• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I prefer gadgets to shoes :p

But then, my foot is short and wide, and I prefer comfort over looks, and you couldn't pay me to wear heels. Anything over an inch is too much.

My favorite shoe were Merrells, but their quality is no longer as good as it was, and the shoes are narrower than they were.

This Glerups is my favorite shoe ... but it's not exactly suitable for outdoor wear. At least, not for the sidewalks near work!
View attachment 40303

Very cool! I've been looking for a pair of house shoes just like that. Already added to my Amazon cart.

Hornet3d

Wise
Miokainaed had kept his word, she found the dragon's egg exactly where he had foretold. As she approached the egg it appeared to sense her presence and the small tear like droplets dripped from the egg. She was not aware at that moment that the bonding process had already begun. The crown also reacted to the closeness of the egg, the alliance between dragon and man would be born again and was already taking the first teetering steps.

Dragon Egg HW SM.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you. Since viewing a lot of your renders I have paid a lot more attention to the smaller details in the expressions.

:roflmao: Thank you.

Your expressions were great so thank you for the nice comment. One of the reasons Dawn became my go to figure was it is so much easier to get realistic looking expressions than any figure I had used before. In truth though, my character does not take the standard expressions very well due to the changes I have made to the face. Most of the appearance of age comes from the skin map but I have also used some morphs on the face to try to compliment the aging. There is also a lot of morphs used to create the face shape. The end result is that the default expressions , which are great, do not always work out of the box on my character. Of course the fact that the preview does not give a very good representation of the expression does not help so, since Superfly, I often do a number of test renders with progressive refinement ticked which needs very few samples to give you an idea of how the expression with render. I thing the biggest thing I have learnt is that very small adjustments in the morphs can have a major impact on how an expression looks when rendered.

Me195

Extraordinary
Miokainaed had kept his word, she found the dragon's egg exactly where he had foretold. As she approached the egg it appeared to sense her presence and the small tear like droplets dripped from the egg. She was not aware at that moment that the bonding process had already begun. The crown also reacted to the closeness of the egg, the alliance between dragon and man would be born again and was already taking the first teetering steps.

View attachment 40311

Very cool both visually and the story telling.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Me195 Haha that creature looks awesome! I have never tried anything like that. If not for the outfit, I wouldn't have recognized it was Dawn in there. ^^

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
WHY do I try to use clothing not made for Dawn?!!? Xdresser is making me CROSS... pretty things for V4...but trying to either make them just "sit" on her or Xdress them is making me hurt more than my health things hurt! I GOT to seek refuge in Lully's dyanamic clothing I think... or... hmmm make that blouse for V4 INTO a dynamic blouse?? hmmmm ... sigh

Hornet3d

Wise
If you have access to the fitting room and it is an outfit you really want then 'Dawn FitRoom Helpers' from Lyrra might help, that is what I revert to if Wardrobe Wizard or Xdress stuggle.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Early stages of my brand new "Type-7" body sculpt for Dawn. Rendered in Poser with Octane 4 in 1 min 40 secs. What I really like about Octane, besides the fast render times, are the real-time previews. What I don't like is the incompatibility with Poser materials. Spent most of the time rebuilding the shaders, but the real-time previews help a lot with that part.

Octane 4 has introduced AI lights, AI Scenes, and AI Denoising, where artificial intelligence neural networks quickly resolve issues that used to be considered impossible to accelerate. The combination of AI Lights with AI Denoising removes noise in a matter of seconds. AI Scenes allow refreshing vertexes from one animation frame to the next in real-time, when in Octane 3 this used to take longer than the render time itself. This makes it now possible to render animations with Octane without slowing down to load the next frame - a huge improvement. This also allows scrubbing through the animation almost in real-time. In the previous version, scrubbing was not even possible due to the time it took to load a frame.

The new license model now allows existing Octane 3 owners to upgrade to version 4 for free. Looks like Octane 5 will be called Octane 2018, and it will also be free for existing users. Some of the highlights for Octane 5 will be noise-free volumetric lights, procedural primitives, and 2nd generation neural networks artificial intelligence to accelerate the impossible tasks.

In the meanwhile, they will integrate the entire Brigade real-time PBR game engine API into Octane 4, which is similar to real-time PBR rendering we have in Marmoset Toolbag and iClone 7. This means Octane users will finally have real-time PBR rendering in Poser. This is next in their queue.

Elven_1024.jpg