected, even more so if they run ads.

eclark1894

Visionary
For the record, I have just deleted the Poserworld link in the ONLINE STORES section of the directory. However, Allen Harkleroad still has several links as an individual vendor so I have to find out just how this affects him since I believe he still plans to make models, just not for Poserworld. Those individual links though still link to him through the store site, and I can no longer reach it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure Earl, but I thought Poserworld was still going to exist, just not for us 3D hobbyists. I think he's turning the store into something for professional 3D artists, like for those who work on professional 3D movies.

Whether or not you should leave him, personally, in your directory, wouldn't be necessary, because we wouldn't be able to purchase any of his items. I got the impression his work from now on would only be by request of professional studios. I could be wrong, but if I'm remembering this correctly, then having him listed in your directory doesn't do any of us any good.

Just my 2¢ worth.

eclark1894

Visionary
Quick question for everyone. What if there were actually two, or even three directories? The Poser Directory would stay the way it is now, but I would be adding in subdirectories for Studio and Blender content. I'm just asking right now. I'm not even sure how I would make it work or even if I could.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I wouldn't mind that, or at least a Modeling directory that specifically lists goodies for modeling apps.

BTW Nod, don't forget I have a large, and growing list of Forums, Help and Tutorials for Blender in our Blender forum.

Reactions: Nod

eclark1894

Visionary
Just to put it out there, I'm willing to work on Superfly and/or modern P11 Firefly materials for a small percentage. Well, small, assuming your product isn't a shader set.:giggle:
I'm actually contemplating adding a category to the directory of vendors who will test, help you package, do promos, etc. to get youre product into a store Do you think this is a good idea or a waste of time?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not sure how long you want it but maybe "Testers, Promo Makers Etc"

Then you could have sub-cats with each, maybe like
Beta Testers (may be broken down into program? if they do both DS and Poser they could be in both sections or there could be a section that has both)
Promo Makers (same here regarding programs as I know there is a lot more DS promo makers than Poser ones)
People willing to Collaborate (this may be broken down further, say "Strengths - Materials", "Strengths - Modelling", "Strengths - Shaders" etc)
etc

eclark1894

Visionary
As of now, there is a new category on the index of the directory. The category is called Product Development.

Product development typically refers to all of the stages involved in bringing a product from concept or idea, through market release and beyond. In other words, product development incorporates a product’s entire journey. However, we will be limiting it to areas where people will be willing to offer their expertise to help you place your product into one of the online stores. Some of these services may be being offered for free or a small fee. I feel that is something best discussed between the principles.
  • Quality Assurance
  • Promotional Artwork
  • Packaging
  • Product Testing

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like what you're proposing Earl, but if I may, I'd like to make a suggestion.

I wouldn't put Quality Assurance in that list, as none of us, or anyone not part of one of the 3D store teams can do Quality Assurance. We can only do Product (Beta) Testing. I do a lot of Beta testing for CAs here at HW, but it's Alisa, and her team who do the Quality Assurance Verification.

Just a thought.

eclark1894

Visionary
I like what you're proposing Earl, but if I may, I'd like to make a suggestion.

I wouldn't put Quality Assurance in that list, as none of us, or anyone not part of one of the 3D store teams can do Quality Assurance. We can only do Product (Beta) Testing. I do a lot of Beta testing for CAs here at HW, but it's Alisa, and her team who do the Quality Assurance Verification.

Just a thought.
Okay, fair point.

eclark1894

Visionary
Designing the webpage to link to is fairly easy. The issue now becomes how do you people want the very public information shared?
You're putting your very public information out there for people to contact you about helping them. So how do you want people to contact you for help?