• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
But well... Shader itself is really straightforward. But not many people want to do still life with Superfly :( But a lot of people do it with Cycles. Mystery.

Still life takes a certain mindset, I think. It's something I'd like to do, but I haven't ever managed to. I think where I struggle is the background. I can get my subject, get it framed, textured, etc... and then spend days struggling to compose a background. With still life, it's even harder for some reason.

Either way, that shader is beautifully done, and so is the render.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I must give a plug for my sister's book just released..

I did the cover for her using Carrara :shineon:

For all you readers it can be seen here

I used Ken's Lizard as well :)

Thursdays Child.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Everything was prepped and all that was missing was Turlough but then she was early as was her norm. She was also worried, this was their first mission together but it was not the mission that worried her but just how it would all work out. It was going to take a couple of weeks and while their working relationship was fine, socially it was not without problems.

Scifi Hanger HW.jpg

Scene (and background) - Sci Fi Hangar by Stonemason
Craft - Shuttlestar by Kibarreto
Outfit - CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs and Volpe Box

Stezza

Dances with Bees
very cool :flower02:

Everything was prepped and all that was missing was Turlough but then she was early as was her norm. She was also worried, this was their first mission together but it was not the mission that worried her but just how it would all work out. It was going to take a couple of weeks and while their working relationship was fine, socially it was not without problems.

View attachment 34917

Scene (and background) - Sci Fi Hangar by Stonemason
Craft - Shuttlestar by Kibarreto
Outfit - CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs and Volpe Box

quietrob

Extraordinary
Another double page spread, this time as a possible lead into the fantasy renders.

View attachment 34954

Scene - Ruins of H'trakram by Orestes Graphics.
This definitely has potential. I don't know if you've seen ancient aliens but it looks like something from a past civilization that we couldn't build today without the latest technology.

By the way, I see Caohime on that tower. Am I right? ( Sorry about the spelling if i didn't get it right)

Hornet3d

Wise
This definitely has potential. I don't know if you've seen ancient aliens but it looks like something from a past civilization that we couldn't build today without the latest technology.

By the way, I see Caohime on that tower. Am I right? ( Sorry about the spelling if i didn't get it right)

Yep it needs to be developed, I want to find a more barren scene to place the towers in but I am also still playing with spheres and lighting so this was a test of that and the towers. That is Caoimhe in the tower....well spotted.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well it was never going to be a good week, a few runs to the hospital for my father-in-law, a funeral later in the week were we have offered to take others and a few other trips besides and the car choices this week to show up a number of warning messages which appear to suggest the battery is not charging. Whatever happened to the big red light that came on to show your alternator/dynamo had given up of the fan belt was broke. So a trip to the dealers for diagnostics and then the rest of the day looking for hire cars.

Oh well I can always escape reality for a few hours (even then Poser decided to crash a few times).

Another potential A3 double page thread with a fantasy theme.

Lon Palace HW.jpg

Scene - Lords of the Night - The Palace by Larsen

Outfit - Fashion Vol. 1 - Casual, Fantasy & SciFi by Ken1171 Designs + Volpe Box

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
the only problem with that being a DPS Hornet, is that the centreline would run down her face (and if it has staples, then yeah poor gal might get hurt :p)

quietrob

Extraordinary
the only problem with that being a DPS Hornet, is that the centreline would run down her face (and if it has staples, then yeah poor gal might get hurt :p)

It's been a while since I looked but I think the centerfold is alive and well, despite that staple. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise

Thanks for that, it is a rather schoolboy error, I will put it down to me having a foul day and using Poser escape my misery for a while. The book in question is a bound fold flat A3 (in landscape format) and so there is no staple, the line is minimal but it is there and only really obvious when it goes through something like.....err... well a face, which means you are correct of course, it could be an issue. One good point is that the preview of the web site does give a very good representation of the line and where it is placed. Chances are I might be able to jiggle it but I would rather not.

Thanks for the warning, I think I will put some extra element on one side and move the character a little off center.

Hornet3d

Wise
It's been a while since I looked but I think the centerfold is alive and well, despite that staple. ;)

I was trying to imagine where the staple would be placed and I have to say I brought tears to my eyes. Happily as you can see from my response above a staple is not an issue, I think the centreline will be so I will reqork it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
ah yes, if its Perfect Bound that will take a bit off of the graphic in the middle, that might look worse than a staple :p

I'd move her to the right slightly (as I like seeing the candles on the left of page) and have something on the left of her at her feet, perhaps the dog (or a man on his knees :p)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like the idea of a man on his knees Rae, but I don't think there's enough room for him. A pet cat or dog (even the wild kind) might work well. ;)