• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Carey

Extraordinary
I got a fit on the Racing Tack for the Racing Forms for the TB.

It's looking pretty good, but I need to move the girth back a little with parameter settings for this pose. Light form racer is next, then the juvenile and foal forms. Which can also double as Akhal Teke and I am really anxious to see what the wings are going to look like with this morph.
View attachment 27900
Required Products - HiveWire Thoroughbred Breed Morph
From my time around race horses I must admit I am not impressed by the hive wire throughbred horse, but how many people have run their hand over a race horse? how many have touched those muscles that all seem ready to explode or seen the look in their wild looking eyes that are just barely controlled. How would you, how could you show that in 3D...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have Carey. When I was 14/15 I used to ride 2 before school and muck out the stables and then quick shower and the Trainer drove me to school :)

While I like the HW TB, I would have loved to see an "in training" form so it was much different to Harry. I'd like to see some veins etc (even if it was with displacement/normal maps) to go with it.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Winged horse
wingedhorse.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
From my time around race horses I must admit I am not impressed by the hive wire throughbred horse, but how many people have run their hand over a race horse? how many have touched those muscles that all seem ready to explode or seen the look in their wild looking eyes that are just barely controlled. How would you, how could you show that in 3D...

Very cool Glitter!! I like the Native American flare! I always wondered how they managed to get up there to the cliff dwellings that many of them lived in and now I know!! They all had flying ponies!!

Rae, very coool/cute/unusual kitty pony pegasus !! .......... hmm not sure what to call him? Kittypeg?

@Carey Well, you can add character to him via the character dials, and if you really took the time and sculpted out some muscles added veins, and bone structures like some of your human models you might be surprised with what the end product would look like when rendered in HighDef rim lit to accentuate the muscles. He's bags better than the Daz horse 2 you can see it in his eyes and not just with the body.

And as far as being up close and personal with them I used to teach Shug Mcgaughey's granddaughter Erica. Ever heard of Orb?

Celestial Kestrel
wings copy.jpg

Products Used:
Hiveiwre Horse, Winged Horse for the HiveWire Horse, HW Thoroughbred, Custom racing form morph, BG image is Orpheus XL, Effects applied in PS, Birds are by Ilona this is done using a new PS plugin I downloaded from Google.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I rather felt compelled to do this one.

Anthem for the Angels
Anthem for the AngelsII.jpg

Products Used: HiveWire 3D Horse, Thoroughbred Breed + Custom TB morph , Winged Horse for HiveWire 3D horse - translucent setting, - I modified textures to match with Whisper's coat, Whisper's gold coat, Firey Genesis light setting, and tweaked all the dials on the mane and tail, back ground effects are done in Filter Forge and then converted to brushes in PS, back ground image is from AXLN - Sky Textures MR. This is actually rendered from the top. Try as I might with the bottom setting it would not render the shadows correctly.