• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Jakiblue

I'm now picturing Fabi creating things for the cat and kitten...and getting VERY excited. *grin*

Hello everyone
I have been reading all the way this "start to end" journey, even I did not comment till now.
In my personal oppinion, to mix HW with Daz is like to mix water and oil. From the very start, both companies are too different and too far away in the way they are handled and... specially... loved.
I was wondering if this could last, and in my deep I wished it could because is a huge customers base and a very large organization... but not surprised me to know about this news.
I wish the best to HW and all the beautifull people that works here and "are" HW. I personally want to buy right now all the cat's line and I really prefer to buy them here.
So, with a big hug I cover you all and going fast to look for my kitten, my cat and so on... bought at home :)

Fabi

Hornet3d

Wise
I just noticed all the animals are HOME! :D:D and on sale!
Running around madly at the moment, trying to find coins from under the couch cushions and the kitty (ha!), to see if I can get the cat! Wheeee!

Is there any plans on doing a domestic dog?

Yep, ain't that good news on both counts.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
jaki don´t try to read my mind... oooppsss... ok, do it LOL

Found Fabi's new line. :p

Jakiblue

Does anyone know the end date of the animal sale? I'm sweet talking hubby but he has this ridiculous idea that the rent and car rego are more important this week than me getting the cat. Pffft I don't know WHERE he comes up with these silly thoughts! :laugh:

icedragonart

Admirable
Does anyone know the end date of the animal sale? I'm sweet talking hubby but he has this ridiculous idea that the rent and car rego are more important this week than me getting the cat. Pffft I don't know WHERE he comes up with these silly thoughts! :laugh:

Silly man, he clearly does not have his priorities straight lol. Sadly, mine tends to feel the same way.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Most people, specially new DS users, don't realize that Poser content can still be used natively in DS... I wrote a tutorial about it at one point, but the trolls tried to argue that my information was incorrect... despite the fact that I have DS 4.9 set up to read and use the runtimes straight from my installations of Poser 7 and 10 without having to leave studio, it's a bit harder than it used to be, but still works... if anyone is interested I can share the tutorial here...

I never have heard this before!! So the poser only characters for Dusk and Dawn will work in DS?
Please do share your tutorial... maybe over in the software thread??

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder

Homecoming Sale ends midnight on the 14th. :) Do we need to extend it past the 15th for people's pay periods? We can do that. Let me know?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
According to the product page, the sales ends on the 14th, so until next Monday, or maybe Sunday down in your hemisphere. I think you guys are about 17 or 18 hours ahead of me here on the East Coast, and 2 hours less for the HW store in Colorado.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I never have heard this before!! So the poser only characters for Dusk and Dawn will work in DS?
Please do share your tutorial... maybe over in the software thread??
No, as Laurie just posted above, I also think it's only the pre-weight mapped characters, props and environments that work in DS without a problem.

I believe anything created for Poser 9 and above will not work natively in DS.