1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Lyne, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

OK, I remember my High School had a baseball field in the front of the school, but don't recall them having kickball as a sport the students could participate in.

2. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Our school had organized softball teams for girls that we played during the summer. Kickball was more of a recess thing if enough kids wanted to play or if the teacher wanted to organize a game. Usually we ended up playing dodge ball as that only took four people to play.

3. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

It may be a silly show, but it has heart and was FUN! CBS canceled it with no warning...it ended on a typical emotional cliff hanger. :(

I found the petition to sign: https://www.change.org/p/to-renew-scorpion

4. Miss B

They cancelled Scorpion??? Sheesh, what were they thinking!

5. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

I know, right!? sigh... family show with heart and FUN.... CBS is not normally so rash. :(

6. Miss B

I know. Each of the characters were unique, and that's what made it interesting.

7. Janet

Oh cool! A new show! I have it on Amazon.

8. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I watched the first season of Scorpion, but further episodes were blocked unless I subscribed to the CBS. Which I wasn't about to do.

I just finished watching the first season of The Good Cop on Netflix, which stars Tony Danza as a corrupt ex cop and Josh Groban as his by-the-book cop son. It was an easy going little (odd couple type) series, created by Andy Breckman, who also created Monk. I've not seen Josh Groban as an actor enough to know whether he's a decent actor, and while we get to be entertained by Tony Danza singing, no such luck with Josh Groban.

9. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

I have a new favourite show on Netflix, called "Dark". It's a German language with subtitles series about a town in Germany where people go missing and reappear 33 years in the past or future. It's very dark and deep and held my interest through the whole series.

10. Miss B

Ohhhhh, I sort of saw something, I guess a preview, of a show where folks disappeared years before, and are finally back and reunited with their families. Not sure if that's it, since I can't believe a TV network would preview a show that's only on Netflix.

Edited to Add: OK, I was wrong. I just saw the preview, and it's an upcoming show debuting next week on NBC called Manifest, where the 191 Passengers and its crew learn that while only a few hours passed for them, the rest of the world has considered them missing -- and presumed dead -- for over five years. As the passengers try to reintegrate themselves into the world, some of them experience strange phenomena, leading them to believe they may be meant for something greater than they even thought possible.

11. Miss B

The Good Cop sounds interesting. I was a huge fan of the Odd Couple, so I might enjoy that, except I don't stream.

12. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Oh YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee:
    My Favoritist theme song EVER!!!!

Janet likes this.
  13. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Is it weird that this bit never got old for me when I was a kid?

14. Janet

I have a difficult time getting into shows that are violent. Usually the first time I watch them I can't follow the plots and subplots. That happened with Dead Wood. Second time through I loved it. Also happened the first time I watched Blacklist. I couldn't even watch past the first season. But I just watched it again - all five seasons. It's amazing. Such a mystery. Netflix just got Blacklist also.

If anyone here has watched it and has any theories please share them.

15. Janet