• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks guys!! This one isn't ready yet still a little more work to do on it, but is loosely stylized off of the blown glass horses and The Last Unicorn animated film. Will, probably be a sweet deal, but still hashing things out.
Meet Bubbles - When I first learned how to draw horses in grade school lol the practice was that you drew bubbles two for the body two for the head and then connected the lines.
Bubbles merged.jpg

Rae has also talked me into doing something common but recognizable in the pony family. Will be a bit before I get to him though.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Awesome Lyne!! You got California Chrome in there!! He will go well with Kens DAP racing gear!

Must have!!

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmmm.......... I Think I need to make an Eclipse modified from your textures there!!

Eclipse was foaled during and named after the solar eclipse of 1 April 1764, at the Cranbourne Lodge.

Eclipse was a bright chestnut with a narrow blaze running down his face. He had a white stocking on his right hind leg he was a big horse for his time, just over 16 hands (64 inches, 163 cm), and was an inch higher at the rump than at the withers and was strong, sound and fast, and nearly 93 percent of all Thoroughbreds today trace direct lineage back to him.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Thanks guys!! This one isn't ready yet still a little more work to do on it, but is loosely stylized off of the blown glass horses and The Last Unicorn animated film. Will, probably be a sweet deal, but still hashing things out.
Meet Bubbles - When I first learned how to draw horses in grade school lol the practice was that you drew bubbles two for the body two for the head and then connected the lines.
View attachment 29082

Rae has also talked me into doing something common but recognizable in the pony family. Will be a bit before I get to him though.

I really really love this one. Very elegant-love the style-that's the way I learned to draw horses also! And if I'm just doodling that is still how they come out : )

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I really really love this one. Very elegant-love the style-that's the way I learned to draw horses also! And if I'm just doodling that is still how they come out : )
Thanks Desertsilver! I used to have quite a few bubble ponies in my room when I was a kid lol all shapes and sizes and colors.

It's got a lot of what I actually liked about Littlefox's unicorn. But the unicorn is just *so* extreme that I couldn't see any way of ever using it in an actual render. Had some lovely textures done for it. But just... no.
I do own Littlefox's unicorn and I like the neck and the body shape and the nice lines you can get with them, but those legs ............ just way too long and the nose and head are bit short for my tastes. I also looked at images of the Last Unicorn and I love the neck shape she has its very elegant and graceful and there is something of the waves of the ocean with how it looks. I also like the My Little pony colors, but have always wished they had more detail.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
It's got a lot of what I actually liked about Littlefox's unicorn. But the unicorn is just *so* extreme that I couldn't see any way of ever using it in an actual render. Had some lovely textures done for it. But just... no.
I've been contemplating doing versions of some the textures I did for Littlefox's unicorn for Harry. Mainly the 'kirin' and donkey ones as Rae has already done big cat patterns. But it will depend on the how much time I have.
IMG_0493.JPG

Last edited:

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Since The Last Unicorn came up a couple of times, we used to board Peter Beagle, the author's horses. His oldest daughter named her horse Flicka, after the wonderful coming of age book : My Friend Flicka. ( Mr Beagle hated that book and the name : ) Some of my best days ever, riding Flicka through the sequoias in the Forest of Nisene Marks