• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist

Wow, that looks great. I could never get the wind to behave in poser, then again I didn't use it all that much to learn it properly. you got it spot on :)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I am conquring the poser cloth room, step by step... and I LOVE YOUR WORK/PRODUCTS DAWN.... your products challenge me and I grow using them!!!
Today's lesson...doing TWO figures intertwined using Pom's Ballroom dancing poses (NO TEXTURES APPLIED, NO CHARACTERS UN-RENDERED!)
THE LESSON: UN-CHECK all of the other figure when setting up the calculation for each clothing piece!!
Before I un-checked and After I DID~

That looks great. Ive never used two people in dynamics intertwined like that, you certainly are testing yourself. Cant wait to see the finished image :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Wow, that looks great. I could never get the wind to behave in poser, then again I didn't use it all that much to learn it properly. you got it spot on :)

I had tried it a time or two before, but couldn't get it to behave either and just gave up without much research. But, yesterday, I was determined to figure it out.

2 things I found that were important - the spread angle and the amplitude setting. Those 2 settings have the most effect on the wind result and amplitude starts/defaults to a ridiculously low setting.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I had tried it a time or two before, but couldn't get it to behave either and just gave up without much research. But, yesterday, I was determined to figure it out.

2 things I found that were important - the spread angle and the amplitude setting. Those 2 settings have the most effect on the wind result and amplitude starts/defaults to a ridiculously low setting.

I suppose it is all practice and once you hit on the right setting, make a note of it.

I just had a quite fiddle in poser and notice you can save the windforce as a prop :) ready for next time lol

Cybrea

[QUOTE="Miss B, post: ;)
Hey Cy, good to see you. That's a lovely render. What hair did you use?[/QUOTE]

Hey Miss B,
thanks. The hair is SAV Marina, I smudge painted it in the free version of topaz studio.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, I guess I didn't recognize it from the angel you have her in. I have Marina hair, so I'm definitely going to have to play with it more.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Caoimhe just getting in the mood for the coming season and checking her moves in her new dress.

looks great, love the swish

BTW did anyone tell her to be careful, stilettos and marble floors are enemies, you know :eek:

eclark1894

Visionary
Funny thing is I can't get it to work. Poser keeps crashing on me. if I try to run the cloth Room. I have been able to use the material room though, so maybe I could get a couple of opinions. What metal does this look like , brass, copper, or neither.

brass.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm no expert, but I would think it looks more copper than brass. I'm imagining a copper penny.

Hornet3d

Wise
Funny thing is I can't get it to work. Poser keeps crashing on me. if I try to run the cloth Room. I have been able to use the material room though, so maybe I could get a couple of opinions. What metal does this look like , brass, copper, or neither.

View attachment 32824

I had no problems in the cloth room, well no more than usual, and certainly no crashing. The dress is heavy on polys though as I found out when trying to use the morph brush as it really slowed my system which, while not the fastest, it copes with most the jobs I throw at it.

eclark1894

Visionary
I had no problems in the cloth room, well no more than usual, and certainly no crashing. The dress is heavy on polys though as I found out when trying to use the morph brush as it really slowed my system which, while not the fastest, it copes with most the jobs I throw at it.
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the dress. I recently made the mistake of updating my Poser to SR8. It's been trying to copulate with me as often as it can ever since.:sneaky: