• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks all! LOL I should I said I like HER- I forgot the majority of Calicos are female:) Although this one is really more of a tortoiseshell.

"Most calico cats are females — but not all. Male calicos are rare. “The traditional characteristics for a calico cat are carried on the chromosomes that make cats female, so the majority of calico cats are female,” Dr. Gibbons says. “The possibility of a male calico exists, but they are incredibly rare, and I have yet to see one in 15 years in the veterinary field.”

Approximately one in 3,000 calicos is male. Also, if you have a male calico, odds are that he’s sterile. Only one in 10,000 of male calicos is fertile."

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Laurie...I haven't been keeping up with what's being released lately.

I do still get the Daz daily emails, and peruse them very very quickly before deleting, most days:) But this grass product stood out enough to grab my attention:) Love the lights too- all the various parts are also available to load/use individually such as the lights, skydome, the 'grass cards" and so on. I used one of the light sets for the White Lion image.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I checked it out and at the moment it's full price. I'm debating whether to wait for a sale...but thanks for the info!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
So LOL I was doing a lot of b*tching today about the Superfly Hair Shader... (@Cliff Bowman @Lyne ) so I figured I better put up or shut up, so I spent a little more time today messing with the shader mod I've been bashing my head against the wall over and had given a long rest for obvious reasons. Well.... I think I may have figured it out. Not prefect yet but I think I sorted out the really big issue I was having with it.

So keep in mind these are using very basic styling/I haven't really gotten into that yet as I wanted to resolve the SF shader issue first before I spent a lot of time doing the styling.

And to note!!!- Cliff's TrueHair beta was a huge help in laying down a good base etc. for the hair. Def saves hours on all the toes and more.

View attachment 35469 View attachment 35470 View attachment 35471 View attachment 35472
BEAUTIFUL!!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So I've been taking some time off this past week, but will be getting back to finishing up my Calico set next week. Here are a couple of pix from my horse adventures with the Flashman this week:) This not far from Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.

FlashHermitPark2.jpg
FlashHermitPark1.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
So I've been taking some time off this past week, but will be getting back to finishing up my Calico set next week. Here are a couple of pix from my horse adventures with the Flashman this week:) This not far from Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.

View attachment 38813 View attachment 38814
when i was a kid i loved horses and always dreamed one day i'd have my own horse ranch by the sea to ride. it was a dream as i said, that was never made real.....like so many others. envy yours.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks all! I did grow up in Vermont so when Bill and I left New York City we both wanted to live near mountains again, so we chose Colorado. And then about 26 years ago we moved to a small town in Northern Colorado and bought our little 4 acre farm with a funky little old house:) Back then no one wanted to live way out here- now everyone does... Oh well. We live pretty simply and having our 2 horses at home here makes it so we can have them. We do all the work ourselves. No way could we afford to board them anywhere around here- more than my mortgage just for one!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks all! LOL I should I said I like HER- I forgot the majority of Calicos are female:) Although this one is really more of a tortoiseshell.

"Most calico cats are females — but not all. Male calicos are rare. “The traditional characteristics for a calico cat are carried on the chromosomes that make cats female, so the majority of calico cats are female,” Dr. Gibbons says. “The possibility of a male calico exists, but they are incredibly rare, and I have yet to see one in 15 years in the veterinary field.”

Approximately one in 3,000 calicos is male. Also, if you have a male calico, odds are that he’s sterile. Only one in 10,000 of male calicos is fertile."

Apparently the male version of the calico gene is the orange tabby gene. Most - not all - orange cats are orange. Though not so rare as a male calico.