• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DS outfit for Dawn and Sora

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I went to sleep, woke up and wow!!!
Thanks for all the renders and tests!
I'm going to have to make a few posts here outlining a few of the kinks in the outfit.
I did not make pom poms but I did start a bow. The bow story is what made this outfit begin, so there is a new ponytail hair set in production, and so was Sora.. I seen the hair first and thought it needed a bow. Next I seen Sora and with the bow fresh in mind I knew what outfit I wanted to make for Sora, but Sora was no where near read so I started the outfit for Dawn. As soon as Sora was ready for the developers I added Sora to the outfit. and that is the story of where this outfit came from.

bow.png

bow 2.png

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Okay, this botheres me. One of the testers reported this problem.

"All items load but do not autofit to Dawn with Dawn selected in window. All items required manual fit-to Dawn."

Here is the problem, it works here at home for me, and I can't go to the other persons house and look on their computer to see whats going on.
Have any of you other testers had that same problem? Does anyone know what could be the cause of this and how to fix it?

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Another reported problem.. Here is the issue and my suggested fix. I don't have much content so I don't know what other people do with their products. Smoothing modifiers are usful and hard on resources so I chose not to have the clothing load with a smoothing modifier. I could have two versions of the outfit in the same package where the user could choose if they want to load the clothing with or without the smoothing modifier. Make sense? So you would have two shirts, two shorts, two skirts. I'm not sure if this is standard practice or not? It should be easy to do here on my end though. attaching images showing reported problem and suggested fix.
This should fix any pokethroughts on any of the clothing items. I think?

!!Before.JPG

!!!After.JPG

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
The next issue is a hard one to explain. Kneeling/sitting poses. Most importantly, Dawn when compared to some of the older human figures is leaps ahead, but she is not a real human and can’t do what a human can. (my theory is distortion is caused when a human figure bends in a way where it is actual passing into itself – like a bend where the thigh moves inside of the hip) (things get thrown out of tune but when moved back into a different pose where there is no distortion things go back into tune) This is my theory on why it is so hard to make different products work flawlessly together, human figure - plus clothing figure - plus pose set - can’t always equal perfection. Sometimes that equation will cause things to go out of tune and be distorted. Please understand I am not trying to make excuses, I am searching for answers and in doing so I must form theories, it is just part of problem solving. I do want to solve the problem and will if I can. If my theory holds water, we are just not there yet. Possible worst case scenario the outfit can be submitted to the Hivewire store with no skirt. The shorts were intentionally crafted in a blinged up spandex gym style where a skirt was not necessary.

Skirts, in the old days of the Poser/Daz verse; as I understand the skirt could be sculpted with morphs to have a kneeling/sitting pose, but you would have to dial in that skirt pose and then move the figures legs to match that pose. Meaning the skirt still might not work with any pose. (I could be wrong on that?) I’m still new at this. Please understand I’m not trying to make excuses for not making the skirt act like real cloth, but it is not real cloth. I am looking into this, if I can make it work better I will, but I’m not sure anyone can yet. With the sitting/kneeling poses I noticed with some tests this morning that some poses worked much better with the smoothing modifier, and others worked better without it.

Another option would be to have all the clothing load with the smoothing modifier enabled and if you don’t want it, you can manually turn it off in the parameters tab.

Any and all thoughts welcomed.

I want to thank you all very sincerely for your time!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
One of the testers reported this problem.
"All items load but do not autofit to Dawn with Dawn selected in window. All items required manual fit-to Dawn."
Have any of you other testers had that same problem?
I haven't had this problem, sorry I don't know what to advise.

Those colors look great! I wish I would have thought of that. It is a great team Hivewire color scheme.
haha its just the reverse of your Black theme :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I don't remember having that problem but I'll double check. What version of DS are they using?
Another reported problem.. Here is the issue and my suggested fix. I don't have much content so I don't know what other people do with their products. Smoothing modifiers are usful and hard on resources so I chose not to have the clothing load with a smoothing modifier. I could have two versions of the outfit in the same package where the user could choose if they want to load the clothing with or without the smoothing modifier. Make sense? So you would have two shirts, two shorts, two skirts. I'm not sure if this is standard practice or not? It should be easy to do here on my end though. attaching images showing reported problem and suggested fix.
This should fix any pokethroughts on any of the clothing items. I think?

View attachment 12530

View attachment 12531

I noticed this but just added a smoothing modifier. I actually think a smoothing modifier should be included but I know that not everyone thinks this way. The outfit should fit perfectly in zero pose with or without it but it is essential for fixing minor poke thru when the figure is posed.

Now I also did some other things as well. I selected the right and left thighs individually and I moved them around to get a smoother finish. In the image above I would move the right thigh to the side using side to side and the left I would use bend with. It is also possible to pose the pelvic section if needed.

I think that because DS is so good at auto following we sometimes forget that we can tweak the pose on the outfit.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks for that comment Pendraia.
So should I repack this, and send it back out? I don't mind it is going to be easy to add the smoothing modifier and resave out the clothing items.
If I do this would the parameter settings I showed for the smoothing modifier be good enough.
I could have it there with those settings but (Enable Smoothing) could be turned off. If the user decided they wanted to use it all they would have to do is go into the parameter settings and turn it on.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If your submitting it here I would check what Alisa says first. As I said not everyone agrees with this and Hivewire does not include it in their clothing. If you did include it I would use the default settings.

I would include in the readme a statement saying some poses may require tweaking of the poses in the parameters tab on the skirt by selecting the right or left thigh for optimal finish.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Two questions, one where did you get those pom poms and where did you get the runners from?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Did you check with Alisa? I'm not sure what Hivewire's rules for clothing are...I know that Daz clothing has the smoothing loaded on the clothing I've bought.