• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
Early stages of my brand new "Type-7" body sculpt for Dawn. Rendered in Poser with Octane 4 in 1 min 40 secs. What I really like about Octane, besides the fast render times, are the real-time previews. What I don't like is the incompatibility with Poser materials. Spent most of the time rebuilding the shaders, but the real-time previews help a lot with that part.

Octane 4 has introduced AI lights, AI Scenes, and AI Denoising, where artificial intelligence neural networks quickly resolve issues that used to be considered impossible to accelerate. The combination of AI Lights with AI Denoising removes noise in a matter of seconds. AI Scenes allow refreshing vertexes from one animation frame to the next in real-time, when in Octane 3 this used to take longer than the render time itself. This makes it now possible to render animations with Octane without slowing down to load the next frame - a huge improvement. This also allows scrubbing through the animation almost in real-time. In the previous version, scrubbing was not even possible due to the time it took to load a frame.

The new license model now allows existing Octane 3 owners to upgrade to version 4 for free. Looks like Octane 5 will be called Octane 2018, and it will also be free for existing users. Some of the highlights for Octane 5 will be noise-free volumetric lights, procedural primitives, and 2nd generation neural networks artificial intelligence to accelerate the impossible tasks.

In the meanwhile, they will integrate the entire Brigade real-time PBR game engine API into Octane 4, which is similar to real-time PBR rendering we have in Marmoset Toolbag and iClone 7. This means Octane users will finally have real-time PBR rendering in Poser. This is next in their queue.

View attachment 40463

I love the sculpt and the render, really is great work. As 3D art is a hobby for me Octane is something I cannot justify but it is great to see what can be done. The couple of minute render times are unbelievable to some one with a system like mine that needs 6 to 8 hours to produce something not even close to this level, but at least your renders mean I can dream.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Hornet! It used to be the same with me, until I decided to open a store and make this hobby pay for itself. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Well if you have the skills why not use them, you deserve your success.

I am the biggest critic about my skills, and not long ago I was convinced I couldn't make a decent body sculpt. The danger lies on us imposing limitations to ourselves. Of lately I have been concentrating on body sculpts because I need the practice, and with every project I have been learning something different. I had also convinced myself I couldn't make 3D hair, and so far that has proven correct, but I made some progress on that area. I guess we are our biggest enemies when it comes to our potential.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am the biggest critic about my skills, and not long ago I was convinced I couldn't make a decent body sculpt. The danger lies on us imposing limitations to ourselves. Of lately I have been concentrating on body sculpts because I need the practice, and with every project I have been learning something different. I had also convinced myself I couldn't make 3D hair, and so far that has proven correct, but I made some progress on that area. I guess we are our biggest enemies when it comes to our potential.

We only find our limits when we reach, or on occasions, surpass them.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Test render with my WIP body sculpts Type-6 and Type-7, from left to right, respectively. Rendered in Poser with Octane 4. As a side note, I have used my corrective JCMs on both figures. I think it makes quite a difference. ^^

GirlsInterrupted_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Chris! I think it's only 2 more joint axes and I will have the complete pelvis correction for Dawn. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Bonnie! It's funny how I am basically done with the Type-6 body, but had to redo the arms several times because the shoulders are so hard to rig when the shape is this different. When I think I have nailed the workflow in the last project, the next one keeps proving me wrong! Haha

Hornet3d

Wise
My intention when I started out with this was to use a rogue or woodland outfit but I started with a part built scene with Dawn in the CKV-01 and I decided I liked it so ran with it.

Forest Mist HW.jpg

CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs - Volpe Box

Background from Forest Mist Backgrounds by Rowan54 (applied to a cloth plane).

Only lighting is from a Ezdome.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My intention when I started out with this was to use a rogue or woodland outfit but I started with a part built scene with Dawn in the CKV-01 and I decided I liked it so ran with it.

This is a cool render, Hornet! if she were in the black CKV-01, that would make her quite stealthy against the dark forest. ^^

New test render with"Type-6" body sculpt WIP, plus my upcoming "Proper Pelvis Posing" for Dawn. They are all combined in this animation. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

Thumb_T150.gif