• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

xyer0

Brilliant
Now that this thread has been wholesomely regenerated and neutralized through banter on personal art histories and exotic animal cuisine (thanks, Satira), I've been hesitant to broach this subject. But because it does not warrant a new thread, especially since my observation is immediately (though obliquely) pertinent to the original post, I proceed.
In Daztopia, an Orwellian protocol is practiced that can be summed up with the phrase, "Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia." Of course, this protocol cannot be addressed within Daz forums because "it does not exist." The recurring example is that of a product's or vendor's removal from the store without announcement, official or otherwise. Then all references (or references to references) to the event (non-event?) are repeatedly and systematically removed without the usual email notification, (for how can you notify someone that you have removed a post which they never posted)? The threads are not merely locked: They are expurgated. Not merely "page not found," but "page does not exist."
This obliteration of history is something that would make the Ministry of Truth proud, but it is so surreal that, like Winston Smith, one might begin to wonder if one imagined it all. Unfortunately, it seems that this policy that is not a policy is not exclusive to Daz; rather, it has become near commonplace in the erstwhile land of free speech.
I'm not trying to start a convention of nattering nabobs of negativitism or even re-rail a thread that has been so exquisitely and expertly derailed. It's just that, not being a Poser owner, I used to seek terms with which to replace "Poserverse," such as "Dazland" or "Dazania." But when I finally settled on a suitable term, to my (only partially feigned) horror, I grokked that it spoke to the actualities much more breviloquently (as this post attests) than I could ever hope: Daztopia.
Yet, like those who have been awakened from the nightmare (called "reality" by those still under its thrall), I find that it is insufficient to seek coexistence with the world (or in this case, Daztopia) but that I must actively engage with it, seeing it for what it is without clogging my psychic arteries with condemnation, contempt or calumny. Those who rule this world shall ultimately be held accountable, but in the meantime I must live in it without being of it or judging it. With the clarity that comes through dispassion, I can see the scared children playing their games and trying to gain and guard the whole loaf because they imagine that they are illegitimate or orphaned and have no other option. I can intently ask and hold the hope that they shall grow weary of their slumber. And I can create.

That would be a rare thing. Over here guinea pigs don't grow in the wild, but only grow in pet shops. It would take a really clever cat to break in there and hunt them out of their cages. :rofl:

Well yes. That pretty much describes cats :wink:

Open cages in the garden similar to rabbit ones - and poof, no guinea pig!! :whistling:But a very happy kitty!! :sneaky::sneaky:

Last edited:
Now that this thread has been wholesomely regenerated and neutralized through banter on personal art histories and exotic animal cuisine (thanks, Satira), I've been hesitant to broach this subject. But because it does not warrant a new thread, especially since my observation is immediately (though obliquely) pertinent to the original post, I proceed.
In Daztopia, an Orwellian protocol is practiced that can be summed up with the phrase, "Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia." Of course, this protocol cannot be addressed within Daz forums because "it does not exist." The recurring example is that of a product's or vendor's removal from the store without announcement, official or otherwise. Then all references (or references to references) to the event (non-event?) are repeatedly and systematically removed without the usual email notification, (for how can you notify someone that you have removed a post which they never posted)? The threads are not merely locked: They are expurgated. Not merely "page not found," but "page does not exist."
This obliteration of history is something that would make the Ministry of Truth proud, but it is so surreal that, like Winston Smith, one might begin to wonder if one imagined it all. Unfortunately, it seems that this policy that is not a policy is not exclusive to Daz; rather, it has become near commonplace in the erstwhile land of free speech.
I'm not trying to start a convention of nattering nabobs of negativitism or even re-rail a thread that has been so exquisitely and expertly derailed. It's just that, not being a Poser owner, I used to seek terms with which to replace "Poserverse," such as "Dazland" or "Dazania." But when I finally settled on a suitable term, to my (only partially feigned) horror, I grokked that it spoke to the actualities much more breviloquently (as this post attests) than I could ever hope: Daztopia.
Yet, like those who have been awakened from the nightmare (called "reality" by those still under its thrall), I find that it is insufficient to seek coexistence with the world (or in this case, Daztopia) but that I must actively engage with it, seeing it for what it is without clogging my psychic arteries with condemnation, contempt or calumny. Those who rule this world shall ultimately be held accountable, but in the meantime I must live in it without being of it or judging it. With the clarity that comes through dispassion, I can see the scared children playing their games and trying to gain and guard the whole loaf because they imagine that they are illegitimate or orphaned and have no other option. I can intently ask and hold the hope that they shall grow weary of their slumber. And I can create.

Yeah, I've seen this, and even had posts of mine mysteriously vanish. Amd I've seen the apparent doubletalk of the ToS saying offite links are considered commercial and disallowed but some folks seemingly are immune to being reprimanded for it.

Hornet3d

Wise

I don't think attempting to re-write history is a new thing but it does seem to be a growing trend. In the wider context I find it somewhat strange when some group want history removed or rewritten on the basis that it may cause offence when it is often the case that those most likely to be offended are not that bothered. I tend to be fairly easy going and take the view that we should not only live and let live but also try to understand things that may be alien or new to us but I do take exception to having things rammed down my throat. I resent being told what I should think which is why dislike the trend in UK universities to stop people speaking because they don't like certain views and I think this will ultimately backfire, but then I am old and grumpy and way past any potential visits to any university.

Terre

Renowned
I saw one such instance there several years ago. First the person was told to start a separate thread, then when that thread slowed down to where it was a few pages from the front it totally vanished.
I haven't seen anything like it happen here.

I saw one such instance there several years ago. First the person was told to start a separate thread, then when that thread slowed down to where it was a few pages from the front it totally vanished.
I haven't seen anything like it happen here.

I've seen one get posted over there, then a second and when I go to look for the first one, it's already gone. Not much time later so is the second one. And I've seen posts mysteriously vanish from a thread and it get locked so no one can re-post anything that was interpreted as disrespectful. Again, over there.

Terre

Renowned
Someone here made a comment not too long ago in a thread about not being allowed to make constructive criticism posts and pointing out that such opinions are actually helpful when done politely. The thread I mentioned was a person saying that they didn't like such and such things about a recently released character. The tone was a polite opinion, not an attack on the creator of the character.

I don't think attempting to re-write history is a new thing but it does seem to be a growing trend. In the wider context I find it somewhat strange when some group want history removed or rewritten on the basis that it may cause offence when it is often the case that those most likely to be offended are not that bothered. I tend to be fairly easy going and take the view that we should not only live and let live but also try to understand things that may be alien or new to us but I do take exception to having things rammed down my throat. I resent being told what I should think which is why dislike the trend in UK universities to stop people speaking because they don't like certain views and I think this will ultimately backfire, but then I am old and grumpy and way past any potential visits to any university.

It can be kind of amusing too; some folks over here complaining about honoring the Confederate officers use terms like "traitors" to describe them but have no problem honoring others that could also be described that way for doing exactly the same thing less than a hundred years earlier. Oh well.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
/raises hand. That would be me.

Yes indeed. I do consider confederate officers to be traitors. However, I also stated had we lost the Revolutionary War, George Washington and all our other founding fathers would be known now as traitors, rather than heros. I also speculated the leaders of the rebellion would most likely have been hanged had we lost.

But, that is the way things work. A hero to one side is a traitor to the other. Whether they go down in history as one or the other depends on which side writes the history books.

xyer0

Brilliant
As Harry Truman said, "The only thing new in the world is the history you do not know." Once, American children were taught a collection of myths in place of their national history, but nowadays they are taught neither myths nor facts, if anything at all regarding history, theirs or anyone else's. Teachers who were history majors once taught high school history, but a shift began in the 70's of having sports coaches and physical education majors teach history. Certainly one of the first steps in robbing a people of their future is to steal their past.

I am one on a watchlist apparently who will get any offsite links and other comments removed even if someone else later posts those links.
Many regular Carrara users are on this list it seems.
A user even solved the issue of Genesis 3 and 8 crashing Carrara and has had references to how removed.
I must admit I am at a total loss to understand much of what goes on there and hope I can continue in the hobby I have invested a substantial amount of money into already.
The danger for me lies with Carrara and Windows updates, Mac users are already having compatibility issues, with no development it's a matter of time until my software of choice breaks.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
upload_2017-8-31_17-1-50.png

Hornet3d

Wise
/raises hand. That would be me.

Yes indeed. I do consider confederate officers to be traitors. However, I also stated had we lost the Revolutionary War, George Washington and all our other founding fathers would be known now as traitors, rather than heros. I also speculated the leaders of the rebellion would most likely have been hanged had we lost.

But, that is the way things work. A hero to one side is a traitor to the other. Whether they go down in history as one or the other depends on which side writes the history books.

That's is a fair point and very valid but it is amazing how many people just do not accept who won and who lost or just deny certain events took place at all.

Being born in the UK I am well aware of some of terrible things we as a Nation inflicted on the world in the name of the commonwealth and very little of the wealth was common it worked in the favor of the rich in the UK. There are now demands to have buildings renamed and other such things because they were linked to the slave trade. Many do this in the belief it offends others, well the idea that these changes should take place offends me, not because I am proud of our history but because I do not feel we should not forget. If cities made there wealthy through the slave trade why should such facts be air brushed away. If our history shames us, great, perhaps that will stop us doing anything like it again. To forget history is just giving you the chance to act in a similar manner and we could be doomed to making the same mistakes again.

Dylan

Eager
There are now demands to have buildings renamed and other such things because they were linked to the slave trade. Many do this in the belief it offends others, well the idea that these changes should take place offends me, not because I am proud of our history but because I do not feel we should not forget. If cities made there wealthy through the slave trade why should such facts be air brushed away.

It's a tough call, and hard to know what is the right thing to do. I've been to Germany and they don't have streets named after Adolf Hiter anymore, or statues of him in public. The history hasn't been erased because of it either, the Germans just don't want Adolf Hitler to be regarded as a hero by having streets named after him and statues in public view.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
No. We shouldn't forget. Ever.

I don't support destroying the confederate statues and monuments. Though, I do support renaming buildings, parks, schools, etc. It's not like we don't rename things all the time.

For some time now in the United States, Columbus named places have been slowly being renamed. Although a federal holiday since 1937, Columbus Day is no longer recognized as a federal holiday in many states and cities. A number of cities celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day rather than Columbus Day.

When I was young, Christopher Columbus was considered a hero. The most glorious explorer in American history! He sailed the ocean blue ... in three tiny ships. And ... discovered America! Well ... sorta. He actually landed in the Bahamas. On an island named Guanahani. Which was populated by an indigenous people. Their ancestors had migrated to the Bahamas almost 1,000 years before Columbus arrived. So, instead of finding the vast riches of gold and other metals he expected and had promised, Columbus found people. Failing to deliver on his promise of vast riches, he sent those people back to Spain to be sold as slaves. Within 30 years, the entire population he "discovered" had been enslaved and the island depopulated.

Sometimes digging through all the myths and propaganda takes decades (or much, much longer). As myths and stories are peeled back, it can turn out a historical figure wasn't actually all that honorable ... as in the case of Columbus.

Do we continue to honor a man who committed horrible atrocities and genocide of an entire people? Or do we remove him from those places of honor and consign him to museums and history books ... where the truth is told. Not some glorified myth that covers up his greed and immorality.

For me, it's not that the confederate statues and monuments are offensive, it's the values and beliefs those statues and monuments represent that is offensive. To the white supremacist, slavery is right and good and the natural order. Should we continue to honor those values? And the men and women who held those values?

Or, like Columbus, do they belong not in places of honor, but elsewhere. Where they are not held up as heroic and honorable people to emulate, but as vastly flawed, and perhaps even immoral, people who we should strive to be far, far better than.