• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

eclark1894

Visionary
Nice thing about bullet Physics in Poser is that even if I can't get the wind Force exactly right, I should still be able to partially pose the dress in real time. At least, I hope that's right. I'm going to keep notes to see if I can document how to do this properly.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I remember using bullet physics when it first came with poser, I melted vicky4 through the ground plane, lol. I never got the hang of it, but the sim is more like the MD sims, where you can interact with it so you can pull the skirt about. One warning, the dress is quite high in polys, had to do it quite dense so the folds looked thinner and not like wool.

eclark1894

Visionary
From what I've seen of the Poser tutorials and webinars, it's not that unlike the Dforce demonstrations I've seen. Weightpaint the area you want to constrain, in this case that should be everything in the dress above the waist, everything below that should be free to move around. Now that may be wrong, because I'm not exactly sure whether I need to weightpaint it or not. I may just need to set it to collide with Dawn. It works a little differently from the Cloth room.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I am conquring the poser cloth room, step by step... and I LOVE YOUR WORK/PRODUCTS DAWN.... your products challenge me and I grow using them!!!
Today's lesson...doing TWO figures intertwined using Pom's Ballroom dancing poses (NO TEXTURES APPLIED, NO CHARACTERS UN-RENDERED!)
THE LESSON: UN-CHECK all of the other figure when setting up the calculation for each clothing piece!!
Before I un-checked and After I DID~
CrazyCollaidAgainst.jpg

in SOME cases I think "collide against" should be labeled: STICK TO! LOL!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love your dress Dawn. I don't know what I did wrong but it did turn out...interesting :p LOL
7 year itch.jpg (Thumbnail, click to view larger, I didn't want to take up all of Dawn's page)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
THE LESSON: UN-CHECK all of the other figure when setting up the calculation for each clothing piece!!
Before I un-checked and After I DID~

in SOME cases I think "collide against" should be labeled: STICK TO! LOL!
Looks nice Lyne. I've often hidden other objects, for instance long hair, when setting up the sim. That way it doesn't get in the way.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I love your dress Dawn. I don't know what I did wrong but it did turn out...interesting :p LOL
(Thumbnail, click to view larger, I didn't want to take up all of Dawn's page)

lol, it looks like a fluffy cloud or popcorn.

On testing over the past month or so, I realise this happens when there is no room for the cloth to go. this could be either the pose moving into place or the final pose. Do the hands touch the legs? If so try and leave a small gap as you would in poser cloth room. Or are the knees together and maybe trapping some fabric? Also, I've read on forums that the best result is using the timeline method rather than draping a static pose.

Quick guide

Set figure to zero pose at frame 0
Set timeline to around 50 frames
set final figure pose at frame 30
sim settings below
any morphs load on frame 30 (if they shrink her down in size to smaller in height, then use the morph on frame 0. it seems to work better)
Move along the timeline to check limbs do not connect or intersect, that will blow the thing up. Also if she has big boobies, try and do some sort of pushup as boobies with a gravitational pull will create a crease under the bust (although this should be fine as you are draping the top half.

hit simulate and wait.

The final 20 frames will settle the fabric into place.

upload_2017-11-29_3-42-16.png

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
PS do you know there is a wind node in daz studio? Place it beneath her and angle upwards
upload_2017-11-29_3-49-16.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, I used the Wind Node, but I do think her hands are touching her thighs so I will move them away (also only had timeline to 30, so I'll change that to 50 as well. It will have to wait till tomorrow tho :)

Hornet3d

Wise
I the Poser cloth room I have often moved the hands out of the way as I found if i just left a gap the cloth could still catch. Once the simulation is done I move the hands back into place, I have even used the morph brush to move the cloth slightly to make it look as though the hands are pressing into the cloth.

eclark1894

Visionary
Obviously, I've never used dForce, but in Poser you have to keep the fingers on the hand close together or in a fist otherwise most of the time, the fingers will poke thru.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
In Poser using the wind forcefield.

Marilyn.jpg

And these are the settings I used. One thing I found important was to pose Dawn early in the animation so the skirt didn't blow up past her hands before the hands were in place. I posed Dawn in Frame 7 and set a Keyframe there. 30 frame animation, though I rendered at Frame 15 because I liked the pose there best.
MarilynWindSettings.jpg

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yep, I used the Wind Node, but I do think her hands are touching her thighs so I will move them away (also only had timeline to 30, so I'll change that to 50 as well. It will have to wait till tomorrow tho :)

You probably dont need extra frames on that, it's really for settling fabric as sometimes poses will 'swish' fabric all over the place (as it does in real life) suppose its an air resistance thing.

Poser has issues with skin connecting but in a less dramatic way. If you still have the explosion, take it back to the first frame it starts to explode, I bet it's near the hands.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Obviously, I've never used dForce, but in Poser you have to keep the fingers on the hand close together or in a fist otherwise most of the time, the fingers will poke thru.

that happens in marvellous designer too, if the polycount is low. I tend to use fists when that happens as well