• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Faerie door, as seen from the fae world side. Superfly render.
Faerie Door P11 - fae side r3 - 1200x750 C.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
ah yes, if its Perfect Bound that will take a bit off of the graphic in the middle, that might look worse than a staple :p

I'd move her to the right slightly (as I like seeing the candles on the left of page) and have something on the left of her at her feet, perhaps the dog (or a man on his knees :p)

I like the idea of a man on his knees Rae, but I don't think there's enough room for him. A pet cat or dog (even the wild kind) might work well. ;)

Ohh, I like that suggestion, a dog maybe but not too domesticated, sort of a dog/wolf cross maybe.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's pretty much what I was thinking too. A wolf, but we don't have one yet. ~hint, hint, hint~

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's been decades since I watched the Cartoon Channel, so haven't seen them in a verrrrrrry long time.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
@Stezza I always like Roadrunner cartoons. Wile E. Coyote's elaborate schemes with mail-order hardware, and those long falls from a cliff ending in a wee puff of dust on impact! :roflmao:

@quietrob The statues would need replaced. Those are Aiko 3 chassis with commercial clothes and hair. I could provide poses and scale factors for a few dolls (export welded OBJ with a single material zone), or I could try to work up my own doll chassis; not nearly as hard as making a functional doll, since I'd only need the exposed bits and they won't need to be rigged. I've done that before for statues. By the way, the stone nave's block seams are cut into the mesh, so you can apply any stone seamless tile without need for drawing mortar joints.
Faerie Door P11 Silo mesh - stone nave.png

As for the tree-framed version, I've made three revisions since the image I posted in this thread, and r3 is rendering now, and I intend to add an optional bridging "tunnel" piece so that you can abut it against a wall baseboard or whatever. Guess that would be r4. The "otherworld" special effects panel has better depth illusion now, and less UV distortion. The otherworld panel is an active lightcaster. The vaulted nave for the tree version does not have the cut stone block seams; my intent was to texture it with tree bark.

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
It was the early hours in the morning but Caoimhe and Turlough were too lost in each other's company to be aware of the time, not that either would have cared if they had known. Then again what better places were there to get lost in than a well stocked wine cellar.

Wine Cellar HW.jpg

Scene - Faveral's Wine Cellar by....well Faveral

Outfit - Dawn Mini Dress by willyb53

Outfit - (Turlough) Oskarssons Timeless by err......... Oskarsson

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Hornet. I got the new "20 shades of love" poses for G3 & G8 from Rendo and I think I just tweaked the expressions a tiny little bit except for the G8F, that has a dialled in smile that I got from a different character that is the most realistic smile I've seen on a 3D character (I don't normally do full smiles like that because they normally look creepy to me :p)

This is another pose from the set (because these G3's are more extreme in shape, I did have to fiddle with the pose a bit. The Girl 7 was the same height as the G3 guy)

Hornet3d

Wise
Looking good, very difficult to get something like this to look right, too tight and it looks like a second skin and too loose it looks like clothing that is defying gravity.